“We may revisit that after Extinction”

SaltyMonkey

• Volunteer Moderator
23 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

It's was actually a promise in writing.

From ark digest.

Survivor gaiainruin asks, "Would you consider making classic fliers an option you could check for player dedicated and single player servers?"

We’ll be making all the relevant values INI-and-Host-UI editable during the Dino TLC pass, so you will be able to make the Fliers handle whatever you’d like.

Source: 

Well there you go. Now you can hold their feet to the fire ☺️

1 hour ago, Aylana314159 said:

Isn't that what this what thread is about?

Precisely that. However, the devs did admit they were overzealous about previous promises they made after that digest so it’s possible it won’t ever happen unless they revisit the dino TLC again, so we can argue that point then.

40 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Precisely that. However, the devs did admit they were overzealous about previous promises they made after that digest so it’s possible it won’t ever happen unless they revisit the dino TLC again, so we can argue that point then.

My argument would be to prioritize major discrepancies between steam and console versions. I would guess that the ability to toggle the flyer nerf is probably the most desired settings requested. Maybe it's tied with s+ integration.

But unless WC 100% integrates s+ with all of it's available features and settings, then picks settings for official servers, console players will still have a big discrepancy between the real s+ and a watered down version.

43 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

But unless WC 100% integrates s+ with all of it's available features and settings, then picks settings for official servers, console players will still have a big discrepancy between the real s+ and a watered down version.

I just get this nasty feeling of if and when WC do eventually integrate S+ into the base game we're all going to be severely disappointed. I hope they do a tier styled integration.... but I think thats hoping for too much.

7 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

I just get this nasty feeling of if and when WC do eventually integrate S+ into the base game we're all going to be severely disappointed. I hope they do a tier styled integration.... but I think thats hoping for too much.

I am just hoping that Orionsun keeps the mod version working. Or Ark just might indeed die from a mass exodus.

23 hours ago, d1nk said:

Dude no one but you still cares about flyer nerf

Some folks changed into easy gear and were never able to leave it. No doubt they rue for the days when the game was fair and balanced, when Wverns could zip from one side of the map to the other and back in a few seconds, or when Pteradons could blast past bases before they even rendered, or Quetzals that could de-mine the entire map and then some.

I'm sure the flyer folks are loving the new Owl that comes with inbuilt hacks. Fair and balanced!

8 minutes ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Some folks changed into easy gear and were never able to leave it. No doubt they rue for the days when the game was fair and balanced, when Wverns could zip from one side of the map to the other and back in a few seconds, or when Pteradons could blast past bases before they even rendered, or Quetzals that could de-mine the entire map and then some.

I'm sure the flyer folks are loving the new Owl that comes with inbuilt hacks. Fair and balanced!

The big issue is that nerfs for PvP balance effect PvE as well. Cause WC didn't really create a PvE mode, they just turned off PvP

On 11/19/2018 at 3:04 PM, Aylana314159 said:

Extinction is the end of the story arc.

More Ark or a sequel could be in the future, no one knows.

The final cutscene basically hints at a sequel/continuation of the story

Spoiler

All the Arks land on Earth. Including the corruption and element loaded Abberation. And you hear Rockwell roar as his purple Obelisk lights up in the distance.

Archived