Baby Gacha Food?

Tamlin

Does it matter what type of gacha it is?

I run a (very small) dedicated server, it's just me and my partner that play. We've raised probably about 120-150 gacha babies, and the only 2 that have starved to death in front of our eyes have been the type that produce elemental dust (which was, of course, why we were breeding them to begin with). All of the other babies have been just fine. 

Any thoughts?

Additional note - we did manage to raise a dust-producing gacha beyond the baby stage, and we didn't do anything with him that we hadn't done with our other babies (except for the fact that I watched his hunger bar like a hawk until I was sure he was feeding himself). I don't know why he fed and the other 2 dusties didn't, and I don't know why, of all of our babies, the only 2 that kicked it were dusties, but it seems far too specific to be a coincidence.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not sure baby gachas can eat owl pellets. I filled a baby with them and just watched her food drop from 1600 to 200. I dared not let it drop further, so I switched to berries and spoiled meat again (needless to say babies cannot be force-fed with pellets). Stone works well too. Didn't get the thing with adult gachas around to be honest.

I got that I have to be in render distance and that the babies pick up their food itselves even if there is no food. I did not geht if it is neccessary to have adult  gachas around or not and if so if they have to be on wandering too? 

Or does no gacha have to be on wandering and I can let them stand around?

Thanks for further explanations.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/28/2019 at 6:44 AM, Yunaa said:

Could someone clarify this to me:

If breading one type of gacha (metal) with one that makes element dust will that guarantee that the baby gacha will produce one of the both or just random resources?

This has been discussed quite a lot. Baby gacha will have a random pool of resources. It will not inherit any current resource pool from its parents, making breeding redundant unless you are aiming for crafting skill mutation... If it can even mutate that.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm just raising a baby Gacha right now, and until a certain point I was feeding it meat. OMG, it chews through it like it's going out of fashion, but after reading a comment I put a load of owl pellets in it. After that, not only did it not consume a single pellet, but it didn't eat the final 1 piece of meat either, so I think that's the way to go until it reaches 10% and eats from a trough.

Now, since it hit 10% I'm watching berries in my feeding trough go down about 1/sec o_O. I had to log, but luckily I have a ton of berries in there, and cooked meat, and some kibble. Hopefully it will survive until tomorrow.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

It's still bugged where the issue is mainly render distance.  They destroy stacks like the adults, but the babies don't actually need any food, you just have to stay in render for the duration of the raise.  This makes it insanely frustrating or  you just have to diligently cryo them whenever you leave.

Gachas are sloths,  megatheriums are sloths.... sloths eat meat and berries.  Gacha babies don’t need to be hand fed,  they need to be near parents,  the parents feed the baby for you,  but! Huge but here,  you can’t leave render while raising them.   So don’t waste you time unless you like to sleep in tek sleeping pods and waste electricity and you pc’s life span to keep the babies rendered and growing.  

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived