Extinction: Possible solution to wandering Corrupted

Anarki

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/21/2018 at 7:35 AM, Anarki said:

I posted an answer to these Corrupted dino pathing issues and nobody actually replied which was kind of rude. 

WC could make a change to the map by implementing pulse beacons around the city limits. These would essentially scare off corrupted dinos make them return to the wasteland etc. Thsi would limit (not stop) kiting and provide a bit more playability.

If they didnt want to make the pulse beacons a permanent feature - add it as a Tekgram that people could build and put around their bases - should be limited to mabye just 3 though - that would stop people from protecting and building multiple bases all over the map.

What do you think?

I posted an answer to these Corrupted dino pathing issues and nobody actually replied which was kind of rude. 

WC could make a change to the map by implementing pulse beacons around the city limits. These would essentially scare off corrupted dinos make them return to the wasteland etc. Thsi would limit (not stop) kiting and provide a bit more playability.

If they didnt want to make the pulse beacons a permanent feature - add it as a Tekgram that people could build and put around their bases - should be limited to mabye just 3 though - that would stop people from protecting and building multiple bases all over the map.

What do you think?

I think that is a really really good idea they are already halfway there with the leash thing so why couldn't they implament it. Give us half a chance if they are not being able to stop the kiting. Its getting ridiculous. What do you just stay offline until they fixed the problem.

What do you think?

I think that is a really really good idea

yes we did, more of us from the tribe, nothing is happening, they keep luring dinos, and now also freezing us with owls and managrms when we try to defend.

They have a great advantage, they know this game far to well, how to grieff on other bases, no matter how well we get organized, these guys have the advantage. If we log off then we will have 10000 corrupted dinos in our base when we log back in.

yup this is worst dlc ever, only made for grifers. easy as hell to drag 10 400lvl wyverns into some one base(And yes no matter how many velon or turret you put up they will get overrun).

let some else do the drops or vein and then come in last sec grifers fly in whip all your loot. and nothing you can do to stop them bcs its pve.

other guys do battle with titan for hrs and then a guy runs in at last sec and claims it. 

they need to fix this poop dlc. @Jen @Jatheish

Create an alt tribe and put up behemoth gates. Pincode them all. Then place plant x turret towers up around your base and tame 15-20 velos. Level isn’t too important, but over 100 pretame will help some. Put them on leashes and on turret/aggressive mode. 

This is your best bet and what we’ve had to employ due to a constant kiter that wants to play the victim any chance he gets when something goes wrong (I got a corrupted giga to  kill him in the snow biome when he was kiting it up to a base and he cried about being kited back - which was fairly humorous). 

31 minutes ago, Utahrapper said:

10 plant x turrets and 3 velos - just watched wyvern take out half of my base .  But they ended up getting him.   Next generation on the way.... time again to rebuild.

Screenshot_20181130-091314.pdf

We have five velos and 30 plant x so far on a turret tower, as well as some more plant x on the buildings. We’re in the snow, so it seems to be handling what is coming at us. Corrupted land dinos are of no concern where we built with offline damage gates. So it’s just the wyverns we need to contend with. 

Can anyone confirm that encumbering the velos on aggressive provides a higher output than turret mode?  Seems a dino leash would do the same?

From my experience with Official PVE Extinction so far, it seems like the PVE community was not considered at all for this map.

This is NOT how to PvE imo.

Daily complaints in global about someone coming into ele nodes or OSD at the last moment and taking loot, regardless of multiple verbal requests from the drop starters for the other person to "leave".

I am terrified on a daily basis that someone might kite corrupted to my base and wipe all my progress, as some have misjudged me on my server and perceive me to be a dilo hole, which I am nothing of the sort. I want to help people, and do good, but some maybe thinking I kited a corrupted giga to wipe someone's base, which I didnt do, I only showed up to look and help after it was there.

