Extinction: Possible solution to wandering Corrupted

Anarki

5 minutes ago, flamron said:

Offline protection is good on PS4 - corrupted don’t damage. But they will fixate on offline structures so that when the tribe does come online it’s game over. 

So your stuff is safe as long as you don't log in...

Ha ha... ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

It really made me laugh. ?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, ilShadow said:

Trolls Kite, they have been doing it since the Island with Gigas. It is PVE, Corrupted Dinos are the E, Build base defenses Just because you are in PVE doesnt mean you dont need to defend your base. My PVE base has a fantastic double wall with Velonasaurs all over it. If you ask me, corrupted stuff should wander into the city MORE, give those enforcers and defenders something to do. and this is coming from someone who has a straight line to the gate so if 30 rexes wander in im first on the chopping block.

The moment a player kites a wild creature, that creature is no longer following PvE AI. that creature is now classified as a PvP-type enemy, for it is now following a player.... if not for the player, that creature would not be relocated to wherever the kiter is relocating it. Please dont try to justify bad/cruel behavior with an old inexcusable excuse.

6 hours ago, flamron said:

Offline protection is good

I had my water pipes busted today, and numerous metal structures, on Extinction Official PvE. My neighbor who came over to look at  damages with me said that it was likely a Defense Drone. I was online at the time, adding more metal to my garden, so ORP does nothing when I am online. I had my music turned off because Wildcard hasnt fixed the thing causing boss music to play long after a boss has been tamed. I only noticed my neutral creatures were in a different place, and checked tribe log and saw my intake pipe was destroyed (but not by what). I have no idea what did it.

On 12/2/2018 at 12:38 PM, catnip said:

make it so they can't destroy tek and metal

100% this. All creatures, ALL OF THEM on PVE, should not harm metal or Tek, especially in the city and in the sheltered biomes. RIP my lovely garden in a pretty metal box. I have to move underground now, and the person I suspect has kited things to me, has followed me underground. My anxiousness is on high alert, not for dinos, but for players, on PVE!!! This should not be happening, but it is. I just want to build and breed and look at eye candy, and relax... not not this... horrible "high anxiety"  "defend myself" kind of stuff.

Also... Some guy's base before:

MYsUSPS.jpg

And After:

zmdZ3tZ.jpg

It was there one day, a beautiful base, that caught my eye and I took a picture because I love looking at nicely built bases.

But now, pretty much gone, and the moment I saw the eye candy was no longer there, I saw bags everywhere, and I saw Two corrupted Rexes and a Corrupted giga nomming on leftovers, and some box speaker looting all the stuff (they said they were friends, but idk). It was such a pretty base, I take pics of pretty bases, and like to make some too. This should not be happening on PvE... but it is.

Ark devs, please let me build pretty bases, and breed pretty dinos on Extinction without worry of something annihilating my base. You are destroying beautiful player-made creations with these Tek-eating monsters!

The lack of support from staff comes from the fact that this game was designed as PVP,  ok we can understand that. But why did you even add PVE then? ohh because of people who can;t be online 24/7 and you wanted a larger public to sell to? ok fine, then do something for them to stay and play, give great reviews, meet other people, and enjoy the game, let them post beautiful colored dinos on social media and so on. Or simply you just don't care? you got your money right? if that is the case then : well we did not get to enjoy playing for that amount of money! 

Its not the devs who provide the support. Its the moderators. The devs type code and are pretty much told what to do by the management team.

PvE works just fine, but there are bugs, just like with any game - have you seen the state of Fallout76?

Extinction has been out for like a month so give them time to find out the main bugs that people have and I am sure they will remediate to a certain point.

32 minutes ago, Anarki said:

Its not the devs who provide the support. Its the moderators. The devs type code and are pretty much told what to do by the management team.

PvE works just fine, but there are bugs, just like with any game - have you seen the state of Fallout76?

Extinction has been out for like a month so give them time to find out the main bugs that people have and I am sure they will remediate to a certain point.

I had enough of Fallout 76 when I was hearing my friends get frustrated from it.

yeah give them time to adjust, I have no problem with that. We definitely picked the wrong server to play on but here is my story so far: by the end of week 1 our base got blown up and it was pretty huge already, so back to farming and base building for 1 more week, by the end of week 2, server was crashing like crazy, every time we dared to get out of the base, we were close to loosing something specially after farming element, because then we got rolled back before the event was completed, lost the element, and with a bunch of leftover corrupted dinos, lost a few dinos too. When they fixed the saddle duppes, we were getting trolled with lvl 500 corrupted enraged gigas on our base, so back to base building and more defense. wehn we got that done, another wave of server ddos made our life miserable. Huhh ?‍♂️

3 hours ago, shoetrax said:

I had enough of Fallout 76 when I was hearing my friends get frustrated from it.

yeah give them time to adjust, I have no problem with that. We definitely picked the wrong server to play on but here is my story so far: by the end of week 1 our base got blown up and it was pretty huge already, so back to farming and base building for 1 more week, by the end of week 2, server was crashing like crazy, every time we dared to get out of the base, we were close to loosing something specially after farming element, because then we got rolled back before the event was completed, lost the element, and with a bunch of leftover corrupted dinos, lost a few dinos too. When they fixed the saddle duppes, we were getting trolled with lvl 500 corrupted enraged gigas on our base, so back to base building and more defense. wehn we got that done, another wave of server ddos made our life miserable. Huhh ?‍♂️

Sounds like a lot of the crap that was going on when Rag first launched during Early access, with constant ddos, duping, and nasty episodes of kiting. You'd think they would've learned from those episodes. Much of that involved box tribes as well. Not saying they were the only perpetrators, but the most often seen doing it...

8 minutes ago, catnip said:

Sounds like a lot of the crap that was going on when Rag first launched during Early access, with constant ddos, duping, and nasty episodes of kiting. You'd think they would've learned from those episodes. Much of that involved box tribes as well. Not saying they were the only perpetrators, but the most often seen doing it...

"You'd think they would've learned from those episodes."

Perhaps you could make a consulting firm that teaches development teams how to permanently prevent players from attempting to exploit the game or troll other players. I'd imagine such knowledge would make you a very rich man in the video game industry.

• Anarki changed the title to Extinction: Possible solution to wandering Corrupted
On 12/4/2018 at 5:08 PM, shoetrax said:

I dont know about your servers (Im on PvE too which probably makes a big difference) but Im now finding that the server crashes are a lot lot less (haven't come across one for 2 days now), most people have built their bases well enough and with enough defence to deter a kiting of dinos to it and the community has started to trust one another as there is a lot more trading and chat going on.

So now that the initial period has passed, the adjustments are being made and the Ext experience for me is much much better.

What is still annoying is the lag - I would like them to maybe look at this in more detail as it makes tranqing things rather difficult.

Coming back to this topic after a level 360 Wyvern attacked my little base in the city and killed my only Pteri.  I was bummed of course, but also glad it didn't kill my Snow Owl as well.  Otherwise we would have been completely grounded.  That being said, it was also one of scariest most exhilarating moments I've had in Ark in a long time.  We were sitting there next to our base scared to do anything LOL.

Archived