Can Gachas and Gasbags harvest... anything?

EmberStar

I finally tamed a Gacha, and wanted to see how much (and which kinds) of stuff it could harvest.  And as near as I can tell, it can't actually harvest anything.  It can do damage in a fight, but it doesn't seem to harves thatch, wood, berries, stone, or anything else I've tried.

I've noticed the same issue with gasbags - once they're tamed, they can't even harvest their own berries.

Is this working as intended?  I don't expect either to be "best at" harvesting stuff.  There's other creatures that are more specialized.  But it seems weird that they don't appear to harvest *anything.*

I'm playing Singleplayer, if that somehow makes a difference.

30 minutes ago, EmberStar said:

I finally tamed a Gacha, and wanted to see how much (and which kinds) of stuff it could harvest.  And as near as I can tell, it can't actually harvest anything.  It can do damage in a fight, but it doesn't seem to harves thatch, wood, berries, stone, or anything else I've tried.

I've noticed the same issue with gasbags - once they're tamed, they can't even harvest their own berries.

Is this working as intended?  I don't expect either to be "best at" harvesting stuff.  There's other creatures that are more specialized.  But it seems weird that they don't appear to harvest *anything.*

I'm playing Singleplayer, if that somehow makes a difference.

Gachas can harvest stuff, but you need to enable resource harvesting in the radial wheel first for some reason. They'll be able to harvest stone and wood mostly. I don't think gasbags can, but I may be wrong. 

7 hours ago, Weiss said:

Gachas can harvest stone, flint, wood, thatch, fiber - but fiber seems to only work in certain biomes atm. 

Take the stuff out right after farming, or the gacha will eat it.

Well, for the Gacha I was thinking that's sort of the point.  Walk around and use a "resource" Gacha to harvest random resources, then slowly eat it and turn it into something not native to the map.  (Basically turning berries and thatch into silk or clay or gems or whatever.)  It's as much for my personal "role play" as anything, since it's way more time efficient to just roll up next to one with a doedi and give them a couple of tons of rocks to munch.

Archived