I am on Extinction to get breeding pairs of the new dinos to take back to my main server, but spending most of my time this week upgrading my extinction base walls to metal, and doubling up the walls as if this were PVP, and worried that not even that will be able to protect my stuff, since corrupteds can even wipe out tek... instead of spending time taming/breeding on my MAIN map, which is not Extinction.

This is not good Wildcard. Time and time again, people ask for PvE to be coded separately from PvP, and there are several things with this map that need to be coded differently for sure!

Maybe need some "guidelines" on proper behavior during OSD, the taking of loot by people who didnt do most of the work is just plain wrong, and shouldnt be happening on PvE. Drop thieves are a daily drama llama in the global chat. I probably will never do one of those, as I dont want to be broken hearted if someone takes loot that I worked hard to get.

Loot should be assigned to whomever started the drop, or something. This loot sniping/ninja/stealing is out of control!

I want Corrupteds on PvE to not damage anything above stone... I am like many PvE players, whom are builders who play ark for the eye candy, building, social, and breeding, NOT for the dangers! I dont want to spend MOST of my time defending myself against corrupteds, spending hours and days on great breeds only to lose them to corrupteds that chewed through my metal base. This is NOT ok for PvE!

I'm really not happy about this. I want a way to fully protect my dinos, but I dont see how, as everything can be demolished by corrupteds. This is not ok!

I just want some of the new dinos... not all this... this... frustration and damage.

For the past several days, I have been working on making several layers of metal walls, to make an "onion" base... this is not how I wanted to spend my time trying to get the new dinos for me and my tribemate on Center... on PVE.

TL;DR:

Corrupteds OP in PvE. Plz nerf.

P.S. Yes I am emotional. If you think this is too much, then I think you dont have enough emotions ;) Eye candy makes me super happy (better than getting joys from bullying or other forms of horrible things). Losing my eye candy makes me super sad. Eye candy is my joy, and Wildcard seems to figuratively drive a knife through my heart with this map.

These are many of the reasons why I've waited to purchase this dlc. If these issues go unfixed then it will remain that way. WildCard needs to fix the issues of kiting corrupteds and the OP aspects of corrupteds, especially the high level ones. Many on PVE are in small tribes. It seems like we are getting big tribes, many but not all from Asian servers, coming on the PVE servers using PVP tactics to drive all the other tribes off. Maybe these tribes can't cut it on the PVP servers and get their jollies using these tactics on PVE servers to satisfy their need for PVP play. In any event it is not acceptable!!!  

Maybe if they make it so corrupteds can't attack a base due to ORP would help. That and make it so they can't destroy tek and metal, much like the mechanics for alpha dinos on the other servers. At least that way small tribes would stand a chance on PVE extinction servers. Right now it's not fun, and until it's fixed I and I'm sure many other won't be buying it until it is.

First of all things, no corrupted dino should be able to do damage to structures unless they are close to veins or OSD, that would stop base overloads of defense against lured on bases  lvl 500 corrupted reaper kings. Element veins and osd loot drops should be like the taming, tribe locked. We are waiting on some real work against un ethical players (actions taken against the code of conduct), Start BANNING people already. And yeah, ARK support is completely missing. I guess they have many tickets but this is ridiculous.

On 11/21/2018 at 10:29 AM, flamron said:

I’d be fine if it were a true Player VS Environment. But the constant kiting from trolls has turned it into Player wiped or loses everything. 

And I'm totally all for the d-bags losing their entire base because they maliciously blocked the path. That’s why I watched it go down and enjoyed every minute. But that could easily be me on the receiving end with someone who’s dedicated and there’s no amount of PVP’ing or safety from it. That’s my bigger issue. The ease of kiting down into the biomes. Truly no safe spots. 

We built in the forest up on a high ridge for safety. Great for everything except the wyverns. So we’re moving to a new location (due to not only wyvern frequency, but the lack of dinos down there). 

Hopefully there can be a balance somehow that makes aggroing them into the biomes harder. Otherwise they will end up wiping everyone on the map over and over with a ptera. 

