Need Ideas For Water Encloser

StrayPineapple

I really need help. Recently tamed a squid on the server I’ve been playing on and trying to find a way to protect it. In on the island near 80,80 down south east. I’ve been using the cove and in the process of closing it all off but to sure. Can things like moss’s and that Lockness mister looking thing get in, even without the walls? Is their swim height max to low or what? Any help would be appreciated!!!

I’ve Got my main base on the edge of the big bay in the centre of the southern coast. Even without walling that area off I don’t get anything more than fish coming in there.

i know it’s deep enough to get a megalodon into the bay, but not sure how deep it needs to be at the mouth of the river to get. Squid in there. But if you can get it in there it’s a cool spot for a water base as it’s super easy to block off access. You just need to put in some gates and a few well placed pillars, and leave the rest to nature.

mind you I play solo, might not work for pve, and I’m sure it wouldn’t for pvp.

Anywhere near land that has deep enough water for the larger tames to access would work well. You’re probably best off taking a trip around the whole island and see if you see anything that suits what you’d like to build, everyone’s going to want different things. But some spots to check out would be the massive harbour in the south east, herbivore island, the big southern bay I’m using, around the southwest island over near the red obelisk. And there’s a few good spots on the west coast there too.

best of luck

The frozen waters off of Whitesky Peak, to the West....

Not a good place. Little icebergs in the way (oooo  I wish I could take my hatchet to them!!), no real shallows to speak of. Ugh. But I will not give it up. 2 Eerie turrets are handling the Megs, and that's all that poses a threat. Well, the occasional manta, but the turrets cover that too. :)

Still really hard to park 'em there. Lol.

Archived