Your Highest Wave in Legendary OSD

Vaculity

With all the talk about Corrupt Wyverns being on a destructive wave, this gets into my head:

How far did you guys went towards in Legendary OSD in official server? (i.e: Not utilizing dino/creatures from other DLC ARK, not using god mode, not using any form of exploits, no extra damage multiplier from server setting, etc.. only what you can have within the Dystophic Earth of Extinction)

Yes, I am aware, too much lag that kept causing rollbacks, just keep that in other thread please. 

Wave 11 with just the ice titan.    Could have gone further but the lag was getting unbearable and it was just taking forever with the last few "lost" corrupted dinos not spawning correctly or possibly falling under the world or such.       Did get an ascended managarmar saddle blueprint but as the poster above mentions the loot is very rng on these things.

A couple of notes for any lurking devs:

1) Please make sure the next wave doesn't spawn when we blow the orbital!    We waited till we got to "2 hostiles remaining" and then blew it up, as we were looting (and getting really heavy with metal foundations, spikes, black pearls and so on), the next wave spawned on top of us.   This has now happened twice, it's a terrible s-storm as you can imagine with corrupted wyverns swooping in and us mucking about in our inventory trying to drop things quickly.

2) We keep having to hunt for lost corrupteds to finish a wave, and often the last one will have to despawn/timeout.     This really makes it a slog.    Maybe have the waves on a timer instead of kill count?

3) We really need some way to "claim" the drop, these are already sketchy in terms of loot (Gacha are arguably better sources!), and it gets much, much worse when random joe #23 swoops in and starts looting after doing no work on the hours of wave clearing.       It's even worse at the element veins where people are just coming in at one or two left of wave 5 and brazenly pulling out picks and trying to harvest as it ends.

6 hours ago, Migol said:

Wave 11 with just the ice titan.    Could have gone further but the lag was getting unbearable and it was just taking forever with the last few "lost" corrupted dinos not spawning correctly or possibly falling under the world or such.       Did get an ascended managarmar saddle blueprint but as the poster above mentions the loot is very rng on these things.

A couple of notes for any lurking devs:

1) Please make sure the next wave doesn't spawn when we blow the orbital!    We waited till we got to "2 hostiles remaining" and then blew it up, as we were looting (and getting really heavy with metal foundations, spikes, black pearls and so on), the next wave spawned on top of us.   This has now happened twice, it's a terrible s-storm as you can imagine with corrupted wyverns swooping in and us mucking about in our inventory trying to drop things quickly.

2) We keep having to hunt for lost corrupteds to finish a wave, and often the last one will have to despawn/timeout.     This really makes it a slog.    Maybe have the waves on a timer instead of kill count?

3) We really need some way to "claim" the drop, these are already sketchy in terms of loot (Gacha are arguably better sources!), and it gets much, much worse when random joe #23 swoops in and starts looting after doing no work on the hours of wave clearing.       It's even worse at the element veins where people are just coming in at one or two left of wave 5 and brazenly pulling out picks and trying to harvest as it ends.

1 - They should immediately disappear when the drop gets removed as well. If that can be fixed, then we won't even need to worry about random 200+ wyvern flying around anymore 

2 - I assume that might have been the original intention during the development of the DLC.

3- They warned about drops and veins being lootable by other tribes during Extra Charity Live Stream, so I doubt that is ever going to happen, much as I'd hate to say it (and its even more so since any other trib e can just claim it for the sole purple of letting it blow up or intentionally delaying it so no one can get it, and no other tribe can claim the loot even if they defended it). In PvP, you can deal with these freeloaders, but PvE is another story all together.

36 minutes ago, Migol said:

Drops and veins lootable by others is fine on pvp, you can fight back against poachers.    On PVE though It just means that the OSDs and veins aren't worth bothering with unless you find one isolated somewhere out of the way.

And even then, it takes just one wanderer, just one, to either relay the message or ruin the entire procedure.

2 minutes ago, AshleyLee said:

We did 9 waves  on Legendary drop with Argent swarm, 2 rex's and 2 Velos.  Best was a level 154 Mek BP.  I personally think the MEK BP made it worth it.

289832026_154MekOrbitalDrop.thumb.jpg.02bbe4b13359f336eb7da1e3e555b491.jpg

Were the argys high level with melee damage? What about both the rex and velo, were they tamed or bred with imprints?

Archived