Jump to content
Leonhardt

Additional Tek Weapons

Recommended Posts

Basically making the Tek tier match the Fabricator tier in terms of weapon variety.

What we currently have:

Tek Rifle (Assault Rifle)

Tek Railgun (Sniper Rifle)

Tek Grenade and Gravity Grenade (Grenades, obviously)

What we need:

  • Tek Pistol
    • Basic Tek sidearm. Good with Tek Shield.
    • Standard semi-auto fire. Overheats the same way as the Tek Rifle and Tek Railgun.
    • Bullets do not explode on impact like the Tek Rifle, but are more accurate.
    • Fire button can be held to charge up a Power Shot.
    • Power Shot has much greater damage and creates an explosion on impact, but instantly overheats the weapon, and drains Element charge as long as the charge is held.
    • Default fire is more Element efficient than the Tek Rifle.
  • Tek Blaster
    • Close combat Shotgun style Tek weapon.
    • Automatic fire. Overheats.
    • Doesn't fire projectiles, but creates an instantaneous, cone-shaped, volumetric Element explosion.
    • Weapon auto charges between shots with a radial gauge on the back of the weapon (Think Fallout 4 Gauss Rifle)
    • Wait a moment for maximum power and blast size.
    • Or blast away with less power and size.
  • BFG 9000 Tek Cannon
    • Large shoulder slung energy bazooka
    • Single fire. Shoots a fast energy beam that detonates into a large explosion on impact. Has neat barrel unfolding and spinning animation
    • Must charge up before firing, and overheats after every shot.
    • Can fire 2 shots per unit of Element.
    • No special gimmick, just a BFG.

Whaddyathink

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about the TEK Nuke with point and shoot capability. You aim it at a base and said base gets deleted. This would fit in with the new Titans and Meks ie the current line of thinking over at Wild Card that bigger is better.

Otherwise they could add Tek Tools which are notably missing and a Tek Pike. And also perhaps a semi fixed Tek machine gun. To use it you would have to set it up which take say 20 seconds and the same again to move it. Would have decent damage but a limited firing arc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

How about the TEK Nuke with point and shoot capability. You aim it at a base and said base gets deleted. This would fit in with the new Titans and Meks ie the current line of thinking over at Wild Card that bigger is better.

I see you already got the Tek Salt Shaker lmao

Like the idea of a Tek gun emplacement. I feel like portable manned turrets is a great idea that is sadly unused.

 

Now Tek tools are kinda weird, because I feel like just having things like a "Tek Hatchet" and "Tek Pickaxe" would be too plebian.

Maybe something like a "Tek Omnitool"

  • Advanced multi-harvesting tool
  • Can swap between harvesting modes with right click/alt-fire
  • Can act as a Hatchet, Pick, and Sickle, all in one item.
  • Requires Element to run, but takes a while to deplete.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/25/2018 at 9:26 AM, Leonhardt said:

I see you already got the Tek Salt Shaker lmao

Like the idea of a Tek gun emplacement. I feel like portable manned turrets is a great idea that is sadly unused.

 

Now Tek tools are kinda weird, because I feel like just having things like a "Tek Hatchet" and "Tek Pickaxe" would be too plebian.

Maybe something like a "Tek Omnitool"

  • Advanced multi-harvesting tool
  • Can swap between harvesting modes with right click/alt-fire
  • Can act as a Hatchet, Pick, and Sickle, all in one item.
  • Requires Element to run, but takes a while to deplete.

Interesting. I'd suggest to have the same harvesting value as 250% Metal tools or maybe more, otherwise people will just use ascendant or mastercraft metal tools which dont cost element.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2018 at 1:55 PM, CyanicEmber said:

So you aren't bothered by the obvious lack of a complete weapons tree?

well you dont really need a complete meapons tree tbh. you dont need million types of guns, bows, swords, etc. in terms of usefulness make things that can have a multitue of uses that provide good stat boosts, traps, etc. not weapons of mass destruction or things locked behind a boss kill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, mysticBWolf said:

well you dont really need a complete meapons tree tbh. you dont need million types of guns, bows, swords, etc. in terms of usefulness make things that can have a multitue of uses that provide good stat boosts, traps, etc. not weapons of mass destruction or things locked behind a boss kill.

Well then what would the reward be for completing the bosses?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2018 at 10:46 PM, mysticBWolf said:

maybe something made with tek that has a really usefull function? like some sort of rare candy like treat that you feed a dino to level them up. or a dino mindwipe that can let you respec them

Whilst I actually like them features, I still believe that weapons are a good concept. I still think that weapons should be part of the progression of Tek. PvP is a large part of ARK and I think that Tek should offer viable weapons that can be used in 1v1 and ground combat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×