So we think Sunken Forest is empty?

mogrot

The sunken forest is indeed empty as creatures are killed none if any respawn.  Im trully hoping they fix the spawn either locations or programming.  Their new gacha (sorry if i mispelled it) are no longer spawning and won’t be available much longer if its not addressed.  Im not a programmer and im sure its difficult to do.  Please bump this topic to make sure the right people see this.

Yeah every time the server resets the sunken forest is suddenly alive with spawns, everything is wonderful.     Then slowly, the spawns disappear as people farm/tame and wild ones attack each other...if they're actually stuck under the mesh or something that would explain a lot.    Certain parts (especially near the top) are always barren though, even after a server reset.

It would be nice to see some fish in the upper ponds. The lower areas seem well populated on the servers I'm on, but they're unofficial and have scheduled dino wipes that seem to keep the areas of the map relatively balanced. The explanation that dinos might be falling through meshes makes sense. I might Godmode tonight and hang out under the cave to see what falls out.

On 11/25/2018 at 12:09 AM, Vaculity said:

Seems theres a lot of creatures found around Snow dome, and quite a lot of pack of direwolfs and daeodons to be exact. They are about the same spawn rate as that of the beavers when the beavercolpyse happened.

...or they didn't add enough spawn points for the Forest (not the river)

On my private server, I actually went into the ini in order to rebalance the snow zone just so I could find owls and managarmr.

• Volunteer Moderator

The sunken forest definitely needs some work. It's got the lowest spawn rate of all the areas. However, it may not be a case of just being a low spawn rate, but things spawn inside the rocks.

On my private server I use S+ Transmitter to locate creatures. I noted down the positions the other day of about 5 Gachas. I went to those specific locations and couldn't find them, but every single location I went to took me to a wall. I decided to ghost through the wall and there it was, a Gacha going about its business.

So as I say, it may not be a low spawn issue, but a poorly designed spawn location.

56 minutes ago, GP said:

The sunken forest definitely needs some work. It's got the lowest spawn rate of all the areas. However, it may not be a case of just being a low spawn rate, but things spawn inside the rocks.

On my private server I use S+ Transmitter to locate creatures. I noted down the positions the other day of about 5 Gachas. I went to those specific locations and couldn't find them, but every single location I went to took me to a wall. I decided to ghost through the wall and there it was, a Gacha going about its business.

So as I say, it may not be a low spawn issue, but a poorly designed spawn location.

I am seeing an aberration 2.0 undermesh coming to here, something that will never be fixed

Archived