orbital draops and element veins

Kodking194

me and my friend just finished breeding ten velanosuars to d drops and veins with. I have a few questions

1. can you build turrets around the veins or drops(not inside shield but around it)

2. can your tamed dinos destroy element veins

3. can yuty fear raw corrupt creatures in events (I know they can fear raw normal corrupt dinos)

4. what would be a good flyer owls ,argents dimorphs, ice drakes ,wyverns, tapjars, pteranodons

5. is there a certain amount of creatures allowed in on event.

as we are on single player what would be some good tips. we may invite one or to friends but still.

6. would gigas be a good idea

7. if you can build in force field would it be a good idea to build a metal wall around drop to stop tames rom harming it.

1. yes, but useless, pnly 10% dmg
  2. yes
  3. idk, but probably yes
  4. owl is good to heal your dinos up between waves, just leave a single hostile of the last wave, heal up as far as possible and then kill it, other than that... maybe teksaddle tape?
  5. not that i know of
  6. yes, but care, they have a wide attack range and can destroy little veins
  7. building spikes works, metal walls is probably too expensive, they get destroyed real quick by higher dinos (spinos and so on) and are not needed for lower waves (dilos or similar)

tips:

• blue drop and 10k vein are literally easymode, you can probably do them with a shotgun, the drop spawns lvl1-50 dilos, raptors, pteras and stegos, the vein is a bit higher in lvl, thats it
  • you can easily do a 25k vein and a yellow drop with a single giga (wildtame 75+) and a 50 armor saddle solo, maybe bring an owl to heal up a bit
  • for reddrops i would bring 2 gigas + yuty or sth, just to be safe, same for the 50k vein, the problem is there is a little chance that a corrupted giga can spawn, if that happens, just run
  • dont do purple drops or 100k veins if you have to ask starter questions^^ not even go near them xD
  • most of the time the attacking dinos will follow 3-4 paths leading to the vein/OSD, you can "block" those with spikes, they are pretty cost-efficient, you still have to kill them, but they dont get to the veins that easily

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2018 at 10:27 PM, DMSO said:
  1. yes, but useless, pnly 10% dmg
  2. yes
  3. idk, but probably yes
  4. owl is good to heal your dinos up between waves, just leave a single hostile of the last wave, heal up as far as possible and then kill it, other than that... maybe teksaddle tape?
  5. not that i know of
  6. yes, but care, they have a wide attack range and can destroy little veins
  7. building spikes works, metal walls is probably too expensive, they get destroyed real quick by higher dinos (spinos and so on) and are not needed for lower waves (dilos or similar)

tips:

• blue drop and 10k vein are literally easymode, you can probably do them with a shotgun, the drop spawns lvl1-50 dilos, raptors, pteras and stegos, the vein is a bit higher in lvl, thats it
  • you can easily do a 25k vein and a yellow drop with a single giga (wildtame 75+) and a 50 armor saddle solo, maybe bring an owl to heal up a bit
  • for reddrops i would bring 2 gigas + yuty or sth, just to be safe, same for the 50k vein, the problem is there is a little chance that a corrupted giga can spawn, if that happens, just run
  • dont do purple drops or 100k veins if you have to ask starter questions^^ not even go near them xD
  • most of the time the attacking dinos will follow 3-4 paths leading to the vein/OSD, you can "block" those with spikes, they are pretty cost-efficient, you still have to kill them, but they dont get to the veins that easily

Lol don’t use gigas for red or purple ones. Enraged trike or Rex will insta rage it. Lost 2 250 gigas on 1 drop due to this 

Red / Purple drops we do using 3-4 man team on grown, mate boosted and fully imprinted Gigas.

Yellow and below a single Giga.

10/25k veins - AFK with my Giga and watch my dimorph army shred the enemies only getting involved myself when spinos/paracer/rex come in packs to drop them quickly before the AOE hits too many of my dimorphs.

