If Ark Continues, What Would You Rather See Next? (Ext. Spoilers)

CyanicEmber

I'm really curious whether people would rather have a fourth DLC (probably an Aquatic focused map) set prior to the initiation of The Reseed Protocol by The Ones Who Try Again, or a full sequel/DLC set on Earth in the aftermath of The Reseed Protocol? Also feel free to spill ideas! Everyone loves those. ❤️

2 hours ago, CyanicEmber said:

I'm really curious whether people would rather have a fourth DLC (probably an Aquatic focused map) set prior to the initiation of The Reseed Protocol by The Ones Who Try Again, or a full sequel/DLC set on Earth in the aftermath of The Reseed Protocol? Also feel free to spill ideas! Everyone loves those. ❤️

Would be nice at some point to stop being a free beta tester.

I'd like to see a kind of an Enhanced PVP Edition that would result in a better more competitive PVP experience.

• No Tek Tier
  • No Titans
  • No Titanosaurs
  • No Meks
  • No Flyers
  • A new "intense" jungle map that is covered in dense triple canopy jungle.
  • New resources - tin, iron, bronze, steel, lead would replace the generic "metal" resource.
  • The highest tek tier would be metal
  • The introduction of new types of defence turrets
  • The introduction of new siege weapons and sieging mechanics
  • The introduction of new traps and defensive buildings
  •  Big dinosaurs like Brontos/Rexes/Spinos/Giga would be rarer, harder and longer to tame. The Giga's stats and size would be nerfed so that they are on par with the Rex/Spino.
  • Structures on platform dinos would no longer be able to be built over the rider.
  • Tamed Dinosaur stats would be reduced by a bit.
  • Whips no longer disarm people but would only gather items off the ground.
  • A significant reduction in the durability of flak armor.
  • Bolas would no longer work on players.
  • Player movement would be locked at 100%
  • Food and Water stats would give additional benefits
  • Rifles and guns would use ballistics like arrows.
  • Melee weapons would use more stamina when swung.
  • The introduction of new melee weapons with distinct roles, uses, benefits and drawbacks.
  • New types of bows/crossbows.
  • Removal of the crosshair and shots fired from sniper rifles when not using the scope would be random and inaccurate.
  • Removal of caves or changed so they cannot be built in.
  • A minimal graphics setting requirement of "medium" to play on these servers.

New kinds of ARKs would be interesting. 

Two that come to mind

*  OceanARK - Mostly underwater / aquatic caves with shallows and a few scattered islands and atolls. Maybe have larger raft like structures for base building.

*  JungleARK - Imagine if the city in Extinction was made of gigantic trees. bridge building / zip lining would be a must. Add more arboreal and gliding tames.

Doubt it would ever happen but it might be interesting

1 hour ago, ForzaProiettile said:

I'd like to see a kind of an Enhanced PVP Edition that would result in a better more competitive PVP experience.

• No Tek Tier
  • No Titans
  • No Titanosaurs
  • No Meks
  • No Flyers
  • A new "intense" jungle map that is covered in dense triple canopy jungle.
  • New resources - tin, iron, bronze, steel, lead would replace the generic "metal" resource.
  • The highest tek tier would be metal
  • The introduction of new types of defence turrets
  • The introduction of new siege weapons and sieging mechanics
  • The introduction of new traps and defensive buildings
  •  Big dinosaurs like Brontos/Rexes/Spinos/Giga would be rarer, harder and longer to tame. The Giga's stats and size would be nerfed so that they are on par with the Rex/Spino.
  • Structures on platform dinos would no longer be able to be built over the rider.
  • Tamed Dinosaur stats would be reduced by a bit.
  • Whips no longer disarm people but would only gather items off the ground.
  • A significant reduction in the durability of flak armor.
  • Bolas would no longer work on players.
  • Player movement would be locked at 100%
  • Food and Water stats would give additional benefits
  • Rifles and guns would use ballistics like arrows.
  • Melee weapons would use more stamina when swung.
  • The introduction of new melee weapons with distinct roles, uses, benefits and drawbacks.
  • New types of bows/crossbows.
  • Removal of the crosshair and shots fired from sniper rifles when not using the scope would be random and inaccurate.
  • Removal of caves or changed so they cannot be built in.
  • A minimal graphics setting requirement of "medium" to play on these servers.

