Extinction is a corrupted hell!

FoolishF0X97

I'm on a crossplay extinction server.

the whole city is covered in corrupted wyverns! The Forrest, snow and desert inclueded!! Everyone bases and tames are being wiped clean... the wyverns are ridiculous levels and have came from red drops being accidentally activated ... (that's my guess anyways) gigas roam into the city every day and same with other corrupted Dino's... who else here agrees the orbital drops NEED to be activated by clicking them not just going near them because they are flooding the city and leaving nothing behind them! I had a level 300 wyvern follow me right around the whole map ! I was on a mana and it was exhausted and starving and no matter how far I traveled away from the wyverns it kept its Aggro on me! Eventually my mana gave in and got killed ... every tribe on our server is fighting a never ending battle with wyverns and gigas ... no where is safe! 

This is a big issue. 
I was in city with a low lvl snow owl collecting element dust with a pick, next thing I know I'm being shot at with purple flames from a corrupt wyvern. On my way out of city to get away I seen a regular players base totally destroyed, loot bags from there tames all over the place. Really sad. 
This happened on PVE.

No no no, your suggestion is bad.

The only way to tackle this is the following:

As soon as the player activates a red drop,  a shield is formed where Summoned dinos can not get out. IF the player and his tames die, dinos still cant exit that shield. If the player flees from the drop. The dinos should attack it, after the drop is destroyed. The dinos must DESPAWN. Not POOPING get kited around the map.

A 5 yo idiot can figure that out ^^^...... I am frustrated I am sorry.  BUT common 

By Jen 
11/14/18

Hello Survivors, we'd like to bring you a few updates regarding Extinction.

• We are working on a fix right now for a server crash occurring on PC servers and this should be available relatively soon/in the next few hours. This crash does affect our official network.

11/14  today is 11/21    and nothing........ no fix, people still griefing with corrupted red/purple/ legendary drops... Extencion is a pooooooooop show !

My PVE server wipes them with the cooperation of 5 tribes.  They are great exp, but we are all careful not to activate them once we realized what was happening.

i have been chased by a few of these bastards 2 effective ways to get rid of them ...while on an owl.

1. use building, trees etc that get them stuck to gain distance and lose agro.They are crap at turning, use that to your advantage.

2. climb high enough to do a deep dive and get distance fast and loose agro.

extermination:

1.breed a bird with nothing by hP , i use a 9khp owl. use it as bait and as the wyvern burns it away shotgun the crap out of it.

2. freeze it with a mana and have other dinos/people dps the hell out of it.

This is the most important issue that needs fixing on Extinction. Please, we need to get this topic seen. There's corrupted dinos with ABSURD levels roaming the city. Rexes and spinos I came across were anywhere from 250 to 300, happily wiping anyone built there.. I'm not sure how the devs would go about fixing this. I just wish corrupt dinos would vanish after destroying an orbital drop. This is very, very bad.

3 hours ago, MightyBanana said:

No no no, your suggestion is bad.

The only way to tackle this is the following:

As soon as the player activates a red drop,  a shield is formed where Summoned dinos can not get out. IF the player and his tames die, dinos still cant exit that shield. If the player flees from the drop. The dinos should attack it, after the drop is destroyed. The dinos must DESPAWN. Not POOPING get kited around the map.

A 5 yo idiot can figure that out ^^^...... I am frustrated I am sorry.  BUT common 

By Jen 
11/14/18

Hello Survivors, we'd like to bring you a few updates regarding Extinction.

• We are working on a fix right now for a server crash occurring on PC servers and this should be available relatively soon/in the next few hours. This crash does affect our official network.

11/14  today is 11/21    and nothing........ no fix, people still griefing with corrupted red/purple/ legendary drops... Extencion is a pooooooooop show !

There's is no need to be rude!! >:( 

1 hour ago, johnm81 said:

wow this actually sounds fun and challenging for pvp and pve servers. You know the fight yo survive in this survival game. Wonder if the final map was meant to be this hard due to the absurb power you gain from it alone with ele dust.

It's weird ... we play on crossplay and a lot of the big tribes don't see eye to eye but we have all been forced to work together and defend the city ? 

This is a big issue on 441. We have players intentionally starting OSD's and them kiting wyverns to peoples bases. It happens daily, sometime multiple times daily. The Devs should disable OSD's until a fix can be found to prevent players from greifing others with no fear of repercussions.  When a player activates a OSD it should form a shield that prevents them from leaving until the OSD is defended or the player dies. Then the summoned dinos can destroy the OSD and then they go POOF, so no one can kite them around the map. I don't mind dinos aggroing on me, I do mind them aggroing on my structures rather than me. Its a terrible idea to make the map more challenging. Even SE didn't have these shenanigans. 

