PvE Objectives

VenomousCrabs

Hey guys, 

So I've been playing PvE for about a week now, and going fairly strong. Can someone please give me some objectives to complete?

Theres the obvious ones (to me):

• Max Level
  • All bosses
  • All versions of ascension
  • Achievement hunting (exp notes, exploration, artifacts)

These will very clearly take a long time, however I am curious what people do afterwards, with the co-operation and teamwork of PvE I have encountered to far It seems like many would have completed these things.

Basically, what is next. 

Thanks

Hello.

Well you can have other goals like me and my friends. We started Extinction with the normal PvE mindset but after the first day we realised that Snow Owl and Gacha had taken over everything. Luckily it is very rare to get a Gacha that produce element dust and as of now I could only get one in single player using gmsummon "gacha_character_bp_c" 250

Spawned during night at the Island map.

So that is a difficult and rare goal to have 4 Gacha producing element on official pve.

In single player the goals are building and using/displayed mechanics.

Have fun in both official and SP.

Regards,

Ariana 

6 minutes ago, ArianaGaming said:

Hello.

Well you can have other goals like me and my friends. We started Extinction with the normal PvE mindset but after the first day we realised that Snow Owl and Gacha had taken over everything. Luckily it is very rare to get a Gacha that produce element dust and as of now I could only get one in single player using gmsummon "gacha_character_bp_c" 250

Spawned during night at the Island map.

So that is a difficult and rare goal to have 4 Gacha producing element on official pve.

In single player the goals are building and using/displayed mechanics.

Have fun in both official and SP.

Regards,

Ariana 

Thanks. Whilst I myself dont own extinction, I think I can (sort of) apply this to other dinos. Maybe in the form of cool colours and extreme cases of high stats. 

Honestly, there aren't a whole lot of objectives beyond that aside from just doing what you want to do. If you're looking for objectives to complete beyond that, they'll end up being self-assigned. Getting good at running the caves as fast as possible and breeding up better versions of dinos are both things I end up doing. If I'm on a PvE only server with friends, we'll usually try to make a couple different bases for different purposes around the map and eventually set up so we all have individual mega-bases for breeding purposes. 

It's kind of a "The world is your oyster" kind of game. Another thing I like to do is just spawning in nude and trying to see how fast I can start up a new base from scratch without any of the stuff I've already made...it helps for getting established quickly on PvP servers.

1 minute ago, LouSpowells said:

Honestly, there aren't a whole lot of objectives beyond that aside from just doing what you want to do. If you're looking for objectives to complete beyond that, they'll end up being self-assigned. Getting good at running the caves as fast as possible and breeding up better versions of dinos are both things I end up doing. If I'm on a PvE only server with friends, we'll usually try to make a couple different bases for different purposes around the map and eventually set up so we all have individual mega-bases for breeding purposes. 

Slightly off topic, but I imagine this means you know which caves to run. I'm currently on rag (moving soon). Which caves are the best for loot, and which caves are the easiest to run.

Yeah thanks, I was kinda wondering what objectives people assign for themselves. Hopefully as inspiration for myself.

Just now, VenomousCrabs said:

Slightly off topic, but I imagine this means you know which caves to run. I'm currently on rag (moving soon). Which caves are the best for loot, and which caves are the easiest to run.

Yeah thanks, I was kinda wondering what objectives people assign for themselves. Hopefully as inspiration for myself.

I tell most folks new to dungeons in Ark to avoid the snow caves at first. They're typically the hardest and contain many dinos that are FAR higher level than standard wild dinos. The best loot is usually found in the hardest caves, but good loot can always be found in any of them. That's why it's nice to learn how to run them quickly. If you're not doing much, you can hit up the caves and cruise back 15-20 minutes later and clear them again. It's a good way to get some neat blueprints...just be aware that the materials costs on some of the BPs are insane. 

On Ragnarok I'd suggest starting with the Jungle Dungeon and be prepared to lose some dinos and gear to deaths. I recommend bringing some beefcake Dimorphodons if you have them, along with some solid mounts. Chances are, you're going to die a lot the first couple of times.

