Massive nerfs

Sharpshot879

6 hours ago, Frogspoison said:

Gacha's were honestly OP - I was able to get a full set of Asc Riot Gear day one from wild Gachas, and an asc crossbow (All equipment had their respective stats maxed out). As it stands now, you'll need to breed, and get a high crafting skill mutation to get free, maxed-out gear again, AND spend a good amount of whatever resource dump you have (I just use metal0. They are STILL very good at pumping out their primary resource though - free pearls, crystal, polymer, things that are a pain in the ass to get, they pump out almost by the stack.

Owls were easily outclassing the Daedon - Sure, there's the active vs passive portion, but whereas a Daedon will consume tens of thousands of food quickly to heal for a moderate amount, even an Owl tamed at lvl 7 could top off raiding rexes with ease, as long as you pumped up its stamina. Do note that they only received nerfs to their healing, and not to their CC potential, damage, ect.

I dont get the managarmr nerfs though. While they are more easily available then Rock Drakes, they AREN'T that much faster then Rock Drakes.

Titans... I'm meh on Titan's as a whole. A single-map gimmick that just creates huge balancing problems. At LEAST they are limited only to Extinction.

Meks can't be lvld and HAVE to be ridden, so there is a form of balance there.

Enforcers are allright and haven't really recieved any changes since release. Same with Gas Bags.

I do agree mostly but your point about the owls I don’t, I have seen people complaining about their friendly healing but not their self healing, so the fact that they removed that is weird to me. (The healing like the argies)

11 hours ago, flamron said:

Everyone else was also able to get good loot. Defeats “OP” if everyone can do it. Almost a level playing field. Especially with the lack of standard supply drops. 

The problem was the getting of good loot. Yes, it's an even playing field, but it made the whole "Go do OSDs/Caves for loot" moot, letting people skip the entirety of the setting up portionof gmameplay.

22 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

I understand that kids and teenagers loving really big cool looking things and since they already had added the Titanosaur to keep that wow effect they had to go bigger and more extreme but it really wasn't needed.

Those damn kids and their fun monsters ruining my adult base building and Martha Stewart busywork gameplay

3 hours ago, Frogspoison said:

The problem was the getting of good loot. Yes, it's an even playing field, but it made the whole "Go do OSDs/Caves for loot" moot, letting people skip the entirety of the setting up portionof gmameplay.

It’s an entirely different loot table though. The gacha loot preps you for the caves and could help some on the OSD’s as well. 

6 hours ago, Frogspoison said:

First off the cave drops are absolute garbage compared to the OSDs and the OSDs make things like Killing Titans or even bosses on the island pointless since the loot in OSDs is exponentially better.  So under that logic do you think OSDs need to be heavily nerfed as well, because OSDs are much better for getting resources/element than boss runs or even the stupid Element Vain minigames.  The amount of resources you can get from breaking down the structure the OSDs drop alone make them better than Gachas.

On 11/24/2018 at 8:03 PM, RipRavage said:

First off the cave drops are absolute garbage compared to the OSDs and the OSDs make things like Killing Titans or even bosses on the island pointless since the loot in OSDs is exponentially better.  So under that logic do you think OSDs need to be heavily nerfed as well, because OSDs are much better for getting resources/element than boss runs or even the stupid Element Vain minigames.  The amount of resources you can get from breaking down the structure the OSDs drop alone make them better than Gachas.

To do OSDs, you need to set up, tame strong dinos, and work together. A FAR cry different from lvl 1 beach bob getting a full set of Riot+best weapon because he got lucky from a WILD Gacha.

Gacha's needed that nerf on officials.

11 minutes ago, Frogspoison said:

To do OSDs, you need to set up, tame strong dinos, and work together. A FAR cry different from lvl 1 beach bob getting a full set of Riot+best weapon because he got lucky from a WILD Gacha.

Gacha's needed that nerf on officials.

