Cyropod and babies.

Grandta

Just dropped a hyaenadon baby out of a cryopod. Its starts maturing right away even with cryosickness but I know see what Olivar means by messes with the timer. Instead of the 10mins of the server imprint timer its bugged out to 8 hours. I guess this isnt an issue on official servers but is annoying for unofficial.

54 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Just dropped a hyaenadon baby out of a cryopod. Its starts maturing right away even with cryosickness but I know see what Olivar means by messes with the timer. Instead of the 10mins of the server imprint timer its bugged out to 8 hours. I guess this isnt an issue on official servers but is annoying for unofficial.

So much for pausing Giga raises, guess we’ll have to endure the 11 min imprint timers until it gets fixed, if ever.

8 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

So much for pausing Giga raises, guess we’ll have to endure the 11 min imprint timers until it gets fixed, if ever.

Yeah it sucks, every 11mins for 6hrs..... Was planning on raising some gigas over 2 to 3 night stints if I ever get the breeding pair. I have high hopes (or should I say expectations) itll be fixed for whenever I get around to taming a male lol

Thing about this is that if you intend to imprint at the dot, you need to plan your RL timing carefully, especially since the imprint timer resets everytime you cryo the baby.

My tribe often cryo the baby after the imprint if they can't get on within the next 8 hour for the next imprint. Sure, it will delay their maturation, but unless you are breeding for stat, missing imprint is sometimes bad.

imprint then freeze if u cant / dont want to do it at silly o clock .. its what i am doing working fine for me 3 gigas almost 100% (was late on one cause i had a longer than expected nap) just popping them out during the day doing 1-2 imprints then refreezing till the next day or when i have time - key thing is that they reset the timer to right after an imprint so freeze asap after one - whether this in working or bugged i dunno .. lol

this is on official too so no mods

26 minutes ago, Duffmek said:

imprint then freeze if u cant / dont want to do it at silly o clock .. its what i am doing working fine for me 3 gigas almost 100% (was late on one cause i had a longer than expected nap) just popping them out during the day doing 1-2 imprints then refreezing till the next day or when i have time - key thing is that they reset the timer to right after an imprint so freeze asap after one - whether this in working or bugged i dunno .. lol

this is on official too so no mods

That's on official, and yep, they are a godsend.

The issue here is that crying a baby on any game type or server sets the imprint timer to 8 hours so it is unaffected by server configure when it clearly should be. Someone said a giga takes 6 hours. So on their settings, any baby that is cryo podded will not get imprint. 

Archived