I'd also suggest you cruise back to an Island map if you're able to do the caves there. They're some of the easier caves to complete and are a good way to get comfortable dealing with the threats you'll run into in caves. 

4 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

I tell most folks new to dungeons in Ark to avoid the snow caves at first. They're typically the hardest and contain many dinos that are FAR higher level than standard wild dinos. The best loot is usually found in the hardest caves, but good loot can always be found in any of them. That's why it's nice to learn how to run them quickly. If you're not doing much, you can hit up the caves and cruise back 15-20 minutes later and clear them again. It's a good way to get some neat blueprints...just be aware that the materials costs on some of the BPs are insane. 

On Ragnarok I'd suggest starting with the Jungle Dungeon and be prepared to lose some dinos and gear to deaths. I recommend bringing some beefcake Dimorphodons if you have them, along with some solid mounts. Chances are, you're going to die a lot the first couple of times.

I'd also suggest you cruise back to an Island map if you're able to do the caves there. They're some of the easier caves to complete and are a good way to get comfortable dealing with the threats you'll run into in caves. 

Guess I will have to get some dimorphs, did not see that happening. Sorry, what do you mean by 'solid mounts', I am not really sure the size of creature that can enter the jungle cave.

And I originally planned to play the island, but every single area is pillar spammed or coated with thatch and wooden huts. 

9 minutes ago, VenomousCrabs said:

Guess I will have to get some dimorphs, did not see that happening. Sorry, what do you mean by 'solid mounts', I am not really sure the size of creature that can enter the jungle cave.

And I originally planned to play the island, but every single area is pillar spammed or coated with thatch and wooden huts. 

Sorry, by "solid mounts" I mean strong dinos of whichever class will fit. I'm not going to list all the dinos that fit into each cave because that would take a while and there are sites out there that list those things. (I would link the website that has the info, but I'm not sure what the rules are for that anymore.) There are also some guides out there that will give you options on which mounts may be effective.

I like Bears in many caves, but some caves are better with other dinos. (For example, in the Island Swamp cave I prefer a Frog, but in the Extinction underground cave I use a Rex.) I'd recommend searching "Ragnarok cave guides" and you'll have a bunch of info to look at. I always bring a shoulder mounted Dimo into caves with me, and in some caves I'll bring a few on follow to watch my back. (Or to watch all of me if I get knocked off my mount or pass out)

Once you know which dinos are best for each cave (some do not allow you to use dinos for the whole cave) you will want to bring very strong (solid) mounts in there. Preferably bred dinos with imprints. 

Come to think of it, if it's not something you've already done, getting use to breeding and imprinting dinos. Dimorphodons are a great place to start because they're faster to breed and relatively small. 

2 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

Sorry, by "solid mounts" I mean strong dinos of whichever class will fit. I'm not going to list all the dinos that fit into each cave because that would take a while and there are sites out there that list those things. (I would link the website that has the info, but I'm not sure what the rules are for that anymore.) There are also some guides out there that will give you options on which mounts may be effective.

I like Bears in many caves, but some caves are better with other dinos. (For example, in the Island Swamp cave I prefer a Frog, but in the Extinction underground cave I use a Rex.) I'd recommend searching "Ragnarok cave guides" and you'll have a bunch of info to look at. I always bring a shoulder mounted Dimo into caves with me, and in some caves I'll bring a few on follow to watch my back. (Or to watch all of me if I get knocked off my mount or pass out)

Once you know which dinos are best for each cave (some do not allow you to use dinos for the whole cave) you will want to bring very strong (solid) mounts in there. Preferably bred dinos with imprints. 

Come to think of it, if it's not something you've already done, getting use to breeding and imprinting dinos. Dimorphodons are a great place to start because they're faster to breed and relatively small. 

Yeah that is a solid point, probably should have just googled it. I feel like I may have given off the impression I am a total noob, when in reality I have played the game for a while, however I was just on PvP, getting wiped and restarting. 

