extinction Ovis

darcek

Im raising some Ovis..

Does killing a baby ovis,yields the same amounts of Mutton as slaughtering an adult,or adult with many levels invested in health? Does imprint on Ovis also effects the amount of mutton?

Also on Gestation saw the clock get stuck for long periods..like around few minutes or more..is that normal?

If so how do I know when the baby is to be born?

1 hour ago, invincibleqc said:

I'd say raising them for muttons is a waste of time. Cook a dozen cakes, craft a dozen Cryopod, go to Highland biome on Ragnarok, tame and Cryo a dozen, carry them with a good chainsaw and use them whenever you need to tame something.

Post was tagged as Extinction not Rag.

Also its not only for mutton but for kibble production.

1 minute ago, invincibleqc said:

Moved your thread to the right section for you then. Next time be sure to create your threads where they are relevant to what you want to discuss. ?

I thought about it,but saw that people created post in general and just tagged it with appropriate map..wont happen again.

Thanks for the help.

Still hoping someone have answers to what ive asked.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, darcek said:

Still hoping someone have answers to what ive asked.

@Globy pretty much answered your first question but I can try to elaborate with more details. Basically, the amount of mutton (or any kind of meat) is tied to the "harvest health" of the corpse your are harvesting. A freshly born baby starts with 10% of its base health, meaning that its corpse will only have 10% of its max harvest health. The yielded amount is still randomized, but the harvest health play a major role to the harvested quantity.

5 hours ago, darcek said:

Also on Gestation saw the clock get stuck for long periods..like around few minutes or more..is that normal?

I have no idea what you means by that. As far as I know, the incubating/gestating timers are not networked and are refreshed client-side so it should not stop but if you are not re-rendering them, once the timer reaches 0:00 it might be stopped there for some time depending of the accumulated server-side lags during the gestation.

If so how do I know when the baby is to be born?

If you are playing on officials, you could try the Baby Notifications system.

But yeah, in general, I think raising sheeps for harvesting purpose is a waste of time. Cooking cakes is easy enough on any map, so I see no benefit over taming a bunch.

20 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

This has never worked for me. I only get notifications for eggs hatching, but never for mammals being born.

I was thinking about breeding Ovis on Ext. too, but for mutton taming. Maybe it's worth it if you collect like 5 babies in cryopods and kill them when you need mutton. We found three ovis we killed for tames (didn't have honey or cake at first) and were able to tame one. Everyone is running around looking for them.

Since our stuff was destroyed we have lost the cakes we had, and I was unable to find a beehive for three days.

how do I know when the baby is to be born?

Try relogging, that usually sets the timer straight for me. Worked for me during the last breeding event. Timer wouldn't update when the rates were increased, after relogging they were correct.

34 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

@Globy pretty much answered your first question but I can try to elaborate with more details. Basically, the amount of mutton (or any kind of meat) is tied to the "harvest health" of the corpse your are harvesting. A freshly born baby starts with 10% of its base health, meaning that its corpse will only have 10% of its max harvest health. The yielded amount is still randomized, but the harvest health play a major role to the harvested quantity.

I have no idea what you means by that. As far as I know, the incubating/gestating timers are not networked and are refreshed client-side so it should not stop but if you are not re-rendering them, once the timer reaches 0:00 it might be stopped there for some time depending of the accumulated server-side lags during the gestation.

But yeah, in general, I think raising sheeps for harvesting purpose is a waste of time. Cooking cakes is easy enough on any map, so I see no benefit over taming a bunch.

Try to find them on official pve extinction server.

Archived