Massive nerfs

Sharpshot879

Why was so much stuff heavily nerfed? On console at least there is massive nerfs to nearly everything in extinction, from owls to Meks.

I mean I know some stuff actually needed nerfing, like meks v turrets but stuff like the titans (from my understanding, hopefully wrong on this) being made only tameable for 1 day (completely changing what they said about them, or the owl not being able to heal off corpses. (Also apparently a massive Gacha nerf)

I mean some of this maybe needed nerfing which I cannot comment on as I don’t play official, but this seems a bit over the top to me.

1 hour ago, Sharpshot879 said:

Why was so much stuff heavily nerfed? On console at least there is massive nerfs to nearly everything in extinction, from owls to Meks.

I mean I know some stuff actually needed nerfing, like meks v turrets but stuff like the titans (from my understanding, hopefully wrong on this) being made only tameable for 1 day (completely changing what they said about them, or the owl not being able to heal off corpses. (Also apparently a massive Gacha nerf)

I mean some of this maybe needed nerfing which I cannot comment on as I don’t play official, but this seems a bit over the top to me.

Because the PVP crowd was crying like usual, so they nuked most the tames instead of fixing actual bugs.

actually no make that 3 settings One for normal sane PVP one for normal sane PVE and a special setting for sadomasochistic survivalist cancer

But honestly I think instead of nerfing things we should instead focus on tossing out permabans against the repeat offenders who abuse it treat the source of the problem by removing the players who use exploits in the first place. The problem with nerfs is that when you close one exploit players will just go find another one. but the ban hammer is a strong deterrent

3 hours ago, Sharpshot879 said:

Because there is a certain thing called balance and players like to play games which have lots of it...

4 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Because there is a certain thing called balance and players like to play games which have lots of it...

I know and I understand that, but some of it was large overnerf IMO. Creatures that weren’t even complained about were nerfed (e.g scout though I think that was a bug). I didn’t hear anyone complaining about the titans, link me a thread if I am wrong.

Also I do believe they should have separate balance for all modes, PVE PVP Single player and the like.

Just now, Sharpshot879 said:

I didn’t hear anyone complaining about the titans, link me a thread if I am wrong.

A two second google/youtube search will quickly reveals hundreds if not thousands of results showing how they are completely unbalanced. They are a dumb concept that really shouldn't be in the game.

The Titanosaur was big enough, but now we have flying ones with 2x the health? Where did balance go?

5 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

A two second google/youtube search will quickly reveals hundreds if not thousands of results showing how they are completely unbalanced. They are a dumb concept that really shouldn't be in the game.

The Titanosaur was big enough, but now we have flying ones with 2x the health? Where did balance go?

A quick google search of Are titans op in ark survival evolved yielded me results about the titanosaurs and one about a guy who was worried about them not starving.

14 minutes ago, Sharpshot879 said:

A quick google search of Are titans op in ark survival evolved yielded me results about the titanosaurs and one about a guy who was worried about them not starving.

You are not looking hard enough then. There are plenty of videos on Youtube from very experienced PVP players like myself who have played this game since launch in 2015 that have been saying Titans and MEKs are completely unbalanced and don't fit in the game.

16 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

You are not looking hard enough then. There are plenty of videos on Youtube from very experienced PVP players like myself who have played this game since launch in 2015 that have been saying Titans and MEKs are completely unbalanced and don't fit in the game.

Could I have a link?

Dont forget the nerf the Managarmr received as well. I thought the stamina consumption was outrageous on release as it was.

Now they INCREASED stamina consumption for jumping consecutively. Woo hoo. 2.5k stam and I can travel 1/5 the distance of a rock drake with 2k stam before stopping to rest as is. Not sure why this nerf was necessary.

17 minutes ago, Sharpshot879 said:

Could I have a link?

PvPers in ARK all cry bloody murder when they introduce any aspect into the games that takes away the builders edge, and that is the intention with the introduction of titans and meks(and even the Titanosaur from the base game).  They are supposed to prevent servers from getting too stagnant by making all bases vulnerable to these siege monsters.  But ARK PvPers are lazy and just scream anytime something changes instead of coming up with strategies and adjusting.  They think they should just be entitled to sit invincible once they build a base and place some turrets, after which ammo and food is their only maintenance.  Compare this to a game like rust where they do wipes and force you to constantly store materials to maintain your base structures to keep them from rotting.

The Titans aren't even that bad since anybody can tame them, anybody can ruin a titan tame by attacking it or the tamers, and if transfers were enabled all of the titans, short of the Forest Titan with his 15000 damage throw attack, could easily be dealt with by a few rode wyverns.  Look up a video of what happens when a velonasaur gets on the back of a Desert Titan and try to tell me how the titans are so invincible.

