Solo Red OSD made easy

RipRavage

I figured I'd share this so everybody could see the proof that Imprinted Gigas can easily solo Red OSDs.  My Giga has a base melee of 190 before imprinting and in this video her melee was leveled to around 360.  Note that I used a Ascendant 101 armor saddle, but I have done these with primitive saddles, you just lose a lot more health as opposed to the 10k health you drop wearing a ascendant saddle.

4 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Well, looks like I need to start my giga taming and breeding project then. I guess the issue is not damaging the drop. Would it be worth tagging along a spare giga for a mate boost ? 

You run the risk of the second giga getting enraged if it gets overwhelmed, I suppose it all depends on the stats you have on your giga as to whether it would be worth it.  I transferred mine in from the island, so I already had a decent base melee stat of 190 before imprinting.  I mean 2k ish damage vs 2.5 doesn't make much of a difference to me in that situation.

4 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

You run the risk of the second giga getting enraged if it gets overwhelmed, I suppose it all depends on the stats you have on your giga as to whether it would be worth it.  I transferred mine in from the island, so I already had a decent base melee stat of 190 before imprinting.  I mean 2k ish damage vs 2.5 doesn't make much of a difference to me in that situation.

Problem is, on official we can't transfer to Extinction, so we need to find decent gigas first...

3 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

You run the risk of the second giga getting enraged if it gets overwhelmed, I suppose it all depends on the stats you have on your giga as to whether it would be worth it.  I transferred mine in from the island, so I already had a decent base melee stat of 190 before imprinting.

I was wondering that, was just wondering since the giga coped fine with the drop. Definitely something I will hopefully try out at somepoint.

Just now, AngrySaltire said:

I was wondering that, was just wondering since the giga coped fine with the drop. Definitely something I will hopefully try out at somepoint.

The advantage I have when I personally ride the Giga is that I can pull her out of the fight when the rage meter starts building, a second unridden giga might draw too much aggro from everything and get swarmed, and if the second giga enrages, so does the one you are riding, so it is a very risky matter.

2 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

I leveled this giga up on literally just red orbital drops, so if you can get an imprinted one to 190 melee you should be able to do it.

in the first post u stated that the giga had 190 melee BEFORE imprint, thats a big difference. And finding a Giga with that good melee can be a pain since Giga is the single most best dino in extinction, no one cares about rex, everyone wants gigas...

3 minutes ago, FluffyDinoPartey said:

in the first post u stated that the giga had 190 melee BEFORE imprint, thats a big difference. And finding a Giga with that good melee can be a pain since Giga is the single most best dino in extinction, no one cares about rex, everyone wants gigas...

my mistake, you would need after imprint 250ish melee then or a base 190.  I would assume since everyone is going after gigas it would be even easier to get your hands on one since you can just trade for their eggs.  I'm sure all the alphas already tamed up some decent stock.  I was just reading about how people on official already have 450 base melee velonosaurs, so I'm sure somebody has a decent Giga stock at this point.

4 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

The advantage I have when I personally ride the Giga is that I can pull her out of the fight when the rage meter starts building, a second unridden giga might draw too much aggro from everything and get swarmed, and if the second giga enrages, so does the one you are riding, so it is a very risky matter.

Ah good point, I had forgotten about gigas enraging each other. 

4 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Ah good point, I had forgotten about gigas enraging each other. 

I've only failed one Red OSD and it was because I was being stupid and not paying attention to my rage meter and two enraged trikes and a few wyverns enraged my giga, but she still survived the fight, I just had to throw my pokeball jump on my flyer and run away until she calmed down.  You know if you want the extra little boost in damage and resistance, I think it would make more sense to bring a Yutryannus with you on passive with roaring enabled, thats much safer and equals out to the mate boost.

5 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

I've only failed one Red OSD and it was because I was being stupid and not paying attention to my rage meter and two enraged trikes and a few wyverns enraged my giga, but she still survived the fight, I just had to throw my pokeball jump on my flyer and run away until she calmed down.  You know if you want the extra little boost in damage and resistance, I think it would make more sense to bring a Yutryannus with you on passive with roaring enabled, thats much safer and equals out to the mate boost.

Unfortunately the yuty turret roar is only a thing in single player as far as I am aware ? 

Just now, FluffyDinoPartey said:

But tbh, instead of breeding a giga for 2 weeks I rather go in with 2-3 Meks + snow owl, should work aswell when the hitbug is solved

I would take three rexes over any amount of meks, meks are horrible for actual combat that doesn't involve them shooting something a mile away.  Good luck trying to hit anything with the swords crappy hit detection and range.

4 minutes ago, FluffyDinoPartey said:

But tbh, instead of breeding a giga for 2 weeks I rather go in with 2-3 Meks + snow owl, should work aswell when the hitbug is solved

Am so glad I dont have to put up with that anymore, its insane... The raise time for gigas on the cluster I play on is 6 hours...

1 minute ago, RipRavage said:

Did not know that, sorry.

No worries lol.

5 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

I would take three rexes over any amount of meks, meks are horrible for actual combat that doesn't involve them shooting something a mile away.  Good luck trying to hit anything with the swords crappy hit detection and range.

yeah, when they fix the hitbug - before that i literally drop 40 element on the ground :D

I'm sure all the alphas already tamed up some decent stock.  I was just reading about how people on official already have 450 base melee velonosaurs, so I'm sure somebody has a decent Giga stock at this point.

Taming a giga with 190 base melee ist WAY harder than getting a 450 melee velona, taming a giga takes alot more time, not to mention knocking it out and finding a highlvl one (bc u cant just kill off lowlvl gigas)^^ taming a velona literally takes 10min on x2, there are like 50 of them at once in the desert and killing lowlvls is rly rly easy

€: 55 breeding velonas takes less than 2 days^^

1 hour ago, FluffyDinoPartey said:

Problem is, on official we can't transfer to Extinction, so we need to find decent gigas first...

Find me one on 464, you still owe me 10 element, so.

With the rent on those 10, its more like 10.000 element now.

So a 200+ giga will suffice, instead of 10.000 element.

I'm such a nice guy, I suprise myself sometimes.

:D

Archived