Lightning Wyvern can Solo kill Desert Titan

RipRavage

On 4/14/2019 at 1:44 AM, Freespirit said:

@RipRavage great video. In fact, you are the only guy posting actually "easy" Titan kill vids. And yeah, I will try with my Wyvern now. I've acknowledged you on your vid page too. Thanks.

I have tried with the following:
1. Managarmr - closest to what people everywhere called "Legit" & what I call boring. It takes ages to dwindle the health of the Titans & really its all about camping & shooting ice breath, a dash attack here & there, then evading titan's attack. Its easy & mindless but tedious & boring.
2. Tek Tapejara - 189 dmg with Tek plasma against Desert Titan's 250k health. And the flock loves to dismount me. Challenging but possible. Again, long if not boring
3. Quetz with Turrets on Platform - Auto turret do a good bit of dmg & flock dismount doesn't bother me on a Quetz. Decent way
4. Quetz with Velo - Their turret mode doesnt work on quetz platform
5. Quetz with Giga - Have to constantly adjust heighjt & direction to avoid going inside hitbox
6. Shotgun - I know Philinger did his solo fight legit with a 700% shotgun. BUT BUT, then, you COULD get 700% shottie from Mastercraft/Ascendant gacha crystals. Now, those are nerfed to Apprentice only. I have a 384% Shotgun. Will try with that.
7. Giga/Rex Army - Forest Titan. Intresting to see how many die since Forest dude deals a lot of dmg.
8. Wyverns - the best way. My 290 Lightning Wyvern should make this real easy.

Thanks, I really appreciate the vote of confidence on my videos.  I just make these things to try to help out other solo or single player people, but unfortunately I get a lotta crap since I usually perform them in single player.  I always try to make the difficulty as close as possible to the actual server difficulty with the difficulty sliders and settings, but extinction auto balances everything without checking single player setting.  I still think they Wyvern method holds up regardless of where you perform it.

On Wednesday, May 08, 2019 at 2:01 PM, RipRavage said:

Thanks, I really appreciate the vote of confidence on my videos.  I just make these things to try to help out other solo or single player people, but unfortunately I get a lotta crap since I usually perform them in single player.  I always try to make the difficulty as close as possible to the actual server difficulty with the difficulty sliders and settings, but extinction auto balances everything without checking single player setting.  I still think they Wyvern method holds up regardless of where you perform it.

Your video (well.. post about it) inspired me to get my first desert titan kill, now 12 deep and almost a full set of tek armour blueprints from it.

People will always hate. The unofficial / SP crowd is bigger but less vocal. Keep up the good work

Edit: If someone is scared about getting dismounted a lot or is scared a few tips with this wyvern method: 

- I found using the lightning beam was more consistant (and fun) but to each their own. 

- Tek Boots and or Glide suit AND parachutes. Life saver. If you can get tek boots .. a lot easier. If not, glide suit plus a few emerg parachutes.

- One time I brought a flock of argies and a hp quetz to attack the titan while I was on my wyvern; worked well. Kept the flock off me 50% of the time. Just boost HP on them - theyre basically decoys while doing small damage (had 600% dmg, 12k hp argies they lasted 3/4 of the fight2k

- Dont do what I did.. I figured id build a big tower high up with velos on it to shoot titan. The velos lasted all of 5 seconds and the lightning instantly targetted me before I even loaded in from the teleport. Chaos.

14 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Your video (well.. post about it) inspired me to get my first desert titan kill, now 12 deep and almost a full set of tek armour blueprints from it.

People will always hate. The unofficial / SP crowd is bigger but less vocal. Keep up the good work

Edit: If someone is scared about getting dismounted a lot or is scared a few tips with this wyvern method: 

- I found using the lightning beam was more consistant (and fun) but to each their own. 

- Tek Boots and or Glide suit AND parachutes. Life saver. If you can get tek boots .. a lot easier. If not, glide suit plus a few emerg parachutes.

- One time I brought a flock of argies and a hp quetz to attack the titan while I was on my wyvern; worked well. Kept the flock off me 50% of the time. Just boost HP on them - theyre basically decoys while doing small damage (had 600% dmg, 12k hp argies they lasted 3/4 of the fight2k

- Dont do what I did.. I figured id build a big tower high up with velos on it to shoot titan. The velos lasted all of 5 seconds and the lightning instantly targetted me before I even loaded in from the teleport. Chaos.

Thanks, I really appreciate it.

