Can i get tips for drops?!

LankyKun

4 minutes ago, Vaculity said:

It depends on certain cases though. One Imprinted Giga simply won't be enough though for some spawn cases.

For Red, yes it will, I have done over 17 Red drops and I've only failed one because my giga enraged, and it still survived.  A single giga with a saddle value of 60-80ish can handle anything a red drop can throw at it.

Having done red drops myself I'd question how a giga takes down the corrupt wyverns without backup?     That corrupt fire dot is plain nasty, and there's so many land animals it'd be hard to reach the wyverns even if they weren't swooping all over.

We use a combo of managarmer, gigas, and snow owls, with one yuty.   Sometimes we throw in a velonasaur or such.       

2 hours ago, Migol said:

Having done red drops myself I'd question how a giga takes down the corrupt wyverns without backup?     That corrupt fire dot is plain nasty, and there's so many land animals it'd be hard to reach the wyverns even if they weren't swooping all over.

We use a combo of managarmer, gigas, and snow owls, with one yuty.   Sometimes we throw in a velonasaur or such.       

I've gotten three levels deep into a legendary OSD before they busted the drop, the giga doesn't have much trouble with the wyverns so long as you keep moving.

4 hours ago, Migol said:

Here you go, since everybody on here thinks I'm the granddaddy of all liars, here is a video of me soloing with ease a red OSD with a single imprinted Giga.  Her base Melee before imprinting was 190, and she is currently around 360 melee.

5 hours ago, Migol said:

Not to be an ass but is that video a single player/private server?   The waves were far different when we did them (got 5-6 corrupted wyverns as just one example, and the levels were higher iirc)?    Unless it scales by players present or some other mechanic I'm not aware of?

Its single player but I have max difficulty override 5 and single player settings off so it matches official servers.  How high of levels were you facing, because Im pretty sure red caps off at 300 and legendary caps off at 500 and that matches pretty much what I've been facing.  Not to mention creatures are random, since Gigas can spawn on red drops according to the wiki.

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Orbital_Supply_Drop_(Extinction)

9 hours ago, DMSO said:

hmm... unofficial... server settings?

on official its not possible to have a decent imprinted giga yet^^

but reddrops is easily doable with 2 gigas and a yuty, i agree on that, purple on the other hand... :D

only time you will get problems with a reddrops is if a giga spawns, then just run^^

You know that corrupted Gigas cannot do bleed damage, so they are pretty easy to kill, right?

5 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

Its single player but I have max difficulty override 5 and single player settings off so it matches official servers.  How high of levels were you facing, because Im pretty sure red caps off at 300 and legendary caps off at 500 and that matches pretty much what I've been facing.  Not to mention creatures are random, since Gigas can spawn on red drops according to the wiki. 

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Orbital_Supply_Drop_(Extinction)

Something isn't matching right then because like I said earlier, we were getting 5-6 wyverns per wave, along with alpha trikes, and I know we saw a 314 wyvern at the very least (and most of the other dinos were around that iirc).     Maybe it scales with the number of players or tames present, or something's off when you try to make it not single player settings <shrug>

1 minute ago, Migol said:

Something isn't matching right then because like I said earlier, we were getting 5-6 wyverns per wave, along with alpha trikes, and I know we saw a 314 wyvern at the very least (and most of the other dinos were around that iirc).     Maybe it scales with the number of players or tames present, or something's off when you try to make it not single player settings <shrug>

Here is a video of me attempting a legendary OSD, with multiple wyverns and 450 plus creatures and I made it to the third round before they blew the drop, so I stand by my point that imprinted gigas are the way to go for red drops, and it wasn't wyverns that stopped me, it was reapers pushing me away.

Oh I'm not saying that Gigas are bad for drops or anything, we used them too.    Just that a solo giga, on multiplayer official...I don't see that happening, even with an imprint, the wyverns would just nuke it too much.     Maybe if you bred for a while, or more likely before that happened they opened up transfers so bred lines with huge stats could be brought in.

Right now though, just like on Bossfights it feels like the Yuty buff is essential, and the managarmar/snow owl slows and freezes help a ton, as does the owl healing between rounds.    Again, the gigas were definitely our big guns but we gave them a lot of support.

