Sign in to follow this  
Viperscopic

Please consider?

I have noticed that on AB you get pets with light to help survive the darkest creatures like reapers and nameless etc...

But why has Extinction been released with Corrupted dinos with no counter? LV300+ wyverns shredding bases whilst offline.... and impossible to kill whilst your online too and the weapons 'used to fail anyway' came from a Gacha you nerfed making life IMPOSSIBLE.

Need a plant that emits a defence area against corrupted dino's or add new ammunition type by mixing bullets with Element Dust or something that maximises damage vs. corrupted creatures.

What yal think?

Edited by Viperscopic

39 minutes ago, Balteraxe said:

Its a bit late for that, dont you think?

Servers cannot even be maintained.

Weapons or ammo are no use if you cannot get on.

I get that there have been rollbacks (a lot) but you can still get on and play surely?

What I am now doing is 15 mins before I intend logging off, I just stay in base so if there is a rollback after l log off - the worse thing that can happen to me is be in my base rather than out on a flier in the wasteland. Server saves every 15 mins on official so that is my current way around the rollback issues - especially after I have gone offline.

As to corrupted, there are many posts on this and many people with good ideas - try and implement some.

15 minutes ago, Anarki said:

I get that there have been rollbacks (a lot) but you can still get on and play surely?

What I am now doing is 15 mins before I intend logging off, I just stay in base so if there is a rollback after l log off - the worse thing that can happen to me is be in my base rather than out on a flier in the wasteland. Server saves every 15 mins on official so that is my current way around the rollback issues - especially after I have gone offline.

As to corrupted, there are many posts on this and many people with good ideas - try and implement some.

Seems like a strange way to play a game, innit?

5 hours ago, Viperscopic said:

I have noticed that on AB you get pets with light to help survive the darkest creatures like reapers and nameless etc...

But why has Extinction been released with Corrupted dinos with no counter? LV300+ wyverns shredding bases whilst offline.... and impossible to kill whilst your online too and the weapons 'used to fail anyway' came from a Gacha you nerfed making life IMPOSSIBLE.

Need a plant that emits a defence area against corrupted dino's or add new ammunition type by mixing bullets with Element Dust or something that maximises damage vs. corrupted creatures.

What yal think?

I said this in another post but I'll say it again, Corrupted should take damage when entering the city or the domes, that way kiting of high level corrupted wont be such a major issue since they would be destroyed after idling in those areas for extended amounts of time.  Thats just a general workaround for the scummy nature of most players on official, because as long as they have the ability to exploit and kite they are going to continue to do so.

On a side note I believe the Enforcers might actually do quad damage to corrupted dinos.  So I would introduce a flying variant or stronger version of the scout that spawns in the city and instantly targets corrupted upon their entrance to the city.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2018 at 3:46 AM, RipRavage said:

I said this in another post but I'll say it again, Corrupted should take damage when entering the city or the domes, that way kiting of high level corrupted wont be such a major issue since they would be destroyed after idling in those areas for extended amounts of time.  Thats just a general workaround for the scummy nature of most players on official, because as long as they have the ability to exploit and kite they are going to continue to do so.

On a side note I believe the Enforcers might actually do quad damage to corrupted dinos.  So I would introduce a flying variant or stronger version of the scout that spawns in the city and instantly targets corrupted upon their entrance to the city.

The biggest issue was that people will generally report "they shouldn't take damage while its in city; all other dino should take damage" mostly in PvP, much as I like your idea about the damage. Moreover, the question is "how much damage?", because if it receives too much damage, people can literally just kite it in and let it die, then harvest the carcass, which defeats the whole purpose of the wastelands.

I highly doubt they'll add any new mechanical creature that can deal triple damage against flyers.

1 hour ago, Vaculity said:

The biggest issue was that people will generally report "they shouldn't take damage while its in city; all other dino should take damage" mostly in PvP, much as I like your idea about the damage. Moreover, the question is "how much damage?", because if it receives too much damage, people can literally just kite it in and let it die, then harvest the carcass, which defeats the whole purpose of the wastelands.

I highly doubt they'll add any new mechanical creature that can deal triple damage against flyers.

Of course they aren't going to do anything about the issue, I'm just spouting out ideas that I think would work.  And you could just have the carcasses vanish upon death in the city to deny people that talon and oh so rare corrupted heart the wyvern might not have on it.  I mean they could also just make it like mosas and plesiosaurs in the water where they turn away instantly when they reach a certain depth, just do that with the city.

2 hours ago, Viperscopic said:

The loot crate summoned dino's should dissapear after a defeat - as a victory would mean they are dead anyway. problem solved.

I manage to defend vs. normal wyverns, I killed a lv 100 yesterday that flew in the underground map area. My argument is the LV338+ ones... i cant kill them lol

A properly leveled Velonasaur can utterly shred Wyverns regardless of their level. As long as you're not dealing with like... 3 at once or something. Similar story with a Tek Saddled Tapejara.