Just as a reference, this is a desert titan solo kill I did back in march in official pve servers.

If you see where I place to shoot, I've noticed being there the flock targets you less, and you have good routes to escape in case you are.

I was wearing tek and with the wyvern passive and on follow to me in case I got dismounted, that I wasnt.

5 hours ago, d1nk said:

Duuuuuuuude dink.  After many many red drops, I combed through and picked out the best 5 blueprints for tek gear.  I qualified "best" as most effective material-to-armor/durability requirements, because some of the BPs are inSANE with mat-cost (see: an Ascendant Tek Sword @ 25000 ingots).  Got the ol' tribe-crafter to make em, and I have every piece at 700 or more dura, and a total of 2300 armor.  And I can fly like superman.

Tek Armor with good bonuses is friggin' amazing.

BUT:  @RipRavage, this is gonna sound so dumb...  But what we (tribemate and I) have done 2 times is flap-flap a Quetzal up there with me on an imprinted Giga on the back.  Eat it, it goes down quick and 9 times out of 10, the Giga-chomping-action is enough to kill the flocks before they can dismount you.  It is so derpy.  But it is so effective.

Desert Titan?  No problem.  Forest Titan?  For Raptor Jesus' sake, leave the damn Gigas at your base.  He will kill all of them.  All of them.

3 hours ago, TheDonn said:

Duuuuuuuude dink.  After many many red drops, I combed through and picked out the best 5 blueprints for tek gear.  I qualified "best" as most effective material-to-armor/durability requirements, because some of the BPs are inSANE with mat-cost (see: an Ascendant Tek Sword @ 25000 ingots).  Got the ol' tribe-crafter to make em, and I have every piece at 700 or more dura, and a total of 2300 armor.  And I can fly like superman.

BUT:  @RipRavage, this is gonna sound so dumb...  But what we (tribemate and I) have done 2 times is flap-flap a Quetzal up there with me on an imprinted Giga on the back.  Eat it, it goes down quick and 9 times out of 10, the Giga-chomping-action is enough to kill the flocks before they can dismount you.  It is so derpy.  But it is so effective.

Desert Titan?  No problem.  Forest Titan?  For Raptor Jesus' sake, leave the damn Gigas at your base.  He will kill all of them.  All of them.

Hahah yeah weve got an asc tek sword, 30k ingots, 7k poly 1500 element to make XD 

10 hours ago, TheDonn said:

That sounds like a pretty interesting method and I would really like to see that.  My method is just about solo fighting the titan and for your method you would need a quetz rider and a Giga rider.  If i tried that one solo I'd lose the giga for sure with him sliding off the back.  I am always excited to see new methods of using the giga though.  That was my favorite part of extinction, that it gave the giga some actual uses like the extinction caves and orbital beacons.

2 hours ago, RipRavage said:

That sounds like a pretty interesting method and I would really like to see that.  My method is just about solo fighting the titan and for your method you would need a quetz rider and a Giga rider.  If i tried that one solo I'd lose the giga for sure with him sliding off the back.  I am always excited to see new methods of using the giga though.  That was my favorite part of extinction, that it gave the giga some actual uses like the extinction caves and orbital beacons.

Possibly for solo-killing, if you tied the giga down with weight?  If you encumbered it, it might stay in place and you could just fly the Quetz.  It might work?

• 3 weeks later...

You guys are over complicating things. A good Mek and you're set. I've killed all three titans using a Mek on official servers  while solo.

Not really. 3 of us riding gigas on official servers can easily kill both forest and ice titans. An allied tribe killed them with two. (note: These were 425% base dmg gigas with full imprint and 124 armor saddles)

On 5/11/2019 at 4:33 AM, arkark said:

Just as a reference, this is a desert titan solo kill I did back in march in official pve servers.

If you see where I place to shoot, I've noticed being there the flock targets you less, and you have good routes to escape in case you are.

I was wearing tek and with the wyvern passive and on follow to me in case I got dismounted, that I wasnt.

This is crazy. Slow but crazy. Does the Wyvern not take lightning damage?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 11/23/2018 at 8:44 AM, Globy said:

Even when transfer will be enable, you won't be able to transfer Wyvern, but only dino that already live in extinction (like in aberration, you can't transfer a wyvern).

Sorry but your video is just pointless...

yh kind of how useless your comment turned out to be LUL also wrong because guess what evryone riding on extinction a year later ? lol

• 2 months later...

Archived