Do you have a tempestuous dino?

Anarki

So we have an Alpha pack, just like most other ARKadians out there but ours has a problem and his name is Alpha 4.

All the other Rexes follow in order, stay within the courtyard, do as they are told. Alas, not Alpha 4, he likes to wander off and go and play rock climbing hide and seek (we dont know how long he was hiding down there, a week maybe), he likes to block us off when attempting to run and attack Broodmother and the Ape (luckily the other dinos didnt need a leader and just went and savaged them without the leaders help). 

Whenever something goes wrong, you can guarantee its Alpha 4 at the head of it.

Even when we put them on follow at a decent distance and swim over to Blue Obby, all the Rexes follow in perfect order and then we realise... where the *raptor* is Alpha 4. He will be attacking Megalodons or anything that just happens to be of interest - he has a mind of his own and likes to play up causing major frustrations.

Anyone else have anything similar to this?

Before my aberration world fell to the power of this definitely not broken game, I had a reaper called Bob, who happened to be the best I had. But I never got to use him as whenever I went to ride him he disappeared.

I don’t know whether it was a glitch or something but when I went to ride him (and only then) he would not be there, and I would find him at the same spot attacking the ground. It was quite an impressive feat given how my base was in  an non irradiated spot in element, and the spot was in fertile.

The way I found this out was I followed him on my drake realising he had perfect pathfinding to the spot. (I had found him there prior)

It turned out that the reason for bob doing it was a lone dodo that had clipped under the map, but whatever I did I could not get bob to leave it alone, so I ended up ghosting under the map and forcetamed it.

However then the problem got worse as bob found a new spot to attack and this time his pack of fellow reapers and the dodo joined in, however this new spot was in the middle of the drake trench and the cause this time was a mass nameless spawn, all I could do as he and his pack made its last effort to survive, until all eventually died.

i have 20 rex 16940 584md, they stand together in a group to make eggs. they have been in this location for almost half a year.
there stats have outdated so i took 10 of them to do monkey boss. the other 10 remain at the same spot.

where i boss is for a rex maybe 50 steps away, at an airdrop location.
sometimes when i have finished, 1 or 2 just walk away when we are beamed back to the airdrop.
this happened the first time, and still happened last time, but not everytime.
and they walk to the other 10 that are still standing there that i didnt touch for half a year.......

6 hours ago, Anarki said:

So we have an Alpha pack, just like most other ARKadians out there but ours has a problem and his name is Alpha 4.

All the other Rexes follow in order, stay within the courtyard, do as they are told. Alas, not Alpha 4, he likes to wander off and go and play rock climbing hide and seek (we dont know how long he was hiding down there, a week maybe), he likes to block us off when attempting to run and attack Broodmother and the Ape (luckily the other dinos didnt need a leader and just went and savaged them without the leaders help). 

Whenever something goes wrong, you can guarantee its Alpha 4 at the head of it.

Even when we put them on follow at a decent distance and swim over to Blue Obby, all the Rexes follow in perfect order and then we realise... where the *raptor* is Alpha 4. He will be attacking Megalodons or anything that just happens to be of interest - he has a mind of his own and likes to play up causing major frustrations.

Anyone else have anything similar to this?

I can attest to alpha 4s streak for mischief. Spent most of a boss run yesterday with him clipped into the rex I ride. He wouldn't budge with whistling him and only after i almost wore out a mastercraft whip he finally started moving... I think im gonna need a higher durability whip dealing with him.

Anyone want a free rex that will probably end up costing you your sanity. 

My very first Ark pet ever was... adventurous.

I first tried out Ark in an acquaintance’s game with my best friend. Knowing basically nothing about the game I showed up with only one objective: I wanted a dilo, because I liked the one in Jurassic Park.

And my tribemates were obliging, and we detoured almost the moment we could manage a tame, and I got my dilo, Spike.

But Spike was a freespirited dilo who loved eating dodos and long walks on the beach, and would not stay by our little wooden house for any reason. He was on neutral, but he was not on wander, and without fail the very first thing I had to do when I joined the session was wander the archipelago where we lived and figure out where in blazes he had meandered off to.

He was blessedly never too far, but he was usually taking a casual stroll down the beach, and no matter how many times I checked and double checked he was definitely not set to wander.

Spike’s story had a happy ending, though. I moved to my own game pretty quickly, because that acquaintance and I just didn’t see eye to eye on most things Ark, leaving behind Spike and four dimorphodons.

But she did take care of them, and when cross-Ark transfers were introduced, she returned the five of them to me in my Scorched Earth home. And settled into the bottom level of my wyvern hangar with the other miscellaneous land animals, Spike had had his full of adventure and has stayed put ever since.

5 hours ago, ishootpaint said:

I can attest to alpha 4s streak for mischief. Spent most of a boss run yesterday with him clipped into the rex I ride. He wouldn't budge with whistling him and only after i almost wore out a mastercraft whip he finally started moving... I think im gonna need a higher durability whip dealing with him.

Anyone want a free rex that will probably end up costing you your sanity. 

I could not stop laughing...  The fact that 2 people added to Alpha 4's rich legacy, I am dying...

I had a 190 poison wyvern named Koga for a while.  He was a "I don't always get set to passive, but when I do, I just fly off and land at someone elses base" kind of wyvern.  I had to wrangle him back to base many times, and logging in on legacy was always a "I wonder where he landed..."

I didn't really have the room for wyverns in my behemoth building, so he was stored outside.  One day, I logged in and went outside to where Koga was supposed to be, and he was gone (of course).  I began flying circles around my base, and as I flew outside the eastern boundary I heard battle-music queue up.  I kinda panicked as I spotted him, and watched helplessly as a Therizino put the last few hits in to kill him right as he rendered in, a bloody mess.  So I of course went back to the base, grabbed a spare lightning, and gave that Therizino the whatfor.

He sadly died, unleveled, with a full imprint.  Too hyjinx-y for his own good.

4 hours ago, Anarki said:

Update... After I had a quiet word in its ear, Alpha 4 went to Alpha Monkey and Brood this weekend. He behaved for the first time ever.

I think I have found the answer... just a little tickle under his chin ;)

I had a Rex that behaved like that once. Turns out SOMEHOW he was set to 'ignore group whistles' and had wandering enabled. I changed both of those to normal and haven't had an issue since. 

Archived