Loving Extinction - yes you read that correctly!

Anarki

I dont usually do these posts but I am getting so frustrated with the negativity surrounding extinction and wanted to see if I am only one out there loving this DLC?

I love the corrupted and having to be constantly on my toes and on the look out. I love the fact the Crypods allow for lower tames around the base and allow me to breed again on my center server.

I love the fact that everybody has started working together on some servers to survive.

I love the fact that the game feels new and fresh and that I dont know everything about the game mechanics.

I am honestly just loving the Extinction DLC - even with the bugs.

You?

It is quite refreshing in a lot of ways. I am a little disappointed with the map design, which is odd because it's pretty epic, can't quite put my finger on why I don't like it... And I'm also disappointed with the MEK, but apart from those two things literally everything else is amazing. Especially the five native creatures, they really outdid themselves on these. ❤️ Managarmr and Velonasaur are amazing. Absolutely amazing. 

I’ve been having a wonderful time on Extinction. I absolutely love the new creatures - all of them have something great to offer. I can’t even choose a favorite.

And I love the environment and the new challenges. The Sanctuary dome is my favorite...I just love the remains of the city.

Not to mention the new challenges. I’m still trying to get ready to try my luck at an OBS. The plan is to tackle it the same way I do all challenges...with a flock of dimorphodons. Then I need a passive tank and one of my velonosaurs. I love that there are things that are going to challenge me in ways no other map has.

My only - only - notable critique is that I’m disappointed that there is no wyvern trench. But besides that I love it all.

28 minutes ago, LadyCrescent said:

I’ve been having a wonderful time on Extinction. I absolutely love the new creatures - all of them have something great to offer. I can’t even choose a favorite.

And I love the environment and the new challenges. The Sanctuary dome is my favorite...I just love the remains of the city.

Not to mention the new challenges. I’m still trying to get ready to try my luck at an OBS. The plan is to tackle it the same way I do all challenges...with a flock of dimorphodons. Then I need a passive tank and one of my velonosaurs. I love that there are things that are going to challenge me in ways no other map has.

My only - only - notable critique is that I’m disappointed that there is no wyvern trench. But besides that I love it all.

Yeah, the absence of a trench is a little bit of a bummer... Though I keep hearing rumors that Wyvern and Rock Drake eggs ought to be spawning on Extinction somewhere, or are spawning but are invisible...?

Nah your not the only person enjoying the DLC. I have been having an absolute blast on Extinction since its release, only problem is I played it all day yesterday on my day off and burnt out a little bit, so need to take a wee break haha. JWE it is lol. Dont think I have had many problems. Only really got a few complaints and concerns but thats for other threads.

Love the wastelands and the corrupted creatures, everything just wants to murder you out there. With the prospect of running into stuff like corupted gigas it keeps the fear alive. Having fun just exploring the wastelands with a theri team shredding everything. Cant wait to try and defend some OSDs. And when the dinos arent trying to murder you the environment has a go. Love the meteor showers, got caught in one yesterday, while it was really worrying it made for some fantastic viewing lol.

Love all the new creatures. While they are few in number they are wonderful additions.

The addition of the pokeballs is an absolute god send, such a good increase to the quality of life for the game, from dino storage to easy transportation of tames.

Still trying to work out how there are rock drakes and reapers on Earth mind you. With my not so good understanding of the lore I thought they were restricted to Aberration, but I am not really complaing about it lol.

Also +1 OP for positivity ! Nice to see lol.

1 hour ago, CyanicEmber said:

Yeah, the absence of a trench is a little bit of a bummer... Though I keep hearing rumors that Wyvern and Rock Drake eggs ought to be spawning on Extinction somewhere, or are spawning but are invisible...?

It was my understanding was that this was a problem with the other maps where the creatures do spawn, brought about by the new DLC. Take ragnarok for example, the eggs are apparantly spawning but are invisible. At least thats how I understood the issue.

Same. The new creatures are all something fresh and new, and while the map is slightly disappointing, (It's epic, but the snow and desert biomes feel like they could have been a little more interesting, and instead they feel extremely similar the last two times each was implemented in a map) and the Meks could certainly be more, it has to be the best dlc, let alone the best decision Wildcard has made in a long time. The tek Enforcer ans Scout are fun new toys that are extremely helpful and the supply drops actually had me using both regular battle dinos as well as creatures such as the dilo and para, either of which, even after the TLC that updated the Para, I legit don't bother taming most of the time otherwise. And wow, it's that good that I made this comment 10x longer than what I originally intended.