I have raised bred, imprinted dinos before, aswell as running caves on boosted with flyers (barely counts ik). I was just asking about that specific cave you mentioned however yes, it probably makes more sense and saves you time if I just google it. 

Thanks again.

Build a giant ornate non functional base so you can boast about it to the rest of the server and to your friends. Ideally it should resemble some real life thing that your fond of such as your favourite skyscraper or theme park. Extra points if it causes server lag when someone tries to render it in.

You'll know if you have completed this objective because the rest of the server will be grumbling about your base blocking off a lot of the map. Just ignore them, remember your rights always come first.

3 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Build a giant ornate non functional base so you can boast about it to the rest of the server and to your friends. Ideally it should resemble some real life thing that your fond of such as your favourite skyscraper or theme park. Extra points if it causes server lag when someone tries to render it in.

You'll know if you have completed this objective because the rest of the server will be grumbling about your base blocking off a lot of the map. Just ignore them, remember your rights always come first.

REEEEEEE

Someone is playing Ark a different way from me. I’m superior to them in every way!

REEEEEEE

4 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Damn, guess we have a salty PvP player.

At least when they do complain, the biggest tribe on the server (stacked with gigas and tek) can not just come over and plant c4 on my base while I am not online. Or kill all my dinos every time I log off. Or team on SmallTribes. I have played PvP quite a lot actually, and currently I do not have the time to dedicate to it. PvP is for some, PvE is for others.

13 hours ago, VenomousCrabs said:

Thanks. Whilst I myself dont own extinction, I think I can (sort of) apply this to other dinos. Maybe in the form of cool colours and extreme cases of high stats. 

Hello,

Well as pointed out by large youtubers you get the map if you own the dlc, base game have all titans,  dlc dinos and engrams. Many players just bought aberration since the bugs have been solved there and who likes being a paying tester for extinction.

Another view is the excitement being first and take advantage of the OP stuff.

I did the titan in single player on the island map to try it out.

Summon forestkaiju_character_bp_c

After you kill it you need to go out of render range and type command SAVEWORLD otherwise the game crashes. So thiccfreedom was right.

Personally I think they could have done more advertising for this dlc and not left it to youtubers.

Regardless PvE changed to using a whip getting gacha crystals with metal. Used to be Ankylosaurus task and heavy transport back to base.

Regards,

Ariana 

Build a Zoo ( catch every little species).
Breed your favorite one to an epic level./ pursuit mutations
Build beautiful.
Help Others
Do caves.
Kill every boss on each difficult.
Play and defeat the new stuff when launched.

Most of challenges right now rely on  OSD and its waves, get higher as you can on wave count( when the lag issue gets solved).
Get bored
Go SP or Modded servers and play some overhaul mods such as extinction core.
Get bored again
Quit for a couple of months.
Start over with a few new stuff launched when you were off.

Those are the most generic I could think off. There's always objectives you can "create" for yourself in this kind of game.

You can spend quite a bit of time (and have fun) trying to tame/breed specific colors, etc. I spent 2 weeks recently taming and then breeding up a really nice pack of wolves on our unofficial server. The leader is blue with brown boots and the rest of the pack is blonde with brown boots. Really fun to run around with. 

One thing that I've found is that flyers can kinda ruin the game after a point. I have a lvl 500 lightning wyvern from our boosted unofficial server, and while it's fun to tear through stuff, just flying the map on a beast that never runs out of stamina and has 20k health kinda gets old. The wolves give me a chance to explore the actual terrain a bit more, and still run up against things that will attack me out of the blue. 

So change it up, but breeding for specific colors/purpose can definitely keep you busy - takes a while to get the resources to build a good breeding pen, find a place to put the babies, etc. It's a goal to work towards. 

I also setup outposts in key areas throughout the map, separate from my mega-base. It's fun to then kind of "start from scratch" in this outpost and get it to a good place, and can serve a strategic purpose, too. 

