Community Crunch 158: Post-Launch Extinction Updates!

Jen

Thank you for keeping us updated. I don’t care if thinks take a while or if updates take longer then expected. What I hate is being left in the dark on a game I’m passionate about. I know in development it’s hard to give a deadline. It’s more important to here we’re woking on ____ and hoping to have it done next spring.  

Dont Leave your Fanbase in the dark or alienate the people that have love this game.

4 hours ago, Jigsaw428 said:

Also all the tek mosa bionic skins and quetzal bionics have been removed, from my dinos wearing them and my vaults on official xbox pve. I bought the Tek mosa bionic recently and still to no avail. That one was actually really useful so you can spot the mosa easily in the depths of the oceans. Please bring them back!, I will repaint them, I just want to get them again

PS4 tey

Edited by Maniek

The main issue for pc servers crashing its shocking by the amount of sheer posts that we stated many times now since lauch with servers crashes and its not once or twice a day happens every 30 minutes to 2 hours randomly. Are we getting a clear indication that wildcard doesn't care for its pc database players by avoiding this subject completely.

52 minutes ago, Kizzy said:

The main issue for pc servers crashing its shocking by the amount of sheer posts that we stated many times now since lauch with servers crashes and its not once or twice a day happens every 30 minutes to 2 hours randomly. Are we getting a clear indication that wildcard doesn't care for its pc database players by avoiding this subject completely.

not just pc xbox official servers do it to

On 11/19/2018 at 8:02 PM, Weiss said:

On official pve, lvl 300+ wyverns and gigas being kited into people's bases, completely wiping them, is intended? If yes, please say so, so I don't waste more time on the otherwise very cool map.

It's not really possible to find a good base spot high up due to pillars and without flyer. It's not really possible to tame a flyer if you can hardly build a small base that will get wiped the same day anyway.

^^^^ THIS! I'm playing on official PVE and we've had  kited lvl 300+ wyverns into our base multiple times per day and while we've been successful at taking them down, these same cannot be said for other tribes. We've done our best to wyvern-proof the second floor glass atrium where we are located but the very top along one side has a nice hole due to wildcards stupid "too high above ground" limitation for building.

I know multiple tribes who have filed tickets with proof of who is doing this, but none of them have received a reply let alone a matter solved. I would think ticket times would be better now with those recently added enforcement scout GM's.

12 hours ago, Roman7 said:

in the forest cave on xbox, my rex fell in some holes and almost got lost in the void, so i cryoed it to save it, please fix those holes

Clever, I had a Giga get stuck in the swamp on Island. After a few days being stuck I was able to build a ramp in front and wiggle him free. Using  a Pokeball is smart.

keball

On 11/19/2018 at 11:51 PM, GingaSwag said:

When are you going to fix the Wyvern and rock drake eggs not spawning/not being being visible it is really annoying. My tribe was trying to get some and we spent hours looking and found nothing. THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED ASAP!!!!

I heard if you use a whip on the empty nest it may be there or not. Or if u just press Y(on Xbox) in the nest you may pick one up. I've been having trouble too but so of my tribemates has been somewhat successful like that. 

• Volunteer Moderator
5 hours ago, Cerridwen56 said:

Y'all should figure out how you broke the anky on xbox ? My anky was collecting berries with RT and obsidian with LT while still collecting those resources with their normal buttons 

This was fixed in patch v780.10. Make sure you are up to date on client and server.

Even after yesterday's patch, primitive + structures and engrams are completely missing from the Prim+ DLC.  So Prim+ basically doesn't exist.  Will you be discontinuing the DLC or fixing it? Please keep us in the loop as there are people who are paying your partner Nitrado for prim+ severs. The optics are so bad right now for your support of player run servers which you are pushing through Nitrado.  

138279282_ScreenShot2018-11-21at9_36_35a.m..thumb.png.d045e83b44d9728a805f01da5adc3d1a.png

I run a private dedicated pve server, with about 7 people, and the issues that have persisted beyond the patch are just SO frustrating. I literally can't see my dinos unless I get close and wait for them to pop into render, and that's just ridiculous, I haven't seen it discussed NEARLY enough. I have different hopes playing a game I can barely see. When we do a drop encounter on extinction the graphics seem unable to handle how intense the battles get, latency and dinosaurs spawning on our heads, terrain moving around, getting dropped out of the game/ having the game itself crash. Welost dinosaurs in the city die to meteor strikes, server rollbacks. To be honest, ark has always been jenky, mostly it was an amusing quirk but the actuality is that they keep releasing unfinished/broken content, and scramble to fix it for months (in some cases a year) after it's already released late (typically) while giving no clear timelines for fixes while we essentially pay them to be beta testers. If you can't pull off what you're trying to sell, keep it to yourself until it's finished, wildcard. What absolute garbage coming from a company who created such an amazing game, and it's worth the wait, if you actually get what you're told you're paying for. Get your act together, you look like fools.