1 hour ago, RipRavage said:

PvPers in ARK all cry bloody murder when they introduce any aspect into the games that takes away the builders edge, and that is the intention with the introduction of titans and meks(and even the Titanosaur from the base game).  They are supposed to prevent servers from getting too stagnant by making all bases vulnerable to these siege monsters.  But ARK PvPers are lazy and just scream anytime something changes instead of coming up with strategies and adjusting.  They think they should just be entitled to sit invincible once they build a base and place some turrets, after which ammo and food is their only maintenance.  Compare this to a game like rust where they do wipes and force you to constantly store materials to maintain your base structures to keep them from rotting.

The Titans aren't even that bad since anybody can tame them, anybody can ruin a titan tame by attacking it or the tamers, and if transfers were enabled all of the titans, short of the Forest Titan with his 15000 damage throw attack, could easily be dealt with by a few rode wyverns.  Look up a video of what happens when a velonasaur gets on the back of a Desert Titan and try to tell me how the titans are so invincible.

The word balance is obviously not in your vocabulary. How is it fair that a player can tame a 500k flying dino that can bite Tek walls and metal. It is already hard enough as it is to defend a base especially when you are not online. These new Titan things just dumb down the game so even some noobs can just tame one and then be capable of wiping well established bases with little thought or strategy.

This silly stuff wasn't needed in the game. I understand that kids and teenagers loving really big cool looking things and since they already had added the Titanosaur to keep that wow effect they had to go bigger and more extreme but it really wasn't needed. The same is true for the Snow Owl. What is the point of the Troodon now? They both do the same thing but one flies, has way better stats, more utility and can be ridden. Another case of poor balancing.

14 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

The word balance is obviously not in your vocabulary. How is it fair that a player can tame a 500k flying dino that can bite Tek walls and metal. It is already hard enough as it is to defend a base especially when you are not online. These new Titan things just dumb down the game so even some noobs can just tame one and then be capable of wiping well established bases with little though or strategy.

This silly stuff wasn't needed in the game. I understand that kids and teenagers loving really big cool looking things and since they already had added the Titanosaur to keep that wow effect they had to go bigger and more extreme but it really wasn't needed. The same is true for the Snow Owl. What is the point of the Troodon now? They both do the same thing but one flies, has way better stats, more utility and can be ridden. Another case of poor balancing.

And anybody can stop said people from taming those Titans by attacking them or the titan as they are doing it.  And can titans transfer off extinction, because I know titanosaurus cant be transferred off the island, so if that is the case you can just not play extinction if you don't want to deal with the new mechanic.  

19 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

And anybody can stop said people from taming those Titans by attacking them or the titan as they are doing it.  And can titans transfer off extinction, because I know titanosaurus cant be transferred off the island, so if that is the case you can just not play extinction if you don't want to deal with the new mechanic.  

The thing has 500k hit points. It's not easy to kill also you can transfer Titans. It's just a dumb concept all round. The game should be promoting smart gameplay where players have to think rather then just taming some giant dinosaur for the instant win. Give players more siege weapons instead of stuff like this.

Just now, ForzaProiettile said:

The thing has 500k hit points. It's not easy to kill also you can transfer Titans. It's just a dumb concept all round. The game should be promoting smart gameplay where players have to think rather then just taming some giant dinosaur for the instant win. Give players more siege weapons instead of stuff like this.

They did give more siege weapons, its called the meks and their attachments, and everybody complained about that too.  And as far as the titan trasfer, I just looked it up and they only have a lifespan of 1 hour after transfer, so all you have to do is hold them off for that time period.

4 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

They did give more siege weapons, its called the meks and their attachments, and everybody complained about that too.  And as far as the titan trasfer, I just looked it up and they only have a lifespan of 1 hour after transfer, so all you have to do is hold them off for that time period.

You can an awful lot in one hour with a monstrosity like the Titan. That is more then enough time to level several bases.

Also the complaints about the MEK cannon related to its very long range, high damage, high accuracy and relatively cheap cost to make.

Just now, ForzaProiettile said:

You can an awful lot in one hour with a monstrosity like the Titan. That is more then enough time to level several bases.

And  I'm pretty sure somebody that is going to tame a titan and transfer to another server, for only one hour, to wipe people isn't going to be a noob, its probably going to be a large tribe on the server that is trying to displace the Mega Tribe on the server.

1 minute ago, RipRavage said:

And  I'm pretty sure somebody that is going to tame a titan and transfer to another server, for only one hour, to wipe people isn't going to be a noob, its probably going to be a large tribe on the server that is trying to displace the Mega Tribe on the server.

Correct in most cases. How does that change the equation though? It's still going to wipe a lot of stuff very easily in that 1 hour time period.

10 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Correct in most cases. How does that change the equation though? It's still going to wipe a lot of stuff very easily in that 1 hour time period.

