About the griffins

MQ92

One thing that I've never officially researched but am pretty much certain about is that various creatures are far rarer on Single Player. I played for a while on sp and never saw a single quetz. I see them much more often (but still hardly common) on multiplayer. I wouldn't be surprised if it were that way for everything.

29 minutes ago, Rakkasan said:

One thing that I've never officially researched but am pretty much certain about is that various creatures are far rarer on Single Player. I played for a while on sp and never saw a single quetz. I see them much more often (but still hardly common) on multiplayer. I wouldn't be surprised if it were that way for everything.

I haven’t played multiplayer enough to comment. Pve maps were littered with crap and made the maps feel incredibly small. The pvp map I played in was full of toxic people and no tribes recruiting. I could have been naked on the beach and some jerk would still pick me up and drop me. They would then proceed to loot whatever nothing I had on me at the time. Base constantly raided. I tried pvx but just couldn’t get into it. Biggest thing is that I prefer to live in the redwoods and it’s smack dab in the middle of pvx land. Once they increased single player difficulties I was done with multiplayer.  I’ve never liked the multiplayer elements of games though. To many twats in this world. 

As far as quetz goes, I have noticed that their spawns changed. When I changed my game from easy single to hard single was two updates ago. So I’m not sure if it was an update or map difficulty but the quetz spawns changed. I see more now and in more places. They are also spawning extremely low. Whenever I have seen a quetz, it spawns within a Rex reach. It’s crazy. It immediately moves up to where I have found them in the past however. I have watched a lot of videos about spawn locations and how to find them. On easy single I scoured the map before I got one. After that they kept spawning at the red orb. Now I’ve seen them all over the north, red orb, green orb, and just south of fars peak. 

So ya I wonder how much of this is a new spawning mechanic vs differences between maps. I can say that there are other things that change between maps. My loot drops on hard are significantly better than they were on easy. 

Archived