How to get Titanoboa eggs.

MexicanTurtle

37 minutes ago, MexicanTurtle said:

I want titanoboa eggs to make their kibble which is the preferred kibble of the thylacoleo.But I can't figure out how to get the eggs.Please give me advice on what to do and how to get titanoboa eggs.

Easiest way is tame a few and park a tamed oviraptor nxt to em.  Set it to wander and load him with stone so he cnt move.  U tame snakes by dropping eggs in front of em and they eat em.

Well yeah,but I meant advice as to how to get the eggs in general,like do I actually have to build a pen in the swamp for them to lay eggs?Also,do I absolutely have to tame them to get eggs?And if I want to make a pen for them(which I do)do I have to use doorframes at the bottom or can I just use window frames for the whole pen?(By the way,I built my pen on fence foundations in the swamp but I used windowframes for the whole thing which is why I asked the question.)

The best way I've found is on center map, east lava cave. Drop a megatherium in there and head in and to the right. Kill everything but titanoboas. Then dismount and remount to piss of the titanoboas and lure them to the big open area an run around till they drop agro. Rinse and repeat at all nearby spawns till you have dozens of them grouped up.

As you run around keep an eye out in the big area with them for eggs. Dismount/remount to grab agro and pull them off the eggs so you can pick them up.

Takes some prep time, but in about 2-3 hours of this you can get enough for a 150 thyla.

Ok,thanks for the advice guys,vut I still have one question.If I am on the island map,and I build a big pen to keep the wild snakes in,does the bottom of the pen (which was built on fence foundations and in the swamp)need to be made out of doorframes or can they just be windowframes.Because I already watched the video that the other guy sent me and the guy in the videobuilt his bottom of the pen out of doorframes and I was wondering if I should do the same thing.

Just be aware that video is 2 and half years old and was before they were tameable, at the time you either had to do something like that or go searching in the swamp or caves (or desert in SE)

One thing I noticed after they were made tamable is I don't find as many wild eggs as I used to, that might be down to me not looking as hard as I used to but I still don't find as many as I used to on cave runs, personally I'd tame some as level doesn't matter and they're fairly cheap to tame on 2x, if you're playing on higher rates then it's a no brainer as you don't have to worry about them de-spawning and having to set the farm back up every time you log on

20 minutes ago, MexicanTurtle said:

So if I tame them,I will have an increased rate of getting their eggs?And if so,do they still have to be in the swamp to lay eggs?Also,they still have to be on wandering right?

You can have them anywhere and they don't need to be on wandering, just have an oviraptor near them so they get the egg boost, mine are on rock/sand and lay eggs no problem

They don't get mate boost so the rate they lay eggs is slower than other creatures and can be a pain in the ass to get them especially if you don't keep them rendered, I've had 37 eggs from 4 snakes in about 2 weeks, most of them have been in the last week while I've been raising rexes and spent a lot more time in my base so they've been rendered, when I was spending more time away from base farming, taming etc then eggs were pretty rare

Like I said, the above video is from a long time ago when you could only get eggs in the wild and they would only lay them in their natural biomes, you could still try that and it will probably work but it's even more random than the tame egg cycle plus the snakes will eventually de-spawn at some point and you'll have to fill the pen back up, taming is easy as long as you have a mount that doesn't agro them like rex, wyvern, megatherium, therizino, the top tier of eggs they like are expensive but just below that you can use fertilised lystro eggs which are easy to get, for a level 20 on 2x it's 4 fertilised giga eggs v 5 lystro, make sure the eggs are in your inventory and just drop them one every 30 seconds or so without dismounting, if you're on a server that lets you carry wilds then it's easier to carry them somewhere safe, let them lose agro then tame, if not then they usually get attacked by sarcos, kapros etc as soon as they're tamed in the swamp so you need a way to get them out

12 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

With the new kibble system is there still a need really for getting these hard to come by Titanboa eggs? Any egg in the same class should work.

Titanoboa only same class egg is GOLDEN hesperonis egg. 

And to my knowledge, the new kibble system is only for the new dinos at the moment, a sort of testing phase. 

On 11/24/2018 at 1:13 AM, Onimusha759 said:

Easiest way is tame a few and park a tamed oviraptor nxt to em.  Set it to wander and load him with stone so he cnt move.  U tame snakes by dropping eggs in front of em and they eat em.

"Set it to wander and load him with stone so he cnt move."

MIND BLOWN.....so simple I never thought of it.  Damn things always clip out of their pens/cage.... 

On Sun Nov 25 2018 at 5:32 AM, ForzaProiettile said:

With the new kibble system is there still a need really for getting these hard to come by Titanboa eggs? Any egg in the same class should work.

Would you rather spend a longer time waiting for hesperonis to lay a golden egg? Titanboa egg classified as extraordinary which is the only other egg as the said egg in the category.

On 11/26/2018 at 12:13 PM, KrackenOne said:

"Set it to wander and load him with stone so he cnt move."

MIND BLOWN.....so simple I never thought of it.  Damn things always clip out of their pens/cage.... 

Not ur fault dude, im surprised it actually works.  Any other wander based action lik breeding or dung beetles converting poop wont work if theyre encumbered.  So im surprised it does lol.  Like my posts if i was helpful

Archived