Meaning the main people that are going to be targeted are going to be large tribes.  It gives you incentive to keeping your base small and hidden, which Extinction also made easier since you can easily store tames with the cryofridge.  If you want complete domination of a server you need to pay the price for that which is constantly having somebody watching for these things, just like you would for a titanosaurus.  Nobody is going to waste their time taming a titan, healing it to full health(Which you might not do within its heal time period) and then transfer it to wipe small or medium tribe.  Mega Tribes should have to deal with these things, thats the price they need to pay for holding major areas like obelisks.

Just now, RipRavage said:

Meaning the main people that are going to be targeted are going to be large tribes.  It gives you incentive to keeping your base small and hidden, which Extinction also made easier since you can easily store tames with the cryofridge.  If you want complete domination of a server you need to pay the price for that which is constantly having somebody watching for these things, just like you would for a titanosaurus.  Nobody is going to waste their time taming a titan, healing it to full health(Which you might not do within its heal time period) and then transfer it to wipe small or medium tribe.  Mega Tribes should have to deal with these things, thats the price they need to pay for holding major areas like obelisks.

I've seen plenty of videos of tribes using them mostly on small-medium bases on extinction servers. Also its actually quite common for mega tribes to wipe servers that consist mostly of small to medium tribes. Mega tribes tend not to like fighting other mega tribes if they can avoid it. Small and medium tribes offer a quick eco boost that can replenish your vaults with a lot less effort.

Most of the time you don't need that many players just some good enough dinos. I was on a raid a while back where a bunch of us levelled a server that had no real alpha tribe. We were using Brontos and 2 Gigas.  With the Titan it would be possible for even less players with less dinos to achieve the same result.

13 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

I've seen plenty of videos of tribes using them mostly on small-medium bases on extinction servers. Also its actually quite common for mega tribes to wipe servers that consist mostly of small to medium tribes. Mega tribes tend not to like fighting other mega tribes if they can avoid it. Small and medium tribes offer a quick eco boost that can replenish your vaults with a lot less effort.

Most of the time you don't need that many players just some good enough dinos. I was on a raid a while back where a bunch of us levelled a server that had no real alpha tribe. We were using Brontos and 2 Gigas.  With the Titan it would be possible for even less players with less dinos to achieve the same result.

And now everybody is at risk of having somebody level them, alphas included, so it is an even playing field.

Gacha's were honestly OP - I was able to get a full set of Asc Riot Gear day one from wild Gachas, and an asc crossbow (All equipment had their respective stats maxed out). As it stands now, you'll need to breed, and get a high crafting skill mutation to get free, maxed-out gear again, AND spend a good amount of whatever resource dump you have (I just use metal0. They are STILL very good at pumping out their primary resource though - free pearls, crystal, polymer, things that are a pain in the ass to get, they pump out almost by the stack.

Owls were easily outclassing the Daedon - Sure, there's the active vs passive portion, but whereas a Daedon will consume tens of thousands of food quickly to heal for a moderate amount, even an Owl tamed at lvl 7 could top off raiding rexes with ease, as long as you pumped up its stamina. Do note that they only received nerfs to their healing, and not to their CC potential, damage, ect.

I dont get the managarmr nerfs though. While they are more easily available then Rock Drakes, they AREN'T that much faster then Rock Drakes.

Titans... I'm meh on Titan's as a whole. A single-map gimmick that just creates huge balancing problems. At LEAST they are limited only to Extinction.

Meks can't be lvld and HAVE to be ridden, so there is a form of balance there.

Enforcers are allright and haven't really recieved any changes since release. Same with Gas Bags.

2 hours ago, Frogspoison said:

Gacha's were honestly OP - I was able to get a full set of Asc Riot Gear day one from wild Gachas, and an asc crossbow (All equipment had their respective stats maxed out). As it stands now, you'll need to breed, and get a high crafting skill mutation to get free, maxed-out gear again, AND spend a good amount of whatever resource dump you have (I just use metal0. They are STILL very good at pumping out their primary resource though - free pearls, crystal, polymer, things that are a pain in the ass to get, they pump out almost by the stack.

Owls were easily outclassing the Daedon - Sure, there's the active vs passive portion, but whereas a Daedon will consume tens of thousands of food quickly to heal for a moderate amount, even an Owl tamed at lvl 7 could top off raiding rexes with ease, as long as you pumped up its stamina. Do note that they only received nerfs to their healing, and not to their CC potential, damage, ect.

I dont get the managarmr nerfs though. While they are more easily available then Rock Drakes, they AREN'T that much faster then Rock Drakes.

Titans... I'm meh on Titan's as a whole. A single-map gimmick that just creates huge balancing problems. At LEAST they are limited only to Extinction.

Meks can't be lvld and HAVE to be ridden, so there is a form of balance there.

Enforcers are allright and haven't really recieved any changes since release. Same with Gas Bags.

Everyone else was also able to get good loot. Defeats “OP” if everyone can do it. Almost a level playing field. Especially with the lack of standard supply drops. 

Archived