Community Crunch 158: Post-Launch Extinction Updates!

Jen

Fantastic map design with some interesting concepts. On our PvE server the wave drops have encouraged cooperation.

It's a shame the experience has been largely corrupted by the constant crashes and rollbacks, not to mention the nuclear light effect bug that I've never seen brought up by anyone. A lot of people are upset by the high level dinos invading, but personally I see it as part of the challenge of the map. Turrets. Turrets everywhere.

Corrupt dinos kiting is a huge problem in PvE where we have to set up defenses like in PvP with several layers of behemoth gates with plant X and velona turrets at each layer or have someone stay behind at base 24/7 with Giga and Mana ready to fight. They kite 2-3 wyverns or bring gigas and reapers in the city (sanctuary) and do wipes and then loot bases that can't be defended. We try to fight together to keep each other safe and report, but they just get away scott free for more than 2 weeks now. A lot of people left the server already.

Edited by Paroxyde

Regarding the center missing terrain on PS4... 

terrain is certainly missing but terrain has also been added is certain areas , particularly in caves and ruins. We can't access our replicator within base right now as the ruin archway entrance is completely sealed off. 

The turret count range is also a major issue I know a lot of tribes are having on PS4 small tribes. Everyday the turret count is presenting different numbers (with absolutely zero modifications to the bases). I'm hoping this is attributed to the modified terrain because this is leaving sections of bases vulnerable when they shouldnt be. 

On 11/12/2018 at 8:38 PM, ScoutBeta said:

We're sorry to say that we are unable to take action at this time as we do not provide support for our legacy/deprecated servers. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you for the report.

6 hours ago, Weiss said:

On official pve, lvl 300+ wyverns and gigas being kited into people's bases, completely wiping them, is intended? If yes, please say so, so I don't waste more time on the otherwise very cool map.

It's not really possible to find a good base spot high up due to pillars and without flyer. It's not really possible to tame a flyer if you can hardly build a small base that will get wiped the same day anyway.

Here you have it, this was the answer I got.

Officials are NOT being checked up, no matter wich one. WC has made rules, wich they break instantly theirselves. Cheaters, griefers, a-holes can do whatever they want. WC does NOT give 1 single crap about players on officials. Nada. 

I also have about 30 mails on this subject, all of different players, all with the same answer.

Stop playing officials, its harsh I know, but WC really don't care about you or all you lost.

I usually don’t get very frustrated when it comes to issues on ARK but with it being over 5 days of my server being down, all I’m told is that it’s “not working.” I honestly don’t know why I play this game sometimes, especially the Primitive Plus mod. So little effort is put into it, every single time there’s an issue it persists 2 months minimum. This really pushed me to the brink. I assume all of my dinos and structures are fine during all of this, as I have told all the people who have to ask me why the server is gone and if everything will be okay as far as timers and starvation, because we are just left in the dark. Just don’t play Primitive Plus. I’ve put tons and tons of hours into this game 90% of it being on Primitive because I dislike the whole robots/aliens/tek themes. But when you’re constantly feeling like you’re not cared about or communicated with even in the slightest by the people who you support by playing their game so much,  you really begin to ask yourself why even waste your time supporting them anyway? Hoping everyone does enjoy the new content, I’m aware a lot of effort is put into it, but you definitely can’t say the same is done for us Primitive players. 

Taking in consideration issues such as bugs and gameplay design flaws, I can tell without a doubt this DLC was not tested long enough and WC just released buggy content hoping we, player, will let that slide... I'd like to remind WC this is not Early Access for over a year. Nothing much improved in quality of product or aproach to the game development post launch. WC, you could have invested money in paid QA testers at least.

When can we expect asian servers so EU (PvE) servers aren't full of [][][][] and unaccountable players? So many toxic chinese players who are constantly luring or purposely blocking people or blocking spawns with foundations and no way to tell who is who. Don't want to spend half my Ark time on reporting and the other half on dealing with corrupted giga's/lvl 300+ wyverns being lured into sanctuary.

Funny how you guys even bother bringing out another community crunch with the broken game/servers the community is dealing with right now. How even dare you work on something else then server stability getting the lvl 300+ wyverns despawned when they are out of range of the drop they are spawned with.

WIldcard didn't learn a thing from past DLC's nor the long Early Access - it's a shame to call yourself Game Studio, to serve customers such a disappointment.

How does it feel to disappoint so many people on a daily basis?

• Like 1

Also all the tek mosa bionic skins and quetzal bionics have been removed, from my dinos wearing them and my vaults on official xbox pve. I bought the Tek mosa bionic recently and still to no avail. That one was actually really useful so you can spot the mosa easily in the depths of the oceans. Please bring them back!, I will repaint them, I just want to get them again

7 hours ago, Paroxyde said:

Corrupt dinos kiting is a huge problem in PvE where we have to set up defenses like in PvP with several layers of behemoth gates with plant X and velona turrets at each layer or have someone stay behind at base 24/7 with Giga and Mana ready to fight. They kite 2-3 wyverns or bring gigas and reapers in the city (sanctuary) and do wipes and then loot bases that can't be defended. We try to fight together to keep each other safe and report, but they just get away scott free for more than 2 weeks now. A lot of people left the server already.

Upvote