The Wyvern Problem

TheSeay

Hey everyone, so it seems we’re all having problems with wyverns and a few other top of the food chain predators at the moment. I have lost a few tames to these monsters but I don’t want to see them dissapear after a drop to be honest. They’re pretty fun if you can organize to take them down. Honestly I would like to see the city, underground forest, and the domes to be made a safe haven from them where they can’t enter. Let these roam the wastelands. HOWEVER, give us a weapon to take them down easier, maybe once the drop disappears they get a debuff, or, add another form of ammo for corrupted creatures. Maybe a modifier for tek saddles to shoot increased damage to corrupted dinos. Say, a tapajera with a tek saddle shooting this type of super ammo. Now the bobs and bases are safe from these beasts and it’s now a little easier to drop the leftover critters.

I’m asking anyone who’s found a way to fight these things for the time being to post their solution here. My server has not attempted this yet but we were thinking of dino turrets standing on a quetzal platform.

(PS4 PVE) My server on ps4 went through 2 days of hell last week when everyone was still getting set up. Half the tribes got wiped by 300+ wyverns in the city and sunken forest. 

Then we all got together in global chat and formed a wyvern response group. Every single tribe in my server immediately responds to wyvern sightings and kills them. It's literally a "drop what you're doing, and go" system that's been amazing.

Honestly, it's the most fun on ark that I have had in awhile. A group of 20+ Manas flying and running through the city and wasteland together towards a wyvern. All of us blasting beams into the air. just fills you with a sense of unity and excitement lol.

9 minutes ago, WolfBrink said:

(PS4 PVE) My server on ps4 went through 2 days of hell last week when everyone was still getting set up. Half the tribes got wiped by 300+ wyverns in the city and sunken forest. 

Then we all got together in global chat and formed a wyvern response group. Every single tribe in my server immediately responds to wyvern sightings and kills them. It's literally a "drop what you're doing, and go" system that's been amazing.

Honestly, it's the most fun on ark that I have had in awhile. A group of 20+ Manas flying and running through the city and wasteland together towards a wyvern. All of us blasting beams into the air. just fills you with a sense of unity and excitement lol.

Now you are tempting me to get bundles of managarmr and use them as anti wyverns army. Lol

3 hours ago, ScubaJohn said:

I think it is great.  Brings a PVP feel to PVE.  I have been wiped once and it was frustrating.  But this is the last map.  Dont make it easy.  Easy is at the island.  Killed 4 yesterday on our server using Managarmr and Velonasaur

Yea its like PVP lite for those who aren't cut for the real thing. Fantastic concept.

Archived