Griffin Taming time

EzQU2

7 hours ago, ZePhurnace said:

I was excited about the griffin, then the taming times came out and all hype went down the drain. Really annoyed... hopefully they change it to a standard taming time otherwise I won’t even bother taming one.

They ruined Griffin, to earn their respect you need to be lvl85 + and to tame you have to wait 2 hours +

• 3 weeks later...

There are  a lot of variables in this so I can't speak authoritatively, but it took less than 2 hours with each of mine, and all I used was Allo kibbles (before the super kibbles came out) and a soothing balm. Even then it was probably the slowest tame I've ever seen. Ugh!

I suspect it is soothing balm that makes the difference. At only 15 amber anyone should be able, if they take the time, to keep a few on hand. Personally, unless I have no choice, I never tame without one. :)

- Rakkasan

17 hours ago, Rakkasan said:

There are  a lot of variables in this so I can't speak authoritatively, but it took less than 2 hours with each of mine, and all I used was Allo kibbles (before the super kibbles came out) and a soothing balm. Even then it was probably the slowest tame I've ever seen. Ugh!

I suspect it is soothing balm that makes the difference. At only 15 amber anyone should be able, if they take the time, to keep a few on hand. Personally, unless I have no choice, I never tame without one. :)

- Rakkasan

Now there's Griffin Kibble

On 12/14/2018 at 4:55 PM, Rakkasan said:

Yeah. Going to try that one day, but for now I have 3 and am happy enough. Plus I don't have room enough for more Griffins, especially with the Equus coming out next week!!

Yup, now watch em’ ruin the bloody Equus too. I commented something similar on Kamz 25 vid on the Equus, about how they are giong to ruin it, and it is the most liked comment on the vid so far. First they ruin the Griffin with the new taming and breeding mechanics, and new kibble, now lets see how War Drum finds some brilliant way to ruin the Equus. 

Sorry this is a bit off topic btw.

Taming Griffons though long is doable with Balm and Allo Kibble or Griff Kibble... once you tame your second opposite gender one you will learn that you need to tame another with same last 2 letter of name to be able to breed them...

and then it really becomes ridiculous...

from fertilization to fully grown baby griff will take up 40+ days of your time and if the baby dies or just disappears its gonna cost you a fortune in amber to resurrect it...

You say end game tame... more like not worth the effort... if Griffon is in the same "end game" category as Tuso or Giga shouldn't the breeding times and resurrect costs also be similar?

Oh and for Equus I suspect we all need to start practicing our roping skills we'll probably gonna need a lasso to catch it and "passive tame" it while it kicks you in the head... lol can't wait to tame it.

Finally, the respect mechanic for taming and riding griff... frustrating yes,  but I like the idea with servers reaching tame cap... I would not mind that mechanic expanding that to other mid to end game dino types... Way too many new very low-level players been given mid- & endgame dinos

8 hours ago, Cyberknight said:

Taming Griffons though long is doable with Balm and Allo Kibble or Griff Kibble... once you tame your second opposite gender one you will learn that you need to tame another with same last 2 letter of name to be able to breed them...

and then it really becomes ridiculous...

from fertilization to fully grown baby griff will take up 40+ days of your time and if the baby dies or just disappears its gonna cost you a fortune in amber to resurrect it...

You say end game tame... more like not worth the effort... if Griffon is in the same "end game" category as Tuso or Giga shouldn't the breeding times and resurrect costs also be similar?

Oh and for Equus I suspect we all need to start practicing our roping skills we'll probably gonna need a lasso to catch it and "passive tame" it while it kicks you in the head... lol can't wait to tame it.

Finally, the respect mechanic for taming and riding griff... frustrating yes,  but I like the idea with servers reaching tame cap... I would not mind that mechanic expanding that to other mid to end game dino types... Way too many new very low-level players been given mid- & endgame dinos

Bloody Nora, I had no clue that you needed two griffins of the same “clan” to breed them, and 40 DAYS TO MATURE!?!? What the hell is War Drum DOING?! Thank you so much Wild Card for leaving us less fortunate gamers who can’t afford beastly PC’s at the hands of these idiots. 

And I’m betting that your idea for the new Equus taming mechanic will be way better than whatever these useless developers have in store for us.

And lastly, the respect feature is my least hated feature of the Griffin TBH. Yes, it makes it a REALLY late games tame especially for people like me who play on hard (0.5 XP Gain) but it kinda makes sense in a way. Griffins don’t require a saddle, so this feature sort of makes up for the lack of a saddle. For example, if you’re a level 30, you can tame a rex with 90% or more taming effectiveness, its quite doable. But then you can’t ride it, coz you don’t have the saddle unlocked. BUT THAT DOESN’T MEAN I DON’T HATE THE RESPECT FEATURE. Because instead of doing the sensible thing which is to add in a saddle for the damn things, they do the most genius thing: the respect feature. Lets all get a round of applause please.

Now I get what you’re saying about people giving noobs OP mounts early game on Multiplayer, but they’re already doing that, so that is no excuse to do what they did. 4 out of 10 peeps will pick an Argy over a Griffin any day, myself included. 

So War Drum, please listen to you’re already-on-the-way-to-dying community and step up your game please...

Archived