“We may revisit that after Extinction”

SaltyMonkey

3 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Now that Extinction has launched, how long, if ever, do you think it will be until Wildcard revisit the issues raised in their recent digests?

I hope they finally do look at S+. When aberration released they said they would look at s+ in the new year (2018). It seems to me they basically said they would look at it after extinction released. There are many things in that mod that I would love to see on console

5 hours ago, KingGalahad said:

I hope they finally do look at S+. When aberration released they said they would look at s+ in the new year (2018). It seems to me they basically said they would look at it after extinction released. There are many things in that mod that I would love to see on console

They said that they were planning on integrating S+ "Shortly" a year before Ab was released. Just like the Kibble rework. 

8 hours ago, ChargingParacerParacer said:

I'm just waiting to see if they actually release a certain Ini. setting or if that was just one of their lies. It likely was though they already conveniently scrubbed basically all mentions from the search feature when they did mainenance on it that one day.

Dude no one but you still cares about flyer nerf

There was a recent news article including interviews with the Ark devs.

It's as I said above. Extinction is the last of the trilogy (3 part story arc).

There is a quote from the article:

"That means another Season Pass, more free content or even a full sequel are all on the table for 2019 and beyond."

source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/ark-survival-evolved-extinction-dinos-pve-series-future-995874%3famp=1

17 hours ago, d1nk said:

Dude no one but you still cares about flyer nerf

As evident by the number of people using mods to reverse the flyer nerf, it's obvious people care.

The major problem is the discrepancy between steam PC with access to mods and consoles with no access. A setting to toggle flyer speed leveling and settings for stamina by species would make the flyer nerf reversible on consoles.

WC stated that they could add this type of setting. Source:Twitchcon Aberration preview 

So is this another failed promise or just WC inability to tell the truth?

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

There was a recent news article including interviews with the Ark devs.

It's as I said above. Extinction is the last of the trilogy (3 part story arc).

There is a quote from the article:

"That means another Season Pass, more free content or even a full sequel are all on the table for 2019 and beyond."

source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/ark-survival-evolved-extinction-dinos-pve-series-future-995874%3famp=1

Just to note, that quote did not come from the devs. The author of the article said that. Don't take that one to the bank.

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

Which is exactly why I used the word "could".

How exactly are console players supposed to take statements like this?

Well if you've been around the game long enough, you would probably take it as it's not going to happen.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Aylana314159 said:

Meaning that WC cares less about console players (evidence given above).

I wouldn't pretend to be in the heads of other people to know who they do and don't care about. I wouldn't make that assumption. But that's just me. 

All I know is what's happened in the past.

9 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

I wouldn't pretend to be in the heads of other people to know who they do and don't care about. I wouldn't make that assumption. But that's just me. 

All I know is what's happened in the past.

So people and companies shouldn't be judged on what they say compared to what they actually do?

It's human nature to judge. This judgement or opinions formed by us humans is likely to carry on the future purchases. It pays for companies not to make promises (or perceived promises) that they either cannot or will not keep.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Aylana314159 said:

So people and companies shouldn't be judged on what they say compared to what they actually do?

If they say they will do something. Sure, but when they say they could do something, no.

That's not a promise to implement. It's an admission of capability.

It's was actually a promise in writing.

From ark digest.

Survivor gaiainruin asks, "Would you consider making classic fliers an option you could check for player dedicated and single player servers?"

We’ll be making all the relevant values INI-and-Host-UI editable during the Dino TLC pass, so you will be able to make the Fliers handle whatever you’d like.

Source: 

Archived