Trolls Kite, they have been doing it since the Island with Gigas. It is PVE, Corrupted Dinos are the E, Build base defenses Just because you are in PVE doesnt mean you dont need to defend your base. My PVE base has a fantastic double wall with Velonasaurs all over it. If you ask me, corrupted stuff should wander into the city MORE, give those enforcers and defenders something to do. and this is coming from someone who has a straight line to the gate so if 30 rexes wander in im first on the chopping block.

On 11/21/2018 at 10:29 AM, flamron said:

I’d be fine if it were a true Player VS Environment. But the constant kiting from trolls has turned it into Player wiped or loses everything. 

And I'm totally all for the d-bags losing their entire base because they maliciously blocked the path. That’s why I watched it go down and enjoyed every minute. But that could easily be me on the receiving end with someone who’s dedicated and there’s no amount of PVP’ing or safety from it. That’s my bigger issue. The ease of kiting down into the biomes. Truly no safe spots. 

We built in the forest up on a high ridge for safety. Great for everything except the wyverns. So we’re moving to a new location (due to not only wyvern frequency, but the lack of dinos down there). 

Hopefully there can be a balance somehow that makes aggroing them into the biomes harder. Otherwise they will end up wiping everyone on the map over and over with a ptera. 

Trolls Kite, they have been doing it since the Island with Gigas. It is PVE, Corrupted Dinos are the E, Build base defenses Just because you are in PVE doesnt mean you dont need to defend your base. My PVE base has a fantastic double wall with Velonasaurs all over it. If you ask me, corrupted stuff should wander into the city MORE, give those enforcers and defenders something to do. and this is coming from someone who has a straight line to the gate so if 30 rexes wander in im first on the chopping block.

But looks like you guys win out at least a little bit.  https://ark.gamepedia.com/287.110 PC patch notes, if you are console it should be coming soonish.

1 hour ago, ilShadow said:

But looks like you guys win out at least a little bit.  https://ark.gamepedia.com/287.110 PC patch notes, if you are console it should be coming soonish.

I watched a corrupt giga chew threw two stone behemoth gates and three metal dino gates in under two minutes. It was doing 1500 damage per bite on the stone. Your double wall stands zero chance with a few of those.

And they’ll nerf velos in the next patch, so that won’t save anyone from wyverns. They work too well - and that equals nerf incoming for Wildcard. Hopefully the x plants hold up and slow them enough in the future for the soon to be useless velos to knock them down. 

5 minutes ago, flamron said:

I watched a corrupt giga chew threw two stone behemoth gates and three metal dino gates in under two minutes. It was doing 1500 damage per bite on the stone. Your double wall stands zero chance with a few of those.

And they’ll nerf velos in the next patch, so that won’t save anyone from wyverns. They work too well - and that equals nerf incoming for Wildcard. Hopefully the x plants hold up and slow them enough in the future for the soon to be useless velos to knock them down. 

Yea, but thats what the velonasaurs are for. You hear the battle music start up, run out hop on your highest melee one and go ham, it also helps if you have some  built Enforcers leveled in melee and health. I had a suprise Corrupted rex come in from a botched red drop that i melted in seconds, and we have killed Corrupted Gigas and wyverns on our server with velonasaurs already. 2-3 Corrupted Gigas are a problem, one is melted butter. Sure you still may lsoe a few things here and there, have to repair some stuff and replace other but it is completely doable. There is also the kite them away and deal with them at your leisure method. All you need is a strategy for dealing with stuff like that.

Extinction isnt safe, you have to fight corrupted Gigas and Wyverns eventually if you ever want to really progress, so better start learning on how to fight them now. Also if you dont notice someone collecting and kiting multiple Gigas, you need to work on your observational skills.

