Extinction base building

Alvastar

Building my base on Extinction, built many bases over the years and never had this issue before. everything else in the base lines up perfectly but then there is this stupid gap in the sloped stone ceiling? how does this even happen... where is S+ like they promised, its a much better building mod they just need to scrap the current and hurry up and put s+ in.

pic below shows the gap, lower ceiling row has gap in another area as i tried to fix it.

20181126174927_1.jpg

The snappoint of sloped ceilings is just messed up. it always was. the longer you go from the wall the bigger the gap. a little trick i use is to just build a wall in the middle of the building with a sloped wall ontop and then build from the outside walls further inside and from the middle wall to the outside untill they meet each other

11 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

Extinction allows some interesting options though in building.  Notice the lack of pillars underneath? 

D01A83BB09E71C15C5FB99CCD848E9AEE941F948

DILO, I dream of having a level elevated base that doesn't require me to deal with pillars and their exceedingly ridiculous snap points on official.

I must know your methods. How does 150 thatch sound? Perhaps a stack of Flint for you to spill the beans?

Lol,  there’s still pillars,   They are just on the roof instead.  Taking over the derelict structure I set up the grid on the roof.  The roof on this building was split leveled so I had to build off one side to get the other half of the roof in the grid.  Then from under the roof I could see the pillars sticking through,  so I just pillared down from the corners and then ceilings and walled down.

Archived