Titans seem to be starving in singleplayer? Working as intended?

EmberStar

1 hour ago, Scrysis said:

You soloed them on official?

(Also, you don't happen to have ESL?)

Oh no, i thot me talking bout my settings wud make it obv im not on official lol.  Ik the bosses on official r tougher thn the sp or dedi bosses.  But a team of 18 100% imprinted bred spinos/rex/theriz (take ur pick) with a dao and a yuty to heal and buff can(depending on the boss and lvl of breeding) handle most things.  Its time consuming as heck but its doable.  Obv i sped the process up with maturation and incubation bc it just takes to long.  Now on official it only impossible bc no1 is rly gna want to spend all tht time breeding urself into a coma XD

1 hour ago, Onimusha759 said:

Oh no, i thot me talking bout my settings wud make it obv im not on official lol.  Ik the bosses on official r tougher thn the sp or dedi bosses.  But a team of 18 100% imprinted bred spinos/rex/theriz (take ur pick) with a dao and a yuty to heal and buff can(depending on the boss and lvl of breeding) handle most things.  Its time consuming as heck but its doable.  Obv i sped the process up with maturation and incubation bc it just takes to long.  Now on official it only impossible bc no1 is rly gna want to spend all tht time breeding urself into a coma XD

Then you missed the point of my post.  The point of my post was that single player settings allow individuals and extremely small groups of people to do some of the end game activities.  Single player settings are what allow you to solo bosses.  Single player settings are what allow my small group of friends to do activities.  You can go into the ini file and turn off single player settings.

On 11/20/2018 at 12:52 PM, EmberStar said:

So a little while ago a patch nerfed the new Titans.  I'm guessing the intent was to put more limits on them for online play and especially PVP.  But it seems like some of the changes are affecting them in Singleplayer.  I was watching a video by someone who plays in singleplayer mode, and they opened the stats for a GMSummoned Forest titan.  And it looked like it was losing food.  I'm wondering if the "stops regaining health an hour after being tamed" might not also be affecting singleplayer. 

Given how hard it probably is to tame a Titan in singleplayer, is it on purpose that it's no longer a permanent tame?  (Because if it eventually starves and/or dies of accumulated damage, it's kind of *not* permanent.)  Or is this just a case of "changes were made for PVP, and no one cared what it does to singleplayer mode?"

So I just tamed my first Ice Titan and I think I've figured out what the issue is.  When my titan tamed out he was a Beta Ice titan, and he would get food from stuff in his inventory when fed, however upon restarting the game and reloading into the map he went from being a "Beta Ice Titan" to simply being "Ice Titan" and lost around 20,000 HP from his HP stat.  There also seems to be another glitch where the standard "Ice Titan" can gain XP and levels, bringing up a level up message on the screen, but none of his stats can be pumped.  This really needs to be looked at and fixed.

18 hours ago, Scrysis said:

Then you missed the point of my post.  The point of my post was that single player settings allow individuals and extremely small groups of people to do some of the end game activities.  Single player settings are what allow you to solo bosses.  Single player settings are what allow my small group of friends to do activities.  You can go into the ini file and turn off single player settings.

Y did u bring up official if ur not on an official server either?  Since ur on a dedi thn u cud just boost maturation and incubation lik i did instead of boosting ur dinos stat growth and xp gain.  Im pretty certain theres actually a few more things that setting messes with and its all unnecessary evn if ur solo.  Within a week of breeding without hving server time flow wen ur offline i hv a team bred tht im pretty certain can take gammas.  So no, the setting isnt needed and anything u may want from it, lik boosted tame speed and boosted breeding u can do separately without cheating their stats, growth, or engram points.

1 hour ago, Onimusha759 said:

Y did u bring up official if ur not on an official server either?  Since ur on a dedi thn u cud just boost maturation and incubation lik i did instead of boosting ur dinos stat growth and xp gain.  Im pretty certain theres actually a few more things that setting messes with and its all unnecessary evn if ur solo.  Within a week of breeding without hving server time flow wen ur offline i hv a team bred tht im pretty certain can take gammas.  So no, the setting isnt needed and anything u may want from it, lik boosted tame speed and boosted breeding u can do separately without cheating their stats, growth, or engram points.

You, yourself, pointed out that you soloed bosses with the benefit of the singleplayer settings.  Without singleplayer settings, you'd have really low harvest rates, breeding rates, growth rates, etc, engram points (seriously, you wouldn't be able to afford anything by yourself).  You kind of negate your own argument of saying that you soloed things and you could easily do it without singleplayer, but you're using singleplayer settings to do said soloing.  Hypocrite much?

I remember before singleplayer settings were implemented.  I had to manually code and guess a lot of things when typing stuff out.  Singleplayer does that for you, and is NOT cheating.  WC has mentioned before that singleplayer settings are intended for solo players or for extremely small tribes of a few people.  If you want to be "pure", go recreate your work on an official server.

39 minutes ago, Scrysis said:

You, yourself, pointed out that you soloed bosses with the benefit of the singleplayer settings.  Without singleplayer settings, you'd have really low harvest rates, breeding rates, growth rates, etc, engram points (seriously, you wouldn't be able to afford anything by yourself).  You kind of negate your own argument of saying that you soloed things and you could easily do it without singleplayer, but you're using singleplayer settings to do said soloing.  Hypocrite much?

I remember before singleplayer settings were implemented.  I had to manually code and guess a lot of things when typing stuff out.  Singleplayer does that for you, and is NOT cheating.  WC has mentioned before that singleplayer settings are intended for solo players or for extremely small tribes of a few people.  If you want to be "pure", go recreate your work on an official server.

U dnt gt 2 b a jerk, and i nvr said i use the settings.  I said i dont use them.  In singleplayer mode the only adjustments iv made r to maturation, incubation, dino food drain(so to keep me from cheating amount of resources i need but speed up tame time.  Con: ur dinos eat more 2), and tame speed to allow perfect taming of certain dinos tht u cant evn with kibbles which is bs.  I dnt tuch harvest, xp, or the actual dino stats.  With those settings, and all by myself, iv killed bosses and built every industrial item plus the replicator.  The things i adjusted also wernt changed bc im alone, i feel there bs hw long they take in general for any game mode.  I do aggree with some of the sp settings boosts but the xp, harvest, and dino stat boosts r deal breakers so i dnt use the setting.  All iv adjust is sitting for hours twittling my thumbs.  I hvnt cheated the power of my dinos stats, or the speed at which we(dinos and self) gained pwr or resources.  Its not tht hrd to gather enuf stuff without boosting ur pwr or harvest.  Theres a dif between correcting wc mistakes thus making the game liveable for small tribes or soloers, and flat out cheating.  Xp, engrams, harvest and dino stat boosts is the latter.

Bosses are certainly solo-able, I last did alpha broodmother, we went in with 3 people and 2 of us got dropped out right away without doing anything, the 3rd sat there with a frozen screen until the broodmother was dead, 15 theri's soloed alpha brood and since 2 players dropped and the other froze nobody was controlling the dinos they did it all by themselves

Archived