2 minutes ago, ilShadow said:

Yea, but thats what the velonasaurs are for. You hear the battle music start up, run out hop on your highest melee one and go ham, it also helps if you have some  built Enforcers leveled in melee and health. I had a suprise Corrupted rex come in from a botched red drop that i melted in seconds, and we have killed Corrupted Gigas and wyverns on our server with velonasaurs already. 2-3 Corrupted Gigas are a problem, one is melted butter. Sure you still may lsoe a few things here and there, have to repair some stuff and replace other but it is completely doable. There is also the kite them away and deal with them at your leisure method. All you need is a strategy for dealing with stuff like that.

Extinction isnt safe, you have to fight corrupted Gigas and Wyverns eventually if you ever want to really progress, so better start learning on how to fight them now. Also if you dont notice someone collecting and kiting multiple Gigas, you need to work on your observational skills.

Ahhh. That’s my problem. I haven’t been constantly patrolling the map on the lookout for people kiting gigas. I’ll be sure to stop playing the game for what it is and just patrol. Thanks for the super helpful tip.

58 minutes ago, flamron said:

Ahhh. That’s my problem. I haven’t been constantly patrolling the map on the lookout for people kiting gigas. I’ll be sure to stop playing the game for what it is and just patrol. Thanks for the super helpful tip.

Gigas are not common spawns to even get two will take quite awhile, So for someone to kite a giga to your base in the first place either A. you are a jerk, or B. they are a jerk, but hey at least they took the time to find a good way to mes with you. And my point was from you base not seeing a giga come stomping in is on you, i dont mean partollng the map looking for people kiting, and for you to take it that way, is just dumb, since out in the wastes there is nothing you can do to stop a kiter on pve aside from try to kill the thing they are kiting.

1 hour ago, ilShadow said:

Gigas are not common spawns to even get two will take quite awhile, So for someone to kite a giga to your base in the first place either A. you are a jerk, or B. they are a jerk, but hey at least they took the time to find a good way to mes with you. And my point was from you base not seeing a giga come stomping in is on you, i dont mean partollng the map looking for people kiting, and for you to take it that way, is just dumb, since out in the wastes there is nothing you can do to stop a kiter on pve aside from try to kill the thing they are kiting.

Have you seen the render of the corrupted gigas?  It’s at best 20 foundations. :/

The guy on our server is pretty dedicated to kiting literally everyone. It’s all he has done since day 3 when he showed up on the server. He’s notched about 20-25 tribes on his belt so far by wiping them completely. He hit two of my allies on day 7 wiping them completely. 

We’ve killed probably 200 total gigas and wyverns inside the snow and forest biome so far. Most level 280+ for the wyverns. We’ve lost 30+ dinos defending the bases (across 6 alliance tribes). It’s a non stop play for him. He’s got issues - and has been this way since legacy as I had the misfortune of him landing on my island server back in the day. 

The patch this week will hopefully help reduce the number of high level dinos that are wrecking bases, but the gigas will continue to cause issues thanks to him. I have offline gates so I’m not worried about it really other than when I’m farming mats. 

Absolutely terrible decision to regress ARK way back to early access troll state with the Extinction map.

I remember those days back when people would kite brontos, rexes, carnos, or anything they could to grief and troll other players in PVE and after many reports the devs implemented ways to prevent such abuse. But now we're back to the same old problem with the last map...

De-evolution of PVE regressing it to the griefers and trolls heaven it was years ago.

The corrupted dinos even bypass the offline damage protection? DILO? Another leap backwards into game quitting mechanics, even the smallest ones can damage metal, and they have splash damage enabled, also they aggro structures... for real!?

I have seen random clowns from who knows which hell-hole, those who speak in square language, kiting corrupted gigas and wyverns into other players bases to steal whatever they can; that is not PVE, that is some coward PVP griefering s-head using an exploit to attack other players and force PVP in a PVE server.

I saw so many people going to check the new map and how they started building bases, but now I'm seeing them as they leave the servers and outright quit the game in some cases. All because of the unbelievable dumb decision to revert changes made years ago, changes that made PVE worth playing.

• Anarki changed the title to Extinction: Possible solution to wandering Corrupted

Archived