Griffin breeding

KodahWomble

We’re having trouble with getting our griffins to breed on our unofficial server. We thought we were taming the right way, with male and female having same ending letters to their name, but despite multiple combinations we haven’t had any luck. Anyone have any suggestions or know what we’re doing wrong?

12 minutes ago, KodahWomble said:

We’re having trouble with getting our griffins to breed on our unofficial server. We thought we were taming the right way, with male and female having same ending letters to their name, but despite multiple combinations we haven’t had any luck. Anyone have any suggestions or know what we’re doing wrong?

They r unbreedable...And wat the fruit r u talking about with the letters in the name?  Tht has absolutely nothing to do with breeding or getting eggs layed XD.  Who frickin told u tht load of BS? XD  whoevr did is probably laughing their butt off.  U got played dude lol

Just now, Onimusha759 said:

They r unbreedable...And wat the fruit r u talking about with the letters in the name?  Tht has absolutely nothing to do with breeding or getting eggs layed XD.  Who frickin told u tht load of BS? XD  whoevr did is probably laughing their butt off.  U got played dude lol

This is ark mobile, Griffins can breed

I have yet to get a griffin so let me get that out there first. I do however wonder if it has something to do with the new respect aspect. Could it be that the one trying to breed them doesn’t have their respect. 

I know it’s possible as least the YouTube videos show such. At this point it seems that there are things about griffins in mobile that we simply do not know yet, which I find refreshing, such as preferred kibble. 

7 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Thanks for being kind of a jerk. Maybe try knowing what forum you’re actually in.

i don’t know why we’ve had issues with some pairs not breeding, even though they have the matching last three letters of their names, but I was able to do it tonight. Sooo...who knows why it’s not working sometimes.

On 11/24/2018 at 2:40 AM, KodahWomble said:

Thanks for being kind of a jerk. Maybe try knowing what forum you’re actually in.

i don’t know why we’ve had issues with some pairs not breeding, even though they have the matching last three letters of their names, but I was able to do it tonight. Sooo...who knows why it’s not working sometimes.

Ya i wasnt trying to b a jerk, it just sounded so ridiculous tht i was just lik wow really.  Now ill admit tht i didnt realize it was the mobile section, the recommended topics/new topic or watevr it is on the right side of the screen on the main page doesnt distinguish between any platform.  So sry if wat was said here was actually legit.  I mean it sounds ridiculous as heck but who knows.  I wudnt think there would b huge changes to certain things tho.  Lik ik ud hav to die dwn the game to fit it on a phone, but to add breeding to a creature that u cant breed on console or the original pc platform sounds vry odd.  So it sounded lik ppl wer trolling to me.  Sry if i came off as a jerk

A

5 hours ago, Onimusha759 said:

Ya i wasnt trying to b a jerk, it just sounded so ridiculous tht i was just lik wow really.  Now ill admit tht i didnt realize it was the mobile section, the recommended topics/new topic or watevr it is on the right side of the screen on the main page doesnt distinguish between any platform.  So sry if wat was said here was actually legit.  I mean it sounds ridiculous as heck but who knows.  I wudnt think there would b huge changes to certain things tho.  Lik ik ud hav to die dwn the game to fit it on a phone, but to add breeding to a creature that u cant breed on console or the original pc platform sounds vry odd.  So it sounded lik ppl wer trolling to me.  Sry if i came off as a jerk

Sadly that’s the world of War Drum’s version of Ark. Crazy nonsense that is so off the wall, and yet it’s reality. Yes, we have griffins on the original Island. Yes, they’re breedable. Yes, they’re ONLY breedable if you have matching endings of their names. Yes, only players of a certain level (level 90) can tame and ride any griffin.

9 hours ago, KodahWomble said:

A

Sadly that’s the world of War Drum’s version of Ark. Crazy nonsense that is so off the wall, and yet it’s reality. Yes, we have griffins on the original Island. Yes, they’re breedable. Yes, they’re ONLY breedable if you have matching endings of their names. Yes, only players of a certain level (level 90) can tame and ride any griffin.

Now it’s level 90? Im single player level 85. That would make sense as I was able to have a level 2 griffin respect me but not a level 28. I’ve trapped the 28 so hopefully it will still be there when it’s ready to respect me lol. 

6 hours ago, LightBender said:

Now it’s level 90? Im single player level 85. That would make sense as I was able to have a level 2 griffin respect me but not a level 28. I’ve trapped the 28 so hopefully it will still be there when it’s ready to respect me lol. 

At least from what people on my server are seeing, 85s can get the respect of only VERY low level griffins...so not even the 20s or 30s. 90 seems to give you the respect of any level.

11 hours ago, g433a said:

Don't know if this is your issue or not, but their surname isn't the last x letters, it's the last syllable. Could be 2, 3 or more letters.

Yeah, that’s what we were figuring out. Originally the thought was 3. Though you’d think that if 3 match then it should be good to go.

From the list of surnames that went around, it also appears that there are two houses of “ys”, which is just stupid and confusing. Two guys on my server have a solid half dozen “ys” griffins, and almost none of them will breed. It doesn’t make any sense.

Archived