single player Single player, local profile extinction&island

Thedodowhisperer

So I have played extinction in SP a bit and wanted to see if i could get some of my favorite dinos from my island save over. 

After launching the island i found out that my extinction profile is now on theisland. 

So far i havent been able to get back to my island survivor, i can see the body lying in my old base (which i now cant get in to)

any tips?

Yes, when Extinction was released, there was an issue where the Extinction save files (map, tribe, characters, etc.) were saving in the same folder as The Island. Tribe and character files would therefore overwrite each other, but not the map files, since they have different names. There are a couple of older forum posts about that issue.

They did fix it, though. They made it so the Extinction files now save in their own folder. My guess is that you did not log on your Island game since Extinction was released? So you would still have your extinction tribe/character profile saved in there instead of your old Island tribe/character files.

Did you have a backup of those files somewhere? Dating back before Extinction was released or before you created your character on Extinction map?

Archived