Rex taming help

Gyhfyuyg

8 minutes ago, Gyhfyuyg said:

I am trying to tame a Rex. Do you think that a 3 by 3 taming pen with fence Foundation and door frames and a ramp that allow the Rex to enter will work 

Stone behemoth gate...So u can gt him bk out without destroying ur trap.  Also u can use pillars, it cheaper and allows u to slip in and out easily.

11 hours ago, Gyhfyuyg said:

I am trying to tame a Rex. Do you think that a 3 by 3 taming pen with fence Foundation and door frames and a ramp that allow the Rex to enter will work 

I am obsessed with rex's. I truly enjoy taming rex's. Your idea will work - like somebody said make the walls high enough so it cant walk out. I have never tried your idea but I am going to!!

Don't use behemoth gates. 

If you're going to go the "gate" route - do the same as with Giga and use 3 dino gates in a half circle, then place gate behind rex to trap it. 

Hello,

Looked at players accomplished tasks on steam and a few have done this.

Easy is a large speed advantage compared to the rex speed. Speed 137% is enough and as you reload, your character get slow so switching to another crossbow is fast and you keep your speed. Reload when it is safe and when you can afford to be slow.

Lucky by nature (youruber) placed a foundation with walls (no roof) and shot the rex from inside and the rex could not cause damage. Never tried it but it looked very intense.

The trap yoy suffested only have one bad thing about it and rhat is if you leave it and other players/tames get trapped. 

Also as the rex get tranqs it can get out but that might be a mechanics of the past.

Rex and you going to a safe area with only other herbivore dinos is the easiest.

Once knocked out set a flyer to aggressive and have it not damage knocked out / sleeping dinos so that flyer guards and kills passing by intruders.

Good luck,

Regards,

Ariana 

14 minutes ago, ArianaGaming said:

Lucky by nature (youruber) placed a foundation with walls (no roof) and shot the rex from inside and the rex could not cause damage. Never tried it but it looked very intense.

I saw this video as well. It was a 1x1 stone building. Now that you have reminded me I might have to try that as well. 

honestly with decent armor, a good crossbow or longneck, and alright movement speed you don't need a trap at all. It is fairly easy to stay our of it's hit box if you run around in circles, or a tame with a good saddle can distract it... while it munches on the tame just keep shooting. Just have to be fast enough to catch it when it runs.

• 4 months later...
33 minutes ago, DanielDog said:

Can any of you please show a rex pen pic? I’d really appreciate it if you could!

The size of such a pen gets so large that it is much better to just start shoting it. Try to kite the rex to a safe area and start crossbow. The same for giga. Only difference is that you need to be higher up in the terrain when shoting as rapidly as you can. 

Having a pen is expensive and difficult to get the rex/giga inside.

1 hour ago, ArianaGaming said:

The size of such a pen gets so large that it is much better to just start shoting it. Try to kite the rex to a safe area and start crossbow. The same for giga. Only difference is that you need to be higher up in the terrain when shoting as rapidly as you can. 

Having a pen is expensive and difficult to get the rex/giga inside.

Where I find Rexes, it dangerous all over, titanoboas all over, allos, Carnos, and a TON of raptors. Also a giga

• 10 months later...

This may sound dumb but have you tried getting the rex aggroed on you by dive bombing him with an argy and then leading him to a nearby cliff and just tranqing him every 3-5 seconds? When leading him just dive bomb him every time he loses agro. I’ve tamed 2 decent level rexes this way and I needed no trap. This is assuming you have an argy as I haven’t tried it with other mounts and also that their are cliffs nearby (I did both tames on Rag haven’t tried it on other maps) 

Archived