Sign in to follow this  
Jackyling

Velosaurus makes the game Boring!!! to OP

You only need one owl to defeat the desert titan too, and it doesn't even have to be on steroids like your velos with 2k melee. You just need time.

I love the velos as they are, leave them alone. It's fun to actually aim and not just spam klickety-klick to kill something. Apparently they are also the only way to defend agains corrupted wyvern being kited.

I haven't even attempted the titans yet (playing solo on a private server so no single-player perks [I do boost my rates to make up for that though] ), but how does the titan not just one shot the velono if the "corrupted part to destroy" on the titan is high up?  The velono projectiles seem to unrender after a distance and the one stream I saw of some WIldcard employees showcasing one of the titans literally killed 20 rexes in one fellow swoop. lol 

30 minutes ago, PlagueDoctor said:

I haven't even attempted the titans yet (playing solo on a private server so no single-player perks [I do boost my rates to make up for that though] ), but how does the titan not just one shot the velono if the "corrupted part to destroy" on the titan is high up?  The velono projectiles seem to unrender after a distance and the one stream I saw of some WIldcard employees showcasing one of the titans literally killed 20 rexes in one fellow swoop. lol 

That´s the Point. Rex or Gigas are noobs beside a Velo...    BM Alpha -->  1 Carbo as tank.. 3 Velos … 10 seconds …  Finish …. It´s to easy!

Sure, you can use other Dinos to have a challenge. But in my Eyes the Velos are much to strong (and not the only way to defend your Base)

Official or otherwise isn't that important, so long as you're comparing apples with apples. That is, comparing dinos on the same server with the same buffs, boosts and rates.

Equip both a level 100 Rex with a max armour saddle and a level 100 Velo with a max armour saddle and the velo will have won the fight before the Rex has finished roaring. One tail-swipe and it's all over. Add to that the ability to sap stamina of wyverns and argies from almost Epic render range without line of sight, and the ability to target specific mobs, turrets, etc. precisely and there's no doubt in my mind that a velo is orders of magnitude more lethal than any other dino. Like taking a machine gun to a softball game.

LOL 2k melee... This is the third time I've read some ridiculous complaint about a dino being OP when they have the most ridiculous unofficial stats... 

I wonder how much stamina and speed that velonasaur has too...

A velonasaur would just be owned by the ICE titan. It's too slow and it doesn't have the stamina unless you jack it like crazy with broken unofficial settings.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree that he could've phrased it better, but not everyone is equally gifted with words.

Unless you're applying boosts to specific dinos, a tame melee buff (for example) applies equally to all tame dinos. So a Rex hitting for 200 becomes a Rex hitting for 400 and a velo hitting for 1000 is now doing 2000. Those are just numbers out of my butt, used for illustration. The boosts just create inflation. When everyone has bigger numbers, no one has bigger numbers. Why would I take a Yuty or Rex onto the field if I had the option of a Velo? With decent melee, fantastic AoE and a powerful ranged attack, the opinion of the folks on my server is that the Velo is an "I win" button.

Sure, OP could just not use that dino, but game developers generally strive to ensure that no one piece of equipment, be it a gun, tactic, vehicle, etc. has an overwhelming advantage. It seems that in the case of the velo, they've created a dino which does have one. It's not a bug in the traditional sense but there isn't a category for "game-breaking balance issues" and I agree that the bugs forum is a reasonable place for such feedback.

• Facepalm 1

Have you actually used the velonasaur to do what the OP is saying? You will see he is completely wrong. The only way you can think of fighting a boss with a velonasaur is if you have ridiculously boosted stamina and melee stats. Once you blow your load on a velonasaur you are just a slow sitting duck waiting for stamina. 

• Thanks 1

I've actually done tests. 19 wild tame velonas + 1 yuti gets shredded on gamma broodmother. (With prim saddles.)

You need bred ones with 5-600% melee and 4k stam with 5-6k hp to do Gamma Brood. 

Titans are an order of magnitude above gamma brood. However, if you can aim, they tame titans insanely easily as corrupt nodes can only take 1 damage per hit, the velonas shoots very fast and just pop the corrupt node with surgical precision and insane speed. Especially forest titan. Frost and desert need some flying skills on a quetz. 

By the way, the right click scale EXTREMELY with melee and opponent's weight class. 

500% is 2-300 per spike on a giga, 50-ish in C shooting, 20 in turret. 

600% is 5-600 per spike on a giga, 5-60 in C shooting, 20 in turrets. 

There is only 20% increase in melee stats, but already 100% damage. Now you say 2k melee? Of course it's gonna shred. 

Edited by Paroxyde