Wildcard Stance on ppl Stealing Element from Viens

bigfishrob

Its about the value of the resource to an individual basically. if it were something mundane then people would wait their turn and even ask they other person if they are done or had enough element. but when its something of high value or rare then u see a breaking down of society. stealing, fighting over the rare resource, etc etc. (generally just bad behavior) but then of course people have different back grounds so an object can have different value to two different individuals. well my point is that when u have people from a poorer society the culture or norm of that society is to fight and claw for everything little scrap of an item. but when people live in a society with an abundance of consumption there is less value for objects  

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Austin304 said:

Kinda sounds like you do condone it.....

Just remember, if they are willing to steal your element, they will be willing to kite stuff to you too

Any possible solutions to this will affect PvP battles for it, WC love their PvP too much to change something for the sake of PvE if it will affect negatively affect PvP. If WC cared about people not stealing loot, they would've made it so only the tribes that complete OSD can access the drop's inventory rather than ejecting it to the ground for anyone to steal.

As far as I know, the OSD is not in question here and from my experience last night joining someone who was doing an OSD. I was not able to access the OSD on PvE after joining late.

This is about the Veins only and not the OSD.

Secondly, they can have a condition check to see if the game is PvE or PvP, it is not that hard to do extra logic for one mode over another.

16 hours ago, Zayisha said:

So you are telling me that generation 1990+ lacks the ability to think outside the box/creativity/outsmart others. Can't say i'm surprised.
It's not MY job to give YOU sollutions to your problems. That's your cup of tea. Btw. finding solutions to such challenges is called skill.
I had mine and i solved them.

But some more Ideas:
1. If you don't like it, don't do the veins. there...: no more "stealing" from you.
2. Switch Roles: let others defend them. Get YOUR Share after they finish.

Btw, you are still ignoring the fact, that no one is stealing from you. or is your name imprinted on one of those veins? if they are faster it is theirs. You experienced that first hand.

And one more solution you may like:
Simply give everyone a 5 Seconds Warning who enters the Node (in progress or just finished). And if they don't turn around and leave, they get flagged for PvP.
Then you can defend "your" supposed property (if you have the skills that is).
BAM, problem solved.

Edit: Have you even thought of a diplomatic solution?

Invite your "thieves" to participate during the encounter and give them a fair share.
give a good example to other tribes/players on your servers. make up your own CoC.
And if others violate them, give them sanctions. don't talk to them, don't help them, do not trade with them (aka trade embargo).
Use the PvE limitations to give them a hard time on the server... etc. etc. etc.

You are literally just a troll. The ppl doing this stuff are not reasonable and within rules, you cant do anything about it. Needs to be addressed or allow some pvp functions, ie remove kiting back off the banable list. Or enact some form of loot locking ability. 

13 hours ago, CyberAngel67 said:

As far as I know, the OSD is not in question here and from my experience last night joining someone who was doing an OSD. I was not able to access the OSD on PvE after joining late.

Secondly, they can have a condition check to see if the game is PvE or PvP, it is not that hard to do extra logic for one mode over another.

The osd just spew the loot. People just go in with a whip and steal all the loots you worked for, it's not in a container or anything, and it just throw it at 3-4 locations in different direction and at different distance...

14 hours ago, CyberAngel67 said:

Its possible for some thief to swoop in and steal your loot from OSD after completing when the loot is ejected.

I was referencing the OSD as an example of how they could hve easily shown whether they care about loot stealing or not, the fact that they made it easy to steal OSD loot after it is ejected shows they do not care.

Thirdly, no they do not. All of the game is based from PvP, PvE is literally PvP with player vs player damage and other things turned off to prevent trolling. The game was designed with ONLY PvP in mind, PvE exists only because people showed interest in it ad WC had an easy enough way to make it happen(host a private server through Nitrado, you will see all of the things you can turn on/off). WC have nerfed/messed with lots of things because of PvP and it affects the PvE side. Mek is a recent one for example, they nerfed it because it was wiping everyone easily in PvP and now it is way less effective in PvE because of that.

They will not make it so only the tribe that killed the vein/osd dinos, activated the drop, or was present when it was completed because that would affect the PvP side of things and they want to encourage people to fight over the OSD drops and element veins.

I agree the thieves shoul dbe punished somehow, but I dont see an easy way WC can fix it to stop loot stealing.

22 minutes ago, Austin304 said:

Its possible for some thief to swoop in and steal your loot from OSD after completing when the loot is ejected.

I was referencing the OSD as an example of how they could hve easily shown whether they care about loot stealing or not, the fact that they made it easy to steal OSD loot after it is ejected shows they do not care.

True, but it is fr easier to not eject it when other players are around.

Thirdly, no they do not. All of the game is based from PvP, PvE is literally PvP with player vs player damage and other things turned off to prevent trolling. The game was designed with ONLY PvP in mind, PvE exists only because people showed interest in it ad WC had an easy enough way to make it happen(host a private server through Nitrado, you will see all of the things you can turn on/off). WC have nerfed/messed with lots of things because of PvP and it affects the PvE side. Mek is a recent one for example, they nerfed it because it was wiping everyone easily in PvP and now it is way less effective in PvE because of that.

PvE and PvP was introduced at the same time, while PvP seems to be a higher focus, that doesn't make PvE any less an after thought either.

I am also very well aware of all the settings that one can  use to Configure Ark, but that doesn't make it any more PvP focused. ORP was introduced into PvE servers because of the griefing and backlash from the community.

