Solo Red OSD made easy

RipRavage

3 hours ago, DMSO said:

Taming a giga with 190 base melee ist WAY harder than getting a 450 melee velona, taming a giga takes alot more time, not to mention knocking it out and finding a highlvl one (bc u cant just kill off lowlvl gigas)^^ taming a velona literally takes 10min on x2, there are like 50 of them at once in the desert and killing lowlvls is rly rly easy

€: 55 breeding velonas takes less than 2 days^^

Well the point of the video is to show that if you want to attempt to do a red drop alone a imprinted giga is a sound method(and the only method I’m aware of at this point).  And as far as taming a giga, I’ve actually seen several 120 plus Gigas since I started playing extinction and taming them is as simple as 4 metal gates and and spamming a stack of 1000 narcotics and waiting 3 hours(1.5 on 2X).  I actually tamed female green 145 giga that came out with 150 melee on this map.  You can try kiting low levels to other areas like the underground, because they seem to despawn when they are left in other areas and derender.

If you want to do red drops alone your choices are tame some Gigas on your own, but an egg from an alpha, or wait for transfers to be enabled.

• 7 months later...

can concur, my gigas are 20k hp 235% melee pre-imprint (working on my super gigas, this is just a pre-imprint start, got a dope melee wild male last night so gonna work on melee line) and my brother and I solo'd reds and got ASC Mana BPS (when i say my brother an I we divided and concured on our separate gigas, he took one red i hunted for another) i bring a cryo'd snow owl for post defence heals but yeah its easily doable solo and great rewards, that 1 red OSD netted me a 600 armor tek boots that cost a fortune, a similar pair of tek glove BPs, ASC Hazmat pants + blueprint for those pants and x2 ASC Mana saddle BPs. Giga only lost 1/8th health and most of that was me cliff strutting

On 6/30/2019 at 11:50 AM, YEETSPIN said:

can concur, my gigas are 20k hp 235% melee pre-imprint (working on my super gigas, this is just a pre-imprint start, got a dope melee wild male last night so gonna work on melee line) and my brother and I solo'd reds and got ASC Mana BPS (when i say my brother an I we divided and concured on our separate gigas, he took one red i hunted for another) i bring a cryo'd snow owl for post defence heals but yeah its easily doable solo and great rewards, that 1 red OSD netted me a 600 armor tek boots that cost a fortune, a similar pair of tek glove BPs, ASC Hazmat pants + blueprint for those pants and x2 ASC Mana saddle BPs. Giga only lost 1/8th health and most of that was me cliff strutting

You tamed a giga last night htat had 235% melee pre-imprint? I tamed a level 150 with a high amounts of points placed into melee, and it only has 200 melee post-tame. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 6:52 PM, PFM said:

You tamed a giga last night htat had 235% melee pre-imprint? I tamed a level 150 with a high amounts of points placed into melee, and it only has 200 melee post-tame. 

they are bred gigas not tamed if officials. officials and legacy have higher bred stats on hatch in health and melee but his giga will cap 654 melee which easily completes red drops solo.

16 hours ago, PFM said:

It'll cap at 654? Why?

my bad lol , its 657.9% melee .bred giga at hatch with 325 melee . 100% imprint and max additional level ups added by completing red drops for instance on officials . how I know . mine was hatch same with 325 melee with 100% imprint and levelled completing red drops solo until I reached max xp  which is 3550000.0 and thus the max level for a giga with 325 melee hatch is 657.9% not 654

13 hours ago, brownievec said:

my bad lol , its 657.9% melee .bred giga at hatch with 325 melee . 100% imprint and max additional level ups added by completing red drops for instance on officials . how I know . mine was hatch same with 325 melee with 100% imprint and levelled completing red drops solo until I reached max xp  which is 3550000.0 and thus the max level for a giga with 325 melee hatch is 657.9% not 654

Oh, I thought you were talking about GIgas in general and I was confused. 

Yeah mine are bred not wild tame, working on mutations still, up to 275% now but it's been a grind, I've gotten extremely lucky though and almost all of my mutes have been melee, gonna play the lottery now irl and avoid lightning prone areas while flying (I'm not the only one working on the line, just leading the project more or less, we have a group with identical breeders and we share mutes for faster breeding, a community project more or less but I imagine that how every body does it)

Archived