I'm actually done with this game! After getting all 3 add ons i have to say i feel we paid a lot for not a lot. Scorched was good, ab was ok in bits but way too hard to get out and extinction is full of Godzilla titans, power ranger mechs and dinos that can wipe your base in seconds no matter what its made of! 3 times we have rebuilt our base now and thats on PvE! It's PvP on a PvE server, literally no need to make corrupted so OP. Servers are just full of idiots kiting corrupted to peoples bases or triggering drops they cant handle and wyverns flying everywhere! I'm done! Rather than fix the existing problems you have just hopped on the money machine and bled people dry with a broken game. Listen to your customers before releasing below average DLC! Even the mod maps on PC are better than most of your DLC

I have a L308 Corrupted Wyvern that is stuck INSIDE of my metal house! It is too big to fit so it has blasted all of my tames around outside, but can't seem to break out of the metal roof.  It might eventually escape, once it destroys the entire building, but DILO! I had several small tames in the house to keep them safe, not so safe when the threat is inside.  I thought the whole idea of being in the city, and building out of metal, was to be safe from this sort of thing!  No chance of body recovery when I likely died in my very protected house many hours ago.  This happened while I was off-line so I am not sure exactly what transpired, but every time I spawn inside I have a few seconds of terror as I am "waking up" before being vaporized as soon as I can move.  When I spawn outside I just see the Wyvern stuck to my house, and it kills me before I can get very close.  I was not even on yesterday, so am sure I didn't call an air drop, but I did see a lot of meteors coming down on the city a few days ago.

I love the city environment, but will be going back to Rag until this mess gets cleaned up.  I'll likely need to start over from scratch again when, or if, I come back.

? 

I've noticed that the northern corrupted forest area spawns corrupted wyverns and gigas fairly often. I had a pair of gigas spawn right next to me even. So it's not just the OSDs although the legendary OSDs can spawn 500+ wyverns if someone clears the first wave...

Really the OSD mobs should always go towards the OSD instead of a player when they get to a certain range. That would be the ideal fix=> if(wyvern.xyz == too poopin far) turn around and attack the damn OSD;

Guest BubbaCrawfish
14 hours ago, BraveDaun said:

I thought the whole idea of being in the city, and building out of metal, was to be safe from this sort of thing!

Safe from meteors, nothing else...

On 11/22/2018 at 11:48 PM, brandonkelly said:

This is a big issue on 441. We have players intentionally starting OSD's and them kiting wyverns to peoples bases. It happens daily, sometime multiple times daily. The Devs should disable OSD's until a fix can be found to prevent players from greifing others with no fear of repercussions.  When a player activates a OSD it should form a shield that prevents them from leaving until the OSD is defended or the player dies. Then the summoned dinos can destroy the OSD and then they go POOF, so no one can kite them around the map. I don't mind dinos aggroing on me, I do mind them aggroing on my structures rather than me. Its a terrible idea to make the map more challenging. Even SE didn't have these shenanigans. 

Luckily we're on a official crossplay server where  everyone knows everybody and has played with them through out the whole servers life. We're kinda one big family :) don't get me wrong though there's a lot of fall outs and horrible people/tribes also haha but majority of the "alpha" tribes work together to deal with the issue. Biggest help tho is VELONOSAURS!! They are sick at destroying corrupted!! Even as little as a pack of 5 destroyed a corrupted lvl 80 giga within a matter of seconds ... definitely reccomend!! They don't even have to be high levels . We now kite the ridiculous leveled corrupted to our base and the velons take care of them within seconds ?‍♀️?

Already had multiple bases of ours destroyed by the lvl 300 wyverns. 2 gachas lvl 80/112 and 2 level 120+ Rex's all killed by meteors while in the sanctuary. Tried sending support tickets but just keep getting auto responses. Feels like next thing they will just ban my account from the site instead of publicly responding and being professional. I played since ark was in game preview but this is ridiculous. I feel scammed. Another 20 bucks wasted on broken dlc.

12 hours ago, YetiStreams said:

Already had multiple bases of ours destroyed by the lvl 300 wyverns. 2 gachas lvl 80/112 and 2 level 120+ Rex's all killed by meteors while in the sanctuary. Tried sending support tickets but just keep getting auto responses. Feels like next thing they will just ban my account from the site instead of publicly responding and being professional. I played since ark was in game preview but this is ridiculous. I feel scammed. Another 20 bucks wasted on broken dlc.

Just tame and build the stuff you want form extinction and transfer it back to your original server :) that's if you've stayed in your cluster. I love all the new Dino's and items they will come in very handy on our island server. Especially the cryopods since we mainly played ark for breeding Dino's to do bosses ?‍♀️

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/21/2018 at 1:15 PM, johnm81 said:

wow this actually sounds fun and challenging for pvp and pve servers. You know the fight yo survive in this survival game. Wonder if the final map was meant to be this hard due to the absurb power you gain from it alone with ele dust.

I think they meant for it to be challenging for sure!  But the problem is, with official network Extinction servers transfer-locked you have to build up your power again.  For some of the ARK playerbase, that is fine because most of our takeaway from rag/center/island/SE/abb was the know-how of faster progression.  But for many that buy tames with ingots or play at a slower pace, starting out from scratch on the new Extinction servers is fairly tough, especially with these god-mode creatures that eat metal as if it is thatch!

My point is, without transfers enabled, it is rough going for most players...  A lot more in-line with the feeling of "fight to survive in this survival game," and at times it is absurdly tipped in favor of the map killing you if someone is carelessly curious about what that purple smoldering thing is that just fell in the Wastelands.

And, element dust on the official servers isn't that great.  On boosted-up unofficials, I'm sure its great for making element but spending some time with a Doed in the city to end up with let's say, 5000, and you can make 5 element, doesn't really put you very far ahead!  At least, on official.  And dust is really only good for enforcers, a single kibble, and scouts beyond being pressed back into actual element so it doesn't really do much for you.

Archived