Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AnimaSolis

CONSTANT crashing OSD issue - Official server performance is terrible

Constant crashing on Xbox. So I don't understand what makes a game or a sever run well. But textures never load fully, dinos are frequently hexagons... there are routinely 83 people connected to a server that can only handle 70.... the terrible performance of the map and server are really spoiling what is a great DLC. 

Issues:

• Repeated crashing and roll backs (at least several per day)
  • Repeated DC-ing
  • Textures not loading
  • Dinos getting stuck inside buildings
  • Ping rising to over 250, often

UPDATE

Almost every time I reconnect after the game crashes I hear on OSD drop come down somewhere near by. 

The game seems to be running well on most unofficial servers. I'd assume the land grab and early stages are causing hiccups on Official servers, because the performance issues many are describing are not noticeable or are minimal on the servers I've played. The only exception was the official server I played on and, like you're describing, the player count is maxed out. 

I agree though, this DLC is pretty damned awesome thus far.

My boyfriend and I don't play on official servers. We play on our own hosted server, and it's full of Polygonal messes and lost progress as well. We weren't having the game crashing issue as often as others(it did happen from time to time), but we haven't been able to play in over a week as nothing we do saves and our characters just keep wanting to be remade.

We enjoy it, but it's very unacceptable for this to be going so long. I'd of already refunded if I had the option and just waited for them to get themselves straight.

20 minutes ago, CarnoBebe said:

My boyfriend and I don't play on official servers. We play on our own hosted server, and it's full of Polygonal messes and lost progress as well. We weren't having the game crashing issue as often as others(it did happen from time to time), but we haven't been able to play in over a week as nothing we do saves and our characters just keep wanting to be remade.

We enjoy it, but it's very unacceptable for this to be going so long. I'd of already refunded if I had the option and just waited for them to get themselves straight.

I'm admin on 3 unofficials and play on 2 others without any of those issues. (I also have a char on an official server and the server performance is pretty bad) I'd recommend you check your server settings and see what's going on with them.

1 hour ago, LouSpowells said:

I'm admin on 3 unofficials and play on 2 others without any of those issues. (I also have a char on an official server and the server performance is pretty bad) I'd recommend you check your server settings and see what's going on with them.

Are you on P.C. though? I’m on Xbox and I’ve tried several servers. They are all the same. Was similar when Ragnarok came out. It sucks.

The unofficial xbox server I play on seems fine, maybe its just because of the low server population we're getting away with it. I havent had any problems apart from a single server roll back about a week ago for some reason. Mind you I could have been lucky, it would be better for the server owner to comment lol

On PC,  Its seems to be related to the OSD event and the constant wave spawning according to reports of players doing high wave counts. It seems to make sense as game objects instantantiation and garbage collectors always been a costy job for most machines and engines. Conan also have a similar mechanic that renders the server unbearable during the "wave spawn time" of a server.

On ‎11‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 3:51 AM, Jtmorris said:

Complete rubbish on Xbox. I'm so curious who looked at it and said "Yep. That's good."

Money, my friend.  Money.  They got their money so why fix anything?  I've been playing this game since the beginning and if there was another game like this I'd have thrown this one away a long time ago.  

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 8:01 PM, AnimaSolis said:

So I don't understand what makes a game or a sever run well. But textures never load fully, dinos are frequently hexagons... there are routinely 83 people connected to a server that can only handle 70.... the terrible performance of the map and server are really spoiling what is a great DLC. 

Issues:

• Repeated crashing 
  • Repeated DC-ing
  • Textures not loading
  • Dinos getting stuck inside buildings
  • Ping rising to over 250, often

This.  100%.  I play on Official.  Last night in 5hrs of playing the server crashed 4 times (that I can remember) with at least 10 min rollbacks everytime.  Not to mention the freezes and just normal kicks.  This game is unplayable unless I just run circles around my base because that's the only safe place to DC. If I see the ping at 255 I know it's time to say goodbye to my dino. 

Months and months of teasing... and it's still like this.  My mind is blown.  

Maybe you have serverside issue.
I can't a stackcrash on my nitrado server, which cause a lot of lagg/crash.

Contact your server host and ask them if they can see any problem with your server.
Mine was nitrado, they found the stackcrash, good no problem anymore since then :)

On 11/30/2018 at 8:00 AM, Globy said:

Maybe you have serverside issue.
I can't a stackcrash on my nitrado server, which cause a lot of lagg/crash.

Contact your server host and ask them if they can see any problem with your server.
Mine was nitrado, they found the stackcrash, good no problem anymore since then :)

This is on official 

On 12/2/2018 at 7:28 AM, AnimaSolis said:

Yes that’s exactly what we have on 986 as well...

happens all all the time but seems to be the crash happens and then an osd drops.

I know.. we are on the same server and i was dealing with it the best way i could in our tribe lol

EU-PVE-494 Tonight my server is constantly crashed and go down... i cant play on this servers... we lost 15 velonasaurs, starved to death cause of the imposible conection. How u mean compesate us WILCardS??? this not is the firts time...we lost too hours, dinos and stuff for your incompentence...this is incredible wilcards... better go to build webpage not games...