50k vein.. took out over 60 dimorphs.. lost the LOT and the vein before clearing the end of wave 4.  Cleared up the Wyverns with my Giga before limping back home.  Might try some spike walls next time to limit the paths they can come at me from so I don't end up as surrounded but in all honesty probably gonna be avoiding 50k veins if I'm out solo.

The trouble I had defending veins is my mount would also destroy the veins - so the dimorphs on aggressive seem to only attack enemies and leave the veins alone.

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 6:44 PM, Kodking194 said:

me and my friend just finished breeding ten velanosuars to d drops and veins with. I have a few questions

1. can you build turrets around the veins or drops(not inside shield but around it)

2. can your tamed dinos destroy element veins

3. can yuty fear raw corrupt creatures in events (I know they can fear raw normal corrupt dinos)

4. what would be a good flyer owls ,argents dimorphs, ice drakes ,wyverns, tapjars, pteranodons

5. is there a certain amount of creatures allowed in on event.

as we are on single player what would be some good tips. we may invite one or to friends but still.

6. would gigas be a good idea

7. if you can build in force field would it be a good idea to build a metal wall around drop to stop tames rom harming it.

I have completed Blue, Yellow and 2 Red OSD's and a couple of Element veins on a Single Velon. I am not sure if it is due to the server I play on being boosted or not. I have bred this velon with 100% imprint and have it at 10K Health, 30K Stam, 4000% Dmg, 340% speed. I have yet to run out of stamina and primarily use the swing (Left trigger(Xbox) to clear all the dino's. I personal dislike the Blue and Yellow OSD's as I end up hunting for the last 1-2 dino's as they seem to have ADHD when it comes to the OSD. The Red seems to have an easier time, granted there are a lot of higher level (bigger) dino's .

Like I said, it may be due to the boosted server, but a well leveled Velon is a beast. At least in my opinion

9 hours ago, MirageUK said:

Red / Purple drops we do using 3-4 man team on grown, mate boosted and fully imprinted Gigas.

Yellow and below a single Giga.

10/25k veins - AFK with my Giga and watch my dimorph army shred the enemies only getting involved myself when spinos/paracer/rex come in packs to drop them quickly before the AOE hits too many of my dimorphs.

50k vein.. took out over 60 dimorphs.. lost the LOT and the vein before clearing the end of wave 4.  Cleared up the Wyverns with my Giga before limping back home.  Might try some spike walls next time to limit the paths they can come at me from so I don't end up as surrounded but in all honesty probably gonna be avoiding 50k veins if I'm out solo.

The trouble I had defending veins is my mount would also destroy the veins - so the dimorphs on aggressive seem to only attack enemies and leave the veins alone.

so you telling me 4 man imprinted gigas are enough for purple drops? those enraged corrupted alpha rexes arent no joke lol they tend to screw us over

22 hours ago, Ice1089 said:

I have completed Blue, Yellow and 2 Red OSD's and a couple of Element veins on a Single Velon. I am not sure if it is due to the server I play on being boosted or not. I have bred this velon with 100% imprint and have it at 10K Health, 30K Stam, 4000% Dmg, 340% speed. I have yet to run out of stamina and primarily use the swing (Left trigger(Xbox) to clear all the dino's. I personal dislike the Blue and Yellow OSD's as I end up hunting for the last 1-2 dino's as they seem to have ADHD when it comes to the OSD. The Red seems to have an easier time, granted there are a lot of higher level (bigger) dino's .

Like I said, it may be due to the boosted server, but a well leveled Velon is a beast. At least in my opinion

Looks like your server has a 12x imprint bonus multiplier.  (Easy to tell based on the movement speed you get from 100% imprint).  A 1x (official) is +20% movement speed. Your server seems to have +240%, so 12x (240/12 = 20).  This makes bred/imprinted dinos absurdly stronger than they already are.  If you bred a giga and fully imprinted on it, you would be around 250k health with a 12x imprint bonus and doing about 10-12k/bite if the parents offered around 250% melee damage post-tame.

