Unlock Engram Configuration

Olivar

Dear Wildcard,

Me and my friends have purchased all your DLC content.
We play on our own dedicated server because we do not have the time to play on official.
However, due the limitations of our hosting we can only have 2 maps in our cluster running at any given time.
This means we can only unlock Aberration or SE engrams when actually visiting these maps for example, meaning we cannot play on the other maps.

Is there a configuration option that allows me to unlock those engrams for players?
I'm not interested in the admin commands to unlock engrams, nor am I interested in the auto-unlock feature.
I want my server to be configured in such a way that when I meet the requirements for the engram, I can decide to learn it regardless of the map I am on. The requirement should be to have the DLC installed.

34 minutes ago, Olivar said:

Dear Wildcard,

Me and my friends have purchased all your DLC content.
We play on our own dedicated server because we do not have the time to play on official.
However, due the limitations of our hosting we can only have 2 maps in our cluster running at any given time.
This means we can only unlock Aberration or SE engrams when actually visiting these maps for example, meaning we cannot play on the other maps.

Is there a configuration option that allows me to unlock those engrams for players?
I'm not interested in the admin commands to unlock engrams, nor am I interested in the auto-unlock feature.
I want my server to be configured in such a way that when I meet the requirements for the engram, I can decide to learn it regardless of the map I am on. The requirement should be to have the DLC installed.

Edit: I misread your post where you stated you weren’t interested in the auto unlock feature but I’ll leave my post up because it may help others.

There are 2 options for auto unlock, under game.ini;

bAutoUnlockAllEngrams=True

This line will auto unlock all engrams as you level up including DLC locked engrams, however it auto unlocks tekgrams at level 1 because they aren’t level specific.

EngramEntryAutoUnlocks=(EngramClassName="<index>",LevelToAutoUnlock=<value>)

This line will auto unlock a specific engram at a chosen level, useful if you don’t want tekgrams to auto unlock at level 1 so unlock at specific levels instead.

Thanks for the input Salty, I was aware of this, but as I mentioned I don't want them automatically granted at the moment. Just want people on my server to have the option to pick up these engrams if they decide to, without having to be on the maps in question.
From some googling it seems all mods that made this available have been withdrawn, and the documentation on configuration possibilities is severely lacking.

I can understand that Wildcard wants people to play their DLC content, and I'm all for that.
But I also believe we should have way more configuration options for this game....

20 minutes ago, Olivar said:

Thanks for the input Salty, I was aware of this, but as I mentioned I don't want them automatically granted at the moment. Just want people on my server to have the option to pick up these engrams if they decide to, without having to be on the maps in question.
From some googling it seems all mods that made this available have been withdrawn, and the documentation on configuration possibilities is severely lacking.

I can understand that Wildcard wants people to play their DLC content, and I'm all for that.
But I also believe we should have way more configuration options for this game....

I agree. We can use assets from all of the maps but the engrams are still locked to the map? I’d consider removing the auto-unlock feature if the option to learn locked DLC engrams was available. Maybe some day they will create this option but it’s been 2 years since SE came out and still nothing. Ask for your topic to be moved to suggestions, the devs rarely interact but they read most stuff.

Archived