Bad and old Pillaring

ZulunSurvives

So I came back for the new DLC and its awesome.

Played the whole weekend on a extinction server and loved it. So on this monday i decided to check out the aberration DLC that i missed.

In the time i've left the game, pillaring was already an issue but manageable, today i tested out 3 aberration servers that are 0/70 or 1/70 and also roamed on " na-pve-900" for more than 45min to not find a single piece of land that is not claimed by pillars on "easy" spawn regions to "hard" ones. Clearly is not very viable to start playing aberration right now and somehow the small playerbase  there is killing those servers (besides the new dlc fever). I'm curious about what WildCard thinks about it, i know that those are reportable issues but its an obivous issue that is getting worse and worse and I fear that pointed moderation by game masters wont solve much.

Yes, pillaring is an issue, but Ill be honest, we did it on Abberation. But we did then move base and pulled down our old one and let everything despawn including pillars. What annoys me is when people have clearly moved location but still keep a section pillared off with no future plans for it. 

Good luck finding a place.

You complain about pillars now but if you stay you will become the evil you preach against.  Trust me.  It all starts with one pillar.  Next thing you know you are doing two or three lines of pillars a day.  You wont be able to stop yourself.  You'll see.  Then who will you judge?  You will be one of us.

There is definitely a good and an evil minion sitting on either shoulder when I start on a server. I pillar off a section for me to build a base and allow a little expansion room, and then I pillar slightly away from my base so others dont block me in, or possibly encroach on my space. I make a point of telling neighbouring players that im pillaring out slightly so if they want to meet me halfway then its fair.

What I detest is pillaring whole areas of space just because people dont want others around - this isnt fair in my opinion. I dont however have any issues with people pillaring off resource gathering areas as long as they dont build on it. 

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that pillars are a necessary evil to a certain point, but clearly a server with 0-1 active players should have a couple of free spots. So far the aberration servers i visited, if there is any free spot it's so deep that hardly a newcomer would find it. Funny thing when the same people who pillars the whole map are the same that complains about people building on resource spawns....

Edit.: Found the issue on extinction/Ragnarok maps too but seems like the cave and enclosed nature of aberration maps made it  achieve another level.

1 hour ago, ZulunSurvives said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that pillars are a necessary evil to a certain point, but clearly a server with 0-1 active players should have a couple of free spots. So far the aberration servers i visited, if there is any free spot it's so deep that hardly a newcomer would find it. Funny thing when the same people who pillars the whole map are the same that complains about people building on resource spawns....

Edit.: Found the issue on extinction/Ragnarok maps too but seems like the cave and enclosed nature of aberration maps made it  achieve another level.

Hey hit me up on 900 bud we Allie up build where I have land:) Apex is tribe name

2 hours ago, Lycan187u said:

Hey hit me up on 900 bud we Allie up build where I have land:) Apex is tribe name

Oh nice, ty mate. I will look for you ?

2 hours ago, Duffmek said:

pillars where u are building is fine imo .. pillaring around the coast up and down rivers is taking the pee - resource nodes is fine saves EVERYONE the area

Yeah. the irony of it is if you pillar everywhere(specially the beginner's areas) people will do whatever it takes to stabilish theriselves like killing a couple of resource spawns or hugging someone else gates. 

On our server pillaring is punishable , due to our low population pillaring isnt really needed we have a unwritten agreement on resources,  you help your neighbors your neighbors help you . I got 500 narco the other day from someone I barely talk too cause I tossed him a rex I wasnt really happy with .

If you like msg me and i can give you the details we would love to have another active player in our cluster 

Archived