39 minutes ago, Migol said:

Oh I'm not saying that Gigas are bad for drops or anything, we used them too.    Just that a solo giga, on multiplayer official...I don't see that happening, even with an imprint, the wyverns would just nuke it too much.     Maybe if you bred for a while, or more likely before that happened they opened up transfers so bred lines with huge stats could be brought in.

Right now though, just like on Bossfights it feels like the Yuty buff is essential, and the managarmar/snow owl slows and freezes help a ton, as does the owl healing between rounds.    Again, the gigas were definitely our big guns but we gave them a lot of support.

The very beginning of that video has four wyverns trying to melt us and my imprinted giga wipes the floor with them and most of them are 300 plus, so I don't understand how you are trying to say that imprinted gigas can't handle the drop.  What is the most you have every seen in a wave, because I've ran into 6 in one wave before and they couldn't stop me.  I doubt the red drops even on servers have dinos over level 400 which i handled in the legendary OSD video.

This is from the legendary OSD video.

wyverns.jpg

On 11/21/2018 at 4:24 PM, RipRavage said:

The very beginning of that video has four wyverns trying to melt us and my imprinted giga wipes the floor with them and most of them are 300 plus, so I don't understand how you are trying to say that imprinted gigas can't handle the drop.  What is the most you have every seen in a wave, because I've ran into 6 in one wave before and they couldn't stop me.  I doubt the red drops even on servers have dinos over level 400 which i handled in the legendary OSD video.

This is from the legendary OSD video.

wyverns.jpg

Yeah again, I've done purple drops now too, and something is very different on your single player than on multiplayer.    You have lower levels (we were in the 500s for enemies), and far more importantly we had -WAY- more dinos to deal with.      You have room to maneuver there and because of that you're able to deal with the wyverns by backing up and keeping them in front of you.     We used the ice titan and it was completely surrounded and swarmed with them dodging in between its legs.     I would say probably 5-10x the number of dinos were appearing, with higher levels and several alpha rexes (those actually managed to get the ice titan down about 10%).        

Not trying to disparage your skill or anything, just saying it's a completely different ball of wax on official multiplayer.  

@RipRavage - you have posted that video numerous times now in different threads. 

Its great that you can do that in your unofficial but as many people have suggested here, those little changes you have made - make big differences.

OP names four other players to help him, they arent going to get imprinted Gigas in a day or so so please bear this in mind they are asking for some help that can be achieved.

OSD's are hard, purple and red are pretty insane so unless there are many players heading over and/or you have a good set of dinos you are going to struggle this early into extinction.

It might be worth allying up with some tribes so you can all take a load of good dino's over together. Otherwise farm the lower OSDs, get a Gacha and attempt to get some good saddles and gear up your Rexes etc.

Good luck

15 hours ago, Anarki said:

@RipRavage - you have posted that video numerous times now in different threads. 

Its great that you can do that in your unofficial but as many people have suggested here, those little changes you have made - make big differences.

OP names four other players to help him, they arent going to get imprinted Gigas in a day or so so please bear this in mind they are asking for some help that can be achieved.

OSD's are hard, purple and red are pretty insane so unless there are many players heading over and/or you have a good set of dinos you are going to struggle this early into extinction.

It might be worth allying up with some tribes so you can all take a load of good dino's over together. Otherwise farm the lower OSDs, get a Gacha and attempt to get some good saddles and gear up your Rexes etc.

Good luck

They didn't say, hey we want to do drops today, they said we want tips for drops, and the best tip is to start breeding gigas.  If they have four people that means they can have four mate boosted imprinted gigas ready in one week to do as many drops as they need, even if the difficulty is harder.  This map has decent giga spawns near the Snow zone and it isn't out of the question to start catching and breeding them to have them ready for drops down the line.

• 2 weeks later...

I have ten velanos: 6h ,7m and 7stam they are beast I got tips off a youtube une vid for there muts. I have a yuty level 150 Wild it is beast. I have a mutated mugnamar for airiwl view. Lately I have been using rexes argents and a few wyverns all acsendent saddles were handle them no prob what so ever. If you would like tips I can give a few for solo rounds I do most solo with my friend on split screen. 

Archived