Because that helped level the playing field for low levels and gave them a fighting chance to survive?

50 minutes ago, flamron said:

Because that helped level the playing field for low levels and gave them a fighting chance to survive?

we are talking about the START of Extinction here, where the playing field between new and older players is as close as it's EVER going to be on officials. What's more, the Gacha is entirely RNG based, especially wilds, especially at the start - Once establsihed, a Mega Tribe is going to have hundreds of Gacha's producing great gear, whereas beach bob had to have excellent luck to get a full set of usable gear from a wild Gacha - Getting a maxed out assault rifle isn't going to help beach bob, it's going to help the mega tribe when they kill lvl 15 beach bob and his 5 dodos.

Official's aren't there to help new players on PvP. If you want to succeed on an established PvP server, you need to play smart, and sneaky.

5 minutes ago, Frogspoison said:

we are talking about the START of Extinction here, where the playing field between new and older players is as close as it's EVER going to be on officials. What's more, the Gacha is entirely RNG based, especially wilds, especially at the start - Once establsihed, a Mega Tribe is going to have hundreds of Gacha's producing great gear, whereas beach bob had to have excellent luck to get a full set of usable gear from a wild Gacha - Getting a maxed out assault rifle isn't going to help beach bob, it's going to help the mega tribe when they kill lvl 15 beach bob and his 5 dodos.

Official's aren't there to help new players on PvP. If you want to succeed on an established PvP server, you need to play smart, and sneaky.

So official PVP is there to stagnate with the same people and push any new people to PVE or unofficial?  That seems like a pretty harsh statement and probably shouldn’t be a goal to grow a game. 

To me it seems the gacha nerf is a lot like other nerfs that have been made. There’s a disconnect between the people making the decisions to change abilities/stats/probabilities and the people that actually play the game formats. I get that some sacrifice will need to be made when a feature is “OP” for one game mode and the change is made globally. I do not get how or why such a large change would be made so quickly though. There’s limited to no data out to say whether the gacha producing quality loot instead of apprentice stone hatchets would benefit or hinder the targeted player base. 

Yeah, I didn't like the removal of Snow Owl healing after eating a corpse and the Managarmr nerf. What's worse is I don't think either got something to compensate for these nerfs. The Managarmr already has poop stats in just about every department, and everything Agro's them. I think both should have received some compensation. Same with the Gacha. Their whole gimmic is item production, maybe they should eat less then they do now so you can get more out of them? 

Breaking News Report:

Players of the popular video game "Ark: Survival Evolved" and its newest expansion "Extinction" don't like nerfs to imbalanced mechanics and blame it on the game mode they don't play. One victim of this tragedy was quoted as saying, "Who moved my cheese?" while many others are in a state of hysteria and unable to comment coherently. Further dismay and outrage is feared eminent as many experts speculate that further balance passes are  to come. Early reports from the scene show protesters shouting obscenities at the responsible parties and carrying signs asserting "The end is nigh!" Riots seem inevitable. Humanity is in limited supply. Are we witnessing a catastrophic event unfold? More information on this developing story as it becomes available.

28 minutes ago, Zuesneith said:

They really need to have two different settings/balances for their servers. one for pvp and one for pve. Not sure why people think it's so hard for them to do. 

Well if it stops annoying PVE types constantly trying to interfere with the devs balancing the game I'm all for it. They can have their super dinos that can't be scratched.

59 minutes ago, Zuesneith said:

They really need to have two different settings/balances for their servers. one for pvp and one for pve. Not sure why people think it's so hard for them to do. 

Possibly because pve is literally just pvp without the capability of killing players and their tamed so much that it's the only setting type?

4 hours ago, Scrysis said:

It seems to me that some of the issues caused by pvp are due to people raiding bases when the owners aren't home.  Offline raiding prevention should probably be implemented everywhere.  Then people can freak out less because they're only able to be raided when home.

That is literally 90 percent of raiding in all survival games.

Archived