Player has entire section of area walled off

SirGreenDay

Since I'm new to this I didn't know if this is normal.

Its a PVE server and he has out a wall completely across the beach and surrounding area.

The only way past now is a long swim in the ocean. 

If people can do just take huge areas of the map the pretty soon there won't be anything left for other people.  

Yes, griefing has become quite the thing on official pve servers.  The devs have plans to figure out how to keep this from happening but we will have to be patient.  If people are building things to keep others from enjoying the game, you can send in an email at supports@studiowildcard.com .  It is very important to send in specific information with lots of proof.  Devs are great at helping out but they need good info.

OK.

How can I prove it though? 

21 minutes ago, Zadira said:

Yes, griefing has become quite the thing on official pve servers.  The devs have plans to figure out how to keep this from happening but we will have to be patient.  If people are building things to keep others from enjoying the game, you can send in an email at supports@studiowildcard.com .  It is very important to send in specific information with lots of proof.  Devs are great at helping out but they need good info.

OK. How do I prove it though? 

I'm not on PC so I can't send a pic or anything.  

If your sending an email simply take a pic with your phone and attach to he email. Also if you don't like people being greedy and paranoid come play in pvp official servers. Little more realistic and people are less inclined I find to mess with your stuff if they are aware that they can be taken down a notch or two. Also makes horsing materials and having free range of the land more realistic with certain tribes having let's say ownership of surronding area around their base. Also it is fun making alliances and trading and what not. 

1 hour ago, Zadira said:

I am not sure how to get pictures on xbox.  Hopefully someone else might know. :)

Is xbox like pc?  I know the devs on the pc are able to go in game and help.  We might have to be a bit more patient for the devs to work out these problems if there are not admins on xbox.

Maybe someone from Wildcard will see this post and tell me how to document this. 

8 hours ago, RjMcReady said:

Yeh, I cant call a large wall griefing. I know my tribe likes to wall off large areas to keep all our dinos in. Its not Griefing, its just our land.

Now if they have not fixed PVE pillaring, thats griefing.

If they're walling off other player structures, then I'd call it greifing. 

I will say one thing is that I have seen a lot of people begin building near my tribe's base as we got larger, but we tried not to wall them off until they began poaching into our area for resources.

17 hours ago, Zadira said:

I am not sure how to get pictures on xbox.  Hopefully someone else might know. :)

Is xbox like pc?  I know the devs on the pc are able to go in game and help.  We might have to be a bit more patient for the devs to work out these problems if there are not admins on xbox.

On Xbox, you can take a screen shot. You should be able to to get Xbox pics and maybe even a 30 second video from the website on you pc and or phone. Attach the subject matter to the appropriate email and seelnd to wildcard, Xbox, Microsoft, whoever you want to and esp whoever is the appropriate channel. I hope this helps, and if this is too complicated, as an earlier poster said, take a pic with your phone and email it...include several pics from different angles and locations.

On 12/22/2015 at 9:28 AM, MolonLabe0928 said:

If they're walling off other player structures, then I'd call it greifing. 

I will say one thing is that I have seen a lot of people begin building near my tribe's base as we got larger, but we tried not to wall them off until they began poaching into our area for resources.

Yeh thats certainly griefing, But Im not sure that is what the OP described.

• 1 year later...

players walling off beaches stopping other player from freely walking across map is just selfish there is no though for other new players in their thinking. 

i play on pve sever and have seen this attempted a few times ,its not good for other new players as they will then have to find a way around ,often having to venture further inland  (which they are usually not prepared for being new / low lvl ) or into the sea / rivers and then dying to dinos / piranha / sarco etc 

i personally being a more established player try to talk to other new players doing this , if it doesn't work i just metal pillar all over the area i think they are going to be building ( yes i know 2 wrongs don't make a right but if they are just plain not thinking of others they deserve it ) until they rethink there building plans  . then i will happily remove all previously placed pillars .

On 12/22/2015 at 2:04 AM, SirGreenDay said:

Since I'm new to this I didn't know if this is normal.

Its a PVE server and he has out a wall completely across the beach and surrounding area.

The only way past now is a long swim in the ocean. 

If people can do just take huge areas of the map the pretty soon there won't be anything left for other people.  

Go read server rules, it is not allowed is player spawn is there. Need to build a pass by for people.

You must have a phone so click pic or shoot and send to support. 

WTH its a year old thread lol

15 hours ago, udo said:

players walling off beaches stopping other player from freely walking across map is just selfish there is no though for other new players in their thinking. 

i play on pve sever and have seen this attempted a few times ,its not good for other new players as they will then have to find a way around ,often having to venture further inland  (which they are usually not prepared for being new / low lvl ) or into the sea / rivers and then dying to dinos / piranha / sarco etc 

i personally being a more established player try to talk to other new players doing this , if it doesn't work i just metal pillar all over the area i think they are going to be building ( yes i know 2 wrongs don't make a right but if they are just plain not thinking of others they deserve it ) until they rethink there building plans  . then i will happily remove all previously placed pillars .

i disagree if your building a base near the beach then fencing off a peremiter is a logical choice as there are a lot of resources for starting bases in that region and if your unable to survive in the surrounding jungle or water than they probably shouldn't be esploring too far anyway

• 11 months later...

also heading to blue zone another player has gated off the path with all the metal nodes  this is pve so no way to remove them 

if i report this will wc do anything about this as in remove the offending gates so all players can access it and the entire north east is blocked from land dinos this includes the path up to green obelisk 

• Volunteer Moderator
13 minutes ago, udo said:

if i report this will wc do anything about this as in remove the offending gates

the only ones that can answer that question is support, located here https://support.survivetheark.com/hc/en-us

i can appreciate you posting in an existing thread that is similar to your issue (really, that is awesome) but please dont necro year old threads :). in the future if the only thread you can find that is similar to whatever issue/topic you are concerned with is a really old one, its okay to create a new one. in this instance, only support will be able to assist you (hopefully).

Archived