I dont usually like your ideas but most of those would make a great server / DLC. Back to the Island roots and feel of pre-alpha

14 hours ago, Paroxyde said:

They reseeded Aberration... Now Earth is even more corrupt...

But I'd rather have a water+ice DLC... That give +15 levels to get to 150 player level.

Or one that is more fantasy oriented with maybe even things that are incorporeal...

Actually, I don't think Aberration landed on Earth. At the end, the system on Earth contacted the Overseers on the individual Arks and prompted them to return to Earth. 

The Overseer on Aberration was completely destroyed, so there was nothing to bring the Ark down. I think it's still hovering out there in space.

Ark 2 might see Rockwell crash that Ark into Earth and escape....

3 hours ago, TravisMichael said:

Actually, I don't think Aberration landed on Earth. At the end, the system on Earth contacted the Overseers on the individual Arks and prompted them to return to Earth. 

The Overseer on Aberration was completely destroyed, so there was nothing to bring the Ark down. I think it's still hovering out there in space.

Ark 2 might see Rockwell crash that Ark into Earth and escape....

Ending cinematic of alpha king titan, you see aberration seeded but broken with a charge terminal crashed on the sand and a rockwell like voice saying something like I'm coming for you and the purple obi blinking. 

1 hour ago, Paroxyde said:

Ending cinematic of alpha king titan, you see aberration seeded but broken with a charge terminal crashed on the sand and a rockwell like voice saying something like I'm coming for you and the purple obi blinking. 

I don't think that was on Earth though. The sky in the background is pitch black like it's still in space.

2 hours ago, TravisMichael said:

I don't think that was on Earth though. The sky in the background is pitch black like it's still in space.

Earth stopped spinning. We are in the light side (that's why it's always day in wasteland and city)... There is obviously a dark side too. 

And it's cloudy and dusty. There is no such thing in space. 

What "pitch black" are you talking about? I only see cloudy sky. 

And you can see the anchors used for seeding clearly, one got down and one look broken and is tilted side way. This means its dome is gone and the sandy part is the wasteland and not the surface. The charge station being one of the debris resulted from the reseeding of a broken ark. 

20 hours ago, d1nk said:

I dont usually like your ideas but most of those would make a great server / DLC. Back to the Island roots and feel of pre-alpha

Yep that was the intention. A general balance tweak for PVP with the idea to make raiding more tactical rather then just soaking turrets or even worse the new tactic of just stomping them with Titans. The removal of flyers would also allow map geography and terrain to once again become more of a factor.

I want a water map because at this point the whole water game is pointless, especially since Extinction has little to no areas where water tamed could be useful.  

However bug fixes should be the priority now, not another map.  Fix long-standing bugs like armor clipping, beacons floating into the ground, and the buggy passive taming mechanics.  But I’m well aware that’s not going to happen, so I guess I’ll take the dlc.

i want to have in ARK a Evolution of armors transmogs for every biome where you can change the design of it not only to add dye/colors same thing for Dino saddle's and decoration for you tribe to be more unique and different from tribe to tribe ? Anyway the biggest prio still should be bug fixes and the server lags what we have on extinction server's 

I'm not very versed in ark lore but I imagine that would be something with those "other" baddies on aberration. If i'm not wrong the reaper team is the enemy of the boss team that is conected to element and all. Another option is by following the signs it would be an ocean ARK, it seems that the oceans had many projections that wasnt fulfilled. Talking about possibilities we have many that not necessary are after extinction but before it. Many arks out there, wich can add to the gameplay but  dont change the lore.

But as some said i'd think the time now is for sharpening the game, extinctions is having some very bad lag issues, pillaring on PVE official is another really serios problem and we have a ton of everyday small problems that could have the light of atention as some more TL's, at least one more( the whole SE dlc could have a TL) .

Archived