On 11/27/2018 at 11:29 AM, ArianaGaming said:

Hello,

Well as pointed out by large youtubers you get the map if you own the dlc, base game have all titans,  dlc dinos and engrams. Many players just bought aberration since the bugs have been solved there and who likes being a paying tester for extinction.

Another view is the excitement being first and take advantage of the OP stuff.

I did the titan in single player on the island map to try it out.

Summon forestkaiju_character_bp_c

After you kill it you need to go out of render range and type command SAVEWORLD otherwise the game crashes. So thiccfreedom was right.

Personally I think they could have done more advertising for this dlc and not left it to youtubers.

Regardless PvE changed to using a whip getting gacha crystals with metal. Used to be Ankylosaurus task and heavy transport back to base.

Regards,

Ariana 

I am on official so the only way for me to obtain these items is through trade, whilst I have been trying this, It is a slow process as people on the map don't seem to be ready for trade yet. But yes, It has changed the meta quite a bit (as new maps always do) and buying the DLC would probably put me at an advantage against the people who do not.

On 11/27/2018 at 1:46 PM, ZulunSurvives said:

Build a Zoo ( catch every little species).
Breed your favorite one to an epic level./ pursuit mutations
Build beautiful.
Help Others
Do caves.
Kill every boss on each difficult.
Play and defeat the new stuff when launched.

Most of challenges right now rely on  OSD and its waves, get higher as you can on wave count( when the lag issue gets solved).
Get bored
Go SP or Modded servers and play some overhaul mods such as extinction core.
Get bored again
Quit for a couple of months.
Start over with a few new stuff launched when you were off.

Those are the most generic I could think off. There's always objectives you can "create" for yourself in this kind of game.

Thanks, zoo's on official are generally hated on and it is pretty laggy as it is. Helping newbies is actually something I do, mainly as payback for people helping me. I am currently looking into caves. And yeah this is like my third PvE run (but to be fair I didnt get far on the last two - about taming a rex and nearly starting the bosses).

19 hours ago, rcadden said:

You can spend quite a bit of time (and have fun) trying to tame/breed specific colors, etc. I spent 2 weeks recently taming and then breeding up a really nice pack of wolves on our unofficial server. The leader is blue with brown boots and the rest of the pack is blonde with brown boots. Really fun to run around with. 

One thing that I've found is that flyers can kinda ruin the game after a point. I have a lvl 500 lightning wyvern from our boosted unofficial server, and while it's fun to tear through stuff, just flying the map on a beast that never runs out of stamina and has 20k health kinda gets old. The wolves give me a chance to explore the actual terrain a bit more, and still run up against things that will attack me out of the blue. 

So change it up, but breeding for specific colors/purpose can definitely keep you busy - takes a while to get the resources to build a good breeding pen, find a place to put the babies, etc. It's a goal to work towards. 

I also setup outposts in key areas throughout the map, separate from my mega-base. It's fun to then kind of "start from scratch" in this outpost and get it to a good place, and can serve a strategic purpose, too. 

I really enjoy breeding on unofficial, however on official (where I currently am) the timers between are giant (about 3ish days I believe) so breeding for that sort of colours would take ages, especially on wolves where the babies are not even eggs! 

And I like the idea of separate outposts, maybe that is something I will do. That is, if I can find a good location, official is pretty cramped and crowded. 

3 hours ago, VenomousCrabs said:

Thanks, zoo's on official are generally hated on and it is pretty laggy as it is. Helping newbies is actually something I do, mainly as payback for people helping me. I am currently looking into caves. And yeah this is like my third PvE run (but to be fair I didnt get far on the last two - about taming a rex and nearly starting the bosses).

Not really a problem if you dont get pompous but just a pair of each animal? . Thats somehow the kible farm  but more limited as you get only a pair of each that everyone needs/do nowdays. Helping is just a excuse to interact with others and distract a bit from just pursuing premade objectives and a way get some future helpers, in the end it's still a social game .

Archived