Megatherium WAY too overpowered?

FR057

Ok so I don't really understand the reasoning behind this game choice but the Megatherium is broken in this expansion. Me and some friends are on a private server where the settings are pretty close to that of an official server except for tame timers and exp gain. Dino damage is normal, or less than that of current EX Official. We had several Dino's sitting at our base and a Megatherium enraged due to the "bug buff" i guess. It's level was about 197 ish. We have a Carno that's level 300+ with a saddle and the thing nearly melted it (*note this is with a rider). It also killed almost all of our other dino's including a super tanky Anky. The Anky was only set to attack if attacked. And the Enraged Mode on those thing make them not only aggressive to everything around them but turn them into unstoppable killing machines. I mean was the attempt here to make them more relevant? Or is this unintentional? I mean i can surmise that given how broken they are taking a boss down with 5 or so enraged Megatheriums would probably do it. Maybe that's an over exaggeration but that's what it feels like. And before someone says, "Oh it adds to the challenge" or "You should not have provoked it". 

1. No, challenging is where you have a healthy amount of struggle. Even had everything been on aggressive it still would have killed almost everything. That's not a challenge that's a broken creature. *Also note that our Carno had over 7k health and almost 500% attack damage and a rider.*

2. No we did not provoke it. It attacked our tames as if it was a normal aggressive mob. 

I'd like to ask why this is like this. If it will be changed, and what are people's thoughts. 

They are insane. One enraged by my base a few days ago and killed off 4 of my dinos. Me and my fiance were on our gigas (level 55 and level 53) and barely took the thing out before it wiped out more dinos. It was level 110 on official.

When 2 gigas take forever to kill it, plus 10 other dinos on neutral, something us very wrong Haha

Now I understand why people use them in the brood mother boss fight.

12 hours ago, FR057 said:

Ok so I don't really understand the reasoning behind this game choice but the Megatherium is broken in this expansion. Me and some friends are on a private server where the settings are pretty close to that of an official server except for tame timers and exp gain. Dino damage is normal, or less than that of current EX Official. We had several Dino's sitting at our base and a Megatherium enraged due to the "bug buff" i guess. It's level was about 197 ish. We have a Carno that's level 300+ with a saddle and the thing nearly melted it (*note this is with a rider). It also killed almost all of our other dino's including a super tanky Anky. The Anky was only set to attack if attacked. And the Enraged Mode on those thing make them not only aggressive to everything around them but turn them into unstoppable killing machines. I mean was the attempt here to make them more relevant? Or is this unintentional? I mean i can surmise that given how broken they are taking a boss down with 5 or so enraged Megatheriums would probably do it. Maybe that's an over exaggeration but that's what it feels like. And before someone says, "Oh it adds to the challenge" or "You should not have provoked it". 

1. No, challenging is where you have a healthy amount of struggle. Even had everything been on aggressive it still would have killed almost everything. That's not a challenge that's a broken creature. *Also note that our Carno had over 7k health and almost 500% attack damage and a rider.*

2. No we did not provoke it. It attacked our tames as if it was a normal aggressive mob. 

I'd like to ask why this is like this. If it will be changed, and what are people's thoughts. 

Lol 2 can kill gamma brood 

Yeah they're monstruous, thats all. Too hard? tame it. Lucly for you they dont need to be enraged while taming it =p . Never face boost mate enraged ones, they are indeed way stronger than rexes while raging never get close thats pretty common on SE. their rage buff is by far the best buff in this game not only they get really strong but earns a % dmg reduction and speed buff that stacks with other things such as mate boost.

20 hours ago, FR057 said:

Megatherium have always been this way.  If you're just starting, you need to make sure that you kill Megatherium before they wander around your base, ESPECIALLY if you're in the city.  Spiders drop down from the upper levels like Megatherium candy.

4 hours ago, RipRavage said:

So a Megatherium walks into your base and smacks your Pulmonscorpius on the ass, what do you do?

Sloth.jpg

Run my ass off.

Archived