Community Crunch 158: Post-Launch Extinction Updates!

Jen

Please fix extinction its still broken even with the update which you didn't address the more important things like graphics, lag, crashing, the manegarmer getting stuck in the air which is still happening on xbox, titans spawning in the ground, artifacts not spawning, etc. Love your game but it needs some quality of life updates in the worst way

If there's going to be a 20+ GB update for XB1, can u actually give us some new fu**ing servers WC?  Imean seriously y'all killed over 100 servers across the 5 arks, then wiped half the tribes in surviving servers for just playing the game as intended, then giving us a hugely broken map.  As much as I want to defend a small dev for screw ups, the last few months have been total bullpoop.

Edited by GamerXD001
Can't stand self typos

Wildcard i got a suggestion for you about Kiting corrupted dinos in the city add a kill volume (Kill Barrier) that only kills Corrupted dinos so once they enter the city they get destroyed or add some kind of shield that prevents them from getting in if you do that a lot of players will no longer be worried about players kiting corrupted dinos into the city and everyone will be happy but the kiting Tryhards will get angry because of it but i don't care on what they say at least us players will be safe inside the city from corrupted dinos we hate kiting too!.

54 minutes ago, AcexHellhound21 said:

Wildcard i got a suggestion for you about Kiting corrupted dinos in the city add a kill volume (Kill Barrier) that only kills Corrupted dinos so once they enter the city they get destroyed or add some kind of shield that prevents them from getting in if you do that a lot of players will no longer be worried about players kiting corrupted dinos into the city and everyone will be happy but the kiting Tryhards will get angry because of it but i don't care on what they say at least us players will be safe inside the city from corrupted dinos we hate kiting too!.

I agree. We got wiped by 3 wyverns yesterday and our whole tribe quit. People will bring up  “the explorer notes says corrupted dinos can enter the city” but who cares about a storyline. There’s no balance and you can’t even start up again when you have a 300+ wyvern in every corner 

• Like 1

My biggest Issue is that their are tons of spots on the map if you are on foot, the whole screen goes black. If you back up eventually it will come back in but then you are forced to have a dino to ride through this barrier in order to be able to see. It even happened when I fast traveled from the snow biome to a bed in the desert biome. Fix that and I will be a happy little girl.

Im more ticked about the effects of the last update...It shreds the usefulness for all the highend tames of extinction.  U tamed a titan, good job, to bad its absolutely worthless now tht it takes 5x dmg to from wild 1s.  The managarmr is extinctions dragon, but unlike abb this map is open to fliers, but instead of the extinction dragon being given tht lil wiggle room ovr the rockdrake they decide that this already stamina challenged dino needs to hv its stamina usage while it flies to b increased further.  I hvnt got to tame any of these yet and im so darn bummed to hear from YT tht the managarmr has stamina issues and thn wc decides to nerf it further ontop of tht.  Im so bummed about these creatures.  It of been btr just to hav a 5th wyvern type and just ignore titan taming in general.  Darn things r already temporary as it is, thn u take the main use for 2 of them away...

HELP!!
I'm a ps4 player and with the exit of extinction I lost all the disguises I had.
And tried to recover them in many ways but I can not, I had also bought all the costumes of payment apart from the platinum, when I appear I only have the costumes of the season pass.
Please solve it.
ID: guilleXULO Platform: PS4

On 11/19/2018 at 9:02 PM, Weiss said:

On official pve, lvl 300+ wyverns and gigas being kited into people's bases, completely wiping them, is intended? If yes, please say so, so I don't waste more time on the otherwise very cool map.

It's not really possible to find a good base spot high up due to pillars and without flyer. It's not really possible to tame a flyer if you can hardly build a small base that will get wiped the same day anyway.

@Weiss, check out the PvE-specific griefing section of https://survivetheark.com/code-of-conduct/

After years of the forum staff trying to convince us that griefing is allowed, it is finally an explicit inclusion in the game COC.  By point-of-fact griefing -IS- against the rules, and offending tribes will have action brought against them.  I say this because a well-known griefer on my official server was fully dev-wiped after this policy rolled out.  I say THAT with 100% confidence because I have screenshots of a WildCard-emblem-carrying Survivor who straight-up -TOLD- us he was the one that did the deleting of the griefer's base.

Get screenshots bud.  Put a good report together.  WildCard isn't screwing around with PvE griefers anymore.  This is a fantastic thing.  It will open up tameslots, and clear the map of assholes who want to PvP to cause grief but can't stand the looming threat of literally every other player on the server possibly wiping them.

*About saying the phrase "PvP to cause grief"* - I understand that in PvP your base, defenses, and tames are open-targets, and you accept this by playing on a PvP server.  But part of the fun for a lot of people is knowing they are pissing other players off while they destroy all their stuff (PvP to cause grief), and that is just weird.  From my experience some of these people don't last on PvP because they become huge targets, so they come to PvE to push the envelope on griefing so they can feel like a faux-alpha.

• Like 1

So right after the update I was able to get back on my island prim plus server and was thrilled!! I had to log out for a couple hours and when I went to go back.. there were NO servers available? Is this just me?! It’s STILL that way.. I went from only being able to play ab, to all servers, to none! Help !! Please update us WildCard! 

When are we gonna be able to bring our wyverns am tired of people kiting wyverns on are server I don’t who is doing it i had to get the wyvern our the city and I lost my owl because I had to get out it’s not fair I lot of people I have their games because of this  I have a picture but it won’t let me upload it on ur site

Just been able to play more than 30 minuts without server is crashing would be nice. And im petty sure all the people on 646 want to get they Mek back which where deleted from server. i know i would, took me many hours to collect for a Mek. I would rather have waited for this DLC than what we got. I had really hoped for abit smoother start this time.

I have played this game nearly for 2yrs. I have seen the ups and downs. Overall I have been VERY pleased. The game is addicting. I do have to admit games like Conan have been slowly pulling me away- but with the release of Extinction, oh my: its awesome. Thank you Jen, Jat and WC. Thank you Thank you.

• Thanks 1