*edit*  To the OP, others have addressed it, but bred gigas (if you have the time), bred velonasaurs, bred rexes, etc.. are all quite capable for red drops.  You will want decent saddles for them, though, as the numbers quickly can overwhelm you.  Having a yuty there to buff/debuff is huge, if possible.  Having an owl to heal between waves can make or break a red drop.  I have done several with bred gigas and never ran into a situation where I even came close to raging, but at the same time, the enraged trikes/rexes were priority targets when they came, and I took them out before they had time to do much.  I'm also running around on an asc saddle on my gigas, so there's that...  (side bar:  This is the first map where I see a REAL benefit to having Gigas for PvE).  Try to mate boost every dino you have, if possible.  It makes a huge difference.  Finally, if you're on a private server with a clustered aberration server, Reapers take a massive steaming dump on red drops, but you'll still take a hefty amount of damage in the later waves.

Someone mentioned avoiding purple drops if you're having to ask starter questions,  to that end,  I say, try it.  After 3 waves, you can stop the drop when you're comfortable, as long as the current wave is done.  If, after 3 waves, you don't feel comfortable continuing, just end the defense and collect what loot it gives you.  They do get progressively harder as they go on, though, so if wave 3 is even a little bit tough, end the drop for the rest of the server's sake.

22 hours ago, Ice1089 said:

You sure it's because you have boosted stats?

....You think? Maybe?

Just now, banggugyangu said:

He's not totally wrong,  the velonasaur is a monster for the drops, indeed, but dat 12x imprint bonus, dough...

I can't deny velos are good but that is an overwhelmingly excessive increase in stats, any dino boosted that high will do well and it's not representative of the difficulty lol

IF I am going to put up something.

A lot of the tribes have been cloning gigas like no tommorrow. I kept wondering if they intend to use giga as "an army" against the corrupts in osd.

Its like this: To those who are cloning or breeding Giga, they think that Giga > everything else, no exception, especially with imprinted ones. They think they can conquer Purple drops with mostly just gigas, imprinted in mass (I am not talking about them cloning bred giga, but tamed ones rather)

1 hour ago, Vaculity said:

IF I am going to put up something.

A lot of the tribes have been cloning gigas like no tommorrow. I kept wondering if they intend to use giga as "an army" against the corrupts in osd.

Its like this: To those who are cloning or breeding Giga, they think that Giga > everything else, no exception, especially with imprinted ones. They think they can conquer Purple drops with mostly just gigas, imprinted in mass (I am not talking about them cloning bred giga, but tamed ones rather)

Bred gigas can do more damage, but a solid group of meks can outperform tamed gigas. Not to mention, they are fast and agile enough to escape if it goes wrong. Gigas are screwed if they get piled up on.

9 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Bred gigas can do more damage, but a solid group of meks can outperform tamed gigas. Not to mention, they are fast and agile enough to escape if it goes wrong. Gigas are screwed if they get piled up on.

a lot of my tribemate choose to differ. And same goes for all the tribe that are constantly cloning giga. Meks cannot level, giga can. Mek can move high, giga cannot. Giga does more damage than mek. Giga don't need osd hunt for bp, mek does.  And people would rather waste their time raising giga for a week or so with cryopod than hunting red or purple drops for decent  blueprint  only to return in disappointment.  Not to mention the amount of element mek has to go through per drop run where giga don't have to worry about. 

At the end of the day.  Bred giga still beat mek regardless of its module attached. Unfortunately.  I'd you like to try to convince them if you think what I said is wrong. 

Yeah it's not a problem as we have spare eggs and will continue to try for further mutations whilst our next batch are grown - should be fully matured by the time we get home this evening after hatching approx. 2am Sunday morning - boosted rates on breeding @ 10x

Wouldn't mind but since we've had no Gigas to have another go we've seen LOADS of local purple drops teasing us - waited hours for the one that destroyed us Saturday night.

Got to wave 10 on a purple drop using frost and forest titans. Also had 3 gigas but they almost died every wave, gotta heal in between. Loot was decent. 1 good bp and 150 metal structures. Can't see it being done without titans and not losing tames. Or prepping with so much supplies your prep out weighs the rewards.

Archived