18 hours ago, Anarki said:

I dont usually do these posts but I am getting so frustrated with the negativity surrounding extinction and wanted to see if I am only one out there loving this DLC?

I love the corrupted and having to be constantly on my toes and on the look out. I love the fact the Crypods allow for lower tames around the base and allow me to breed again on my center server.

I love the fact that everybody has started working together on some servers to survive.

I love the fact that the game feels new and fresh and that I dont know everything about the game mechanics.

I am honestly just loving the Extinction DLC - even with the bugs.

You?

Loving the DLC itself.... yes, very much, but i can't play it for longer than 20 mins with a 15 min rollback.. so what is the fun in doing 15 mins of recovering and 5 advancing

Honestly I love this doc I have loved all of the dlc but this is my favorite one I love all the new creatures and the map is beautiful but like everyone else I really wish that I could get the eggs of wyverns and/or rockdrakes maybe in the place where all the corrupted wyverns on rock Drake's are that could add a cool dynamic of like needing to uncorrupt the eggs or something I just think that since we know that rock drakes and wyverns exist on the map they should be able to reproduce on the map since we keep killing them they need to repopulate somehow I know this is a little whiny but I love the wyverns so much 

This DLC is great, but at first the MEK and the enforcer let me down. I still think enforcers are too weak, but I recently built a lv 164 journeyman mek... I took it out to fight a corrupted giga... I destroyed it. I then proceeded to take out 2 more gigas and a couple wyverns. I then took the MEK down to the forest cave and cleared that cave with it(I had to cryopod the mek to get through one tight spot) and summoned the forest titan. I then took off half the forest titans life before it grabbed me out of the cockpit and smashed me on the ground o.0 I then flew back to the titan on a managarmr and got back in my mek which was at around 20% life being stomped by the titan! I finished off the titan, while my managarmr was flying around it the whole time, with like 5% life left on the mek. I used around 240 element to do all of this.  Fun times!

Loving the DLC.  I absolutely fell in love with Aberration, but now I have to wonder if Extinction is going to compete with it.  

Bullet list of AMAZING things I love:

• Ruined apocalyptic landscape (serious props to the artists!)
  • OSDs
  • Cryopods (OMG, where have these things been all this time?!  I love being able to carry tames back home!  Or carry an anky in my pocket for farming!)
  • Element Eruptions
  • The landscape illusion in the red and blue domes -- that illusion that you're in snow covered mountains or an endless desert.  This is really an incredible effect, and doesn't get enough praise.
  • Velonasaurs
  • Snow Owls
  • Gasbags (These guys are fun to pilot, and allow me to go farming without a quetz when combined with cryopods!  And they're ADORABLE.  I need a giant beanbag shaped like one.)
  • Gatcha (More of an honorable mention; me and my friends can finally get gear, unlike beacon issues on the other maps that we've had)
  • Environmental threats, like meteors
  • Probably a bunch more that I'm forgetting.

I absolutely adore Extinction, but I'm also behind on the majority of the complaints. I do think they released a product that could've been much more polished and I'm really disappointed with how certain bugs managed to slip through the cracks but I enjoy the map, the new tames, and quality-of-life improving items. 

Cryo, the native dinos and the city are great indeed. I though elements would be more accessible, lamp is unnessary tidious. 

Still, I liked Aberration better. The map is sooo pretty. And the progression is much more pronounced. We had to have a PvP map after the awesome PvE of Aberration, I get it. Still, I miss the 4 layer map.

10 hours ago, TrojanV said:

Gotta love the Third official server crash in 30 minutes...  with rollbacks... it's GR8!

Yes, that is my current issue with it. As I originally posted, I have loved the challenge of Extinction including the - no transfer onto the server as it feels so fresh and much more of a challenge. I didnt even bring over a full level char and started from a fresh. Didnt take long to get to 70 and enjoying the grind again.

However, I have lost a few things to server rollbacks and the instability of it makes me think twice about going too far for long periods of time.

Gacha's - totally OP but loving the roulette game ;)

Archived