Question About Structure Decay

Rakkasan

Due to some odd and sad circumstances I am now the de-facto leader of a tribe of 10, and only myself and a friend play anymore on our server. I have inherited a large base and many tames, for which I am very thankful. However it is a lot to maintain. So one thing I need to figure out quickly is the matter of structure decay, particularly as it pertains to walls.

To keep things up to date how close do I have to be? I'm not even really sure what to ask. Could someone shed some light on this please? Thank you.

- Rakkasan

At minimum, you have to be in close proximity to structures.  I had half of a revival pen despawn, even though I walk past one side of it twice a day and it is 5x5 foundation size.  So now I try to go inside it and around it every day.  I would guess you have to be present within a couple foundation widths every 7 days.  I do not think visualizing helps. I do what Phantomkami says and go around on a fast dino rubbing against walls, etc every few days.

For structures that are connected (or structures like the Smithy/storage boxes/etc. placed on top of them) you either need to interact with one of the connected objects (open a door/window/hatch) or step on a foundation. For disconnected items like signs and spike walls you need to step on a foundation near (within a short radius) of them or you can look at them, although since they don't snap it's best to just have them near to something you typically walk on.

20 minutes ago, WarDrumBecca said:

For structures that are connected (or structures like the Smithy/storage boxes/etc. placed on top of them) you either need to interact with one of the connected objects (open a door/window/hatch) or step on a foundation. For disconnected items like signs and spike walls you need to step on a foundation near (within a short radius) of them or you can look at them, although since they don't snap it's best to just have them near to something you typically walk on.

Thank you Becca! Have a very Happy Thanksgiving!

(And please, go ahead and activate the winter update for me, on my phone, and nobody else for now. That way I can tame all the otters, everywhere! Mine! Alll mine! Oh. Guess you'll need to drastically increase my tame slots too. Ah well. Sacrifices, sacrifices. But it''s ok. It's all for the otters. They'll all be happiest with me. Rofl! ;) )

otters-family-tame us.jpg

Total noob question here... is this structure decay (mobile) that you are talking about only happen in multiplayer? I only play single player and I have bases all over the place , some that I don’t go to for weeks, and I’ve never seen any loss or decay.  

‘Is that because I play every day?  Is it because there is no deacay for single player? 

The reason I want to know is I will be going out of the country in a week, and I will not have access to the game for about a week.  Will all my stuff /bases be effected in any way?

thank you in advance for your replies, and sorry if this is a noob question.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived