Extinction OSD Replicator Tekgram - Do We Have A Definitive Answer?

Shave

So I, like many, have done some Orbital Supply Drops and gotten the Tekgram for the Replicator. I'm wondering if we have a definitive answer as to whether this is intentional and is bugged or whether it's a mistake and was never meant to drop in the first place. 

I play on Singleplayer and I can't transfer between my maps(Most of the time it fails and nothing is in the Obelisk on the map I'm sending stuff to) so I can't transfer my character from the Island over so I have to rely only on Extinction to get the Tek stuff but if this is a glitch and I was supposed to get the Tekgram to BUILD and USE the Replicator then I've no problem unlocking it via the command. 

Did you put them in the ark tribute tab or the transfer tab of the obelisk? SP transfer is 10 times smoother than MP, I've been transfering between maps in SP a lot and ot works just fine. 

Maybe your playerlocaldata is on read only? It's where it saved what is in the transfer obi for SP but also map exploration, notes discovered (not the xp boost as this is saved with the map) and achievement skins unlocks. 

1 hour ago, Paroxyde said:

Did you put them in the ark tribute tab or the transfer tab of the obelisk? SP transfer is 10 times smoother than MP, I've been transfering between maps in SP a lot and ot works just fine. 

Maybe your playerlocaldata is on read only? It's where it saved what is in the transfer obi for SP but also map exploration, notes discovered (not the xp boost as this is saved with the map) and achievement skins unlocks. 

I'm aware of all the settings on transferring and I've made sure dozens of times they're all set correctly. I've played Ark nearly 3 years now across ps4 and pc playing predominantly Singleplayer and it used to work, but sometimes I'd download a Dino and it wouldn't come down. It would disappear from the ob but wouldn't appear next to me, meaning its gone for good. But now I'm putting items in the ob and going to another map and looking in and there's nothing the. Maybe once in 10 times it'll work but when it doesn't I lose loads of stuff. I've asked on the forums and such and reported it but they don't care about Singleplayer.

2 hours ago, BlackACE said:

The tekgram is on purpose, and you can craft the replicator at a boss summoning platform. It won’t tell you but you should learn it if not it’s glitched.

Do you have any sort of confirmation that the Tekgram is indeed supposed to drop from the OSD's?

Also when you learn it, doesn't the Tekgram in your Engram light up? Mine hasn't, indicating that it hasn't unlocked. Which means even if I could build it, I can't use it. 

EDIT: Nevermind, the link above confirms that you're not supposed to be able to get the Tekgram from an OSD. Shame, it's a neat idea.

Archived