But OSD's are not in question here, because if there is another player around not in your tribe or an Alliance, then you simply just do not eject the items.

They will not make it so only the tribe that killed the vein/osd dinos, activated the drop, or was present when it was completed because that would affect the PvP side of things and they want to encourage people to fight over the OSD drops and element veins.

I agree the thieves shoul dbe punished somehow, but I dont see an easy way WC can fix it to stop loot stealing.

I don't see how it would affect the PvP side, it is extremely simple to put conditions into the game, you even mentioned that the INI settings are extensive enough to make changes to the game, these are called conditions and they can be the same conditions that could be added to the PvE side without affecting the PvP side.

You would need to be  developer to maybe understand that, but trust me, they could very easily make changes that can only affect PvE or even a setting that can be switched on or off that could affect whatever the Server Admin chooses for it to effect.

On Wednesday, November 21, 2018 at 9:17 AM, CyberAngel67 said:

True, but it is fr easier to not eject it when other players are around.

PvE and PvP was introduced at the same time, while PvP seems to be a higher focus, that doesn't make PvE any less an after thought either.

I am also very well aware of all the settings that one can  use to Configure Ark, but that doesn't make it any more PvP focused. ORP was introduced into PvE servers because of the griefing and backlash from the community.

But OSD's are not in question here, because if there is another player around not in your tribe or an Alliance, then you simply just do not eject the items.

I don't see how it would affect the PvP side, it is extremely simple to put conditions into the game, you even mentioned that the INI settings are extensive enough to make changes to the game, these are called conditions and they can be the same conditions that could be added to the PvE side without affecting the PvP side.

You would need to be  developer to maybe understand that, but trust me, they could very easily make changes that can only affect PvE or even a setting that can be switched on or off that could affect whatever the Server Admin chooses for it to effect.

PvE was added after, way before console launch, wasnt it?

Edit: Meant to phrase that as a question.

Creative idea. If within the area of veins/orbital drops pvp can take place on PvE

That gives you the chance to defend it, steal it, but only if in that radius. 

This makes it a bit of an even playing field against leeches. 

If someone mentioned this above, I apologize. It hit me so I skipped ahead to write it. 

7 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Creative idea. If within the area of veins/orbital drops pvp can take place on PvE

If someone mentioned this above, I apologize. It hit me so I skipped ahead to write it. 

Except then you drive people away from servers again, the smaller tribes will be dominated by the bigger tribes and that is not what PvE is about.

10 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Leechers will have an advantage in that PvP as they can choose the time and place to enter that zone to engage. And i can assure you it will be at the most inconvenient moment for those that try to defend the vein/OSD.

4 hours ago, CyberAngel67 said:

Except then you drive people away from servers again, the smaller tribes will be dominated by the bigger tribes and that is not what PvE is about.

1 hour ago, Balteraxe said:

Making pvp elements into pve-servers?

Might aswell make all servers pvp if that's going to be the idea.

Sigh

2 hours ago, DarthaNyan said:

Leechers will have an advantage in that PvP as they can choose the time and place to enter that zone to engage. And i can assure you it will be at the most inconvenient moment for those that try to defend the vein/OSD.

All of these are valid points but with the way things are currently then you risk them harvesting the center node and you getting nothing as opposed to you having a fighting chance of reaping the rewards. 

No perfect solution and open to see other ideas that could actually be implemented. 

1 minute ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

All of these are valid points but with the way things are currently then you risk them harvesting the center node and you getting nothing as opposed to you having a fighting chance of reaping the rewards. 

No perfect solution and open to see other ideas that could actually be implemented. 

I doubt they will change it, but if they do the way I mentioned it above would be that the tribe that initiates the waves is the one who ends up being able to destroy or farm it. Might not be that simple, but it is perhaps the only best way I can think, that would stop trolls.

We tried beating an element vein last night with a giga, a mana and an owl. I don’t see how these are beatable until we get four more gigas or can transfer our bred lines in. Wave 3 we saw five wyverns come in that tore our giga up. We got them killed with 5k HP left on the giga and high tailed it out of there. 

1 hour ago, flamron said:

We tried beating an element vein last night with a giga, a mana and an owl. I don’t see how these are beatable until we get four more gigas or can transfer our bred lines in. Wave 3 we saw five wyverns come in that tore our giga up. We got them killed with 5k HP left on the giga and high tailed it out of there. 

a few enforcers would help there immensely, actually (all Tek creatures do 4x damage to corrupted)

In the mean time, whilst WC look at this issue, do one of three things:

1. Time it when they are not online, we have Asian tribes on our Ext server but we tend to play at different times which is useful.

2. Take the loot when they attempt OSDs

3. (Not recommended) Kite said corrupted to Asians base

I know none of the above are overly helpful but its a start, its annoying but there isnt much else to do currently.

46 minutes ago, Anarki said:

In the mean time, whilst WC look at this issue, do one of three things:

1. Time it when they are not online, we have Asian tribes on our Ext server but we tend to play at different times which is useful.

2. Take the loot when they attempt OSDs

3. (Not recommended) Kite said corrupted to Asians base

I know none of the above are overly helpful but its a start, its annoying but there isnt much else to do currently.

1. Not just one tribe stealing the loot, we made severeal red and purple osd and like 7-8 asian tribe swooped in they are alway on.

2. We are not stealers

3. Thats griefing.

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Wildcard Stance on ppl Stealing Element from Viens

Archived