The titans kinda ruin PvP

LaugherOutLoud

Titans are broken and too easy to get. they have completely changed the way you play the game on extinction and not for the better. hiding in stone 2x2s in caves with a 6x6 metal prefabbed in it is no way to play the game.

if i could make any suggestion for how to make them less overwhelming and more fair...
1) add a papers, scissors, rock style format where each titan is weak to one and strong against another. 
2) limit each tribe to one titan on a server. this (paired with the above) would change the nature of titans. Titans are currently a must have for the bigger tribes. This would hopefully make it so that they are a reactionary tame and not one that is kept on a cycle. Whoever tames the first titan would be at an immediate disadvantage because someone else could choose the one that is strong against it.
3) allow all players to know when the titans will be de-spawning.
4) make the titans hard to manage. these are huge creatures after all. titans could give debuffs to nearby allied and friendly tames similar to a Yuty or even have some sort of corruption sickness that they could pass on to nearby dinos almost like the swamp fever of earth.

3 hours ago, ChargingParacerParacer said:

Begging for nerfs ruins all modes IMO. Titans themselves probably are over powered and they were a bad addition to make tameable buttoo many other creatures have got nerfs that don't need it in the name of balance.

im not asking for them to be nerfed realllllly... i dont think their stats need changing or their mechanics i would just like to see them mean something more than a creature that gets retamed every day cause it is too strong to do otherwise. I think adding mechanics in that promote strategic decisions could make them situationally stronger and would also move them to a more dormant tame where a tribe might choose to not have any titans tamed at a given time because they want to tame the correct one to counter a possible enemy titan.
so in my mind these suggestions arent nerfs but buffs if played well.
i cant speak for pve but i dont think many of these suggestions would be appropriate there but im sure its possible to have them separate.

Fair enough and the suggestion are good, They sound creative. 95% of the time though their rebalancing literally is just nerfing strong things because anything deeper than that has been too much effort to care. There have been exceptions though. Assuming more TLCs wasn't just one of their lies they would be a good creature to re-do.

The biggest problem with the Titans, in their current form, is that counter play *to* them in PvP is few and far between.

They need to do something like making tamed Titans take extra damage from, say, Tek projectiles. Possibly a bonus percentage based damage amount when hit by Tek projectiles. Or possibly let the Titans be an avenue to give Wyverns relevance in end game PvP.

Fire Wyverns (And flame effects), deal bonus damage to the Forest Titan. Lightning Wyverns deal bonus damage to the Desert Titan, and I guess Poison Wyvern (and effects) deal bonus damage to the Ice Titan. 

Or something similar. 

Changing their tamed existence from 5 days to 1 day has already dealt a big blow for the PvE community. Zero reasons that was needed for PvE. I probably wont bother to tame one on PvE now, 1 day is not worth the effort imo. Nerfs are usually bad for PvE, like that.

Paper Rock Scissors is a great suggestion! Like Charmander, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, weak to one of the others, and strong against the other. They are already certain types of elements. And has zero negatives for PvE as far as I can tell, because on PvE, tamed titans cannot attack other tamed titans.

15 minutes ago, Ninjasharrk said:

Doesnt a mek hack up titans? But they do need balancing part of the reason I haven't even checked out ex yet 

It's a question of efficiency. Sure, a Mek can deal with a Titan, but a Titan with support is extremely difficult to deal with, as Mek's are ungodly squishy, and impossible to support due to it. 

It's very necessary for things like Titans (Which are tamed, fairly easily, with low investment and no real cost), to have counterplay available in terms of other dinos in order to attempt to keep the resource costs as close to equivalent as possible. Raising a Wyvern is, already, arguably far more work and effort then taming a Titan, so the trade is still in favor of the Titan assuming they trade 1:1 (Which they very likely will at least). 

a mek is pretty decent against titans if you are offlining a passive titan. but i dont think this game needs more incentive to offline. and the big difference between the two is a mek takes alot to get early game and still doesnt match up whereas a desert titan can be tamed by a few snow owls. Another huge issue is that the patch does raptor all. titans are still lasting over 1 day and we had our enemies desert titan heal up from literally 5% hp to now max again. because of the devs inability to even make a statement we have had our tribe holed up in little caves with metal bases prefabbed and are wasting our time waiting for the titan to be removed after they have had it now for 6 days and have used up atleast 2million hitpoints of it because of healing.

i tried to stay optimistic and enjoy this game but the devs dont care. they got their money and now they are killing their game so they can release another and they need to be held accountable for this. the game released over a year ago now and we are still beta testing patchs and dlc. We pretty much got rid of the threat of the enemy tribe at the start of extinction but due to a dodgy patch had a poop ton of corrupted spawn on our base where there werent any before. they wiped us and the enemy tribe scavenged all our poop. then we were given a 3times to 'rebuild' but all it did was mean we had to wait 6 hours to tame a does and argent again giving this enemy tribe ridiculous amounts of time to farm up tek gennys, teleporters, tek turrets. we build up again and end up getting wiped in a 3v25 raid by lvl 100 berry tamed steggos getting spam healed by owls. we just had hidden bases wiped by asian tribes because chinese tribes have decided that only chinese players can build up on OC servers and its just tiring.

if we want any chance at fixing this we need to start calling the ark devs out.

1 minute ago, mysticBWolf said:

well to each their own really

lol not too sure which comment you are reacting to but i just wanted to clarify. at no point did we whinge or complain. we never resorted to calling the chinese tribe racial slurs of any sort. and we dont expect some kind of pick me up or benefit from wildcard. we just want the devs to give us some sort of acknowledgement of what is going wrong and a roadmap so we dont end up wasting our time.

5 hours ago, LaugherOutLoud said:

lol not too sure which comment you are reacting to but i just wanted to clarify. at no point did we whinge or complain. we never resorted to calling the chinese tribe racial slurs of any sort. and we dont expect some kind of pick me up or benefit from wildcard. we just want the devs to give us some sort of acknowledgement of what is going wrong and a roadmap so we dont end up wasting our time.

Good job not being racist ????

I fail to see how allowing players to have a 500k hitpoint tamed creature can ever be fair and balanced. Titanosaurs were well and truly strong enough.

The game didn't need more big OP stuff that makes many other dinos worthless to use and further narrows the possible strategies one might employ in a fight. If I was a developer for instance the Giga would have been on par with the Rex and the Spino. Stronger in some ways weaker in others not out right better in all regards. Adding stuff that is clearly better then other stuff removes variety from the game as players will only use those creatures/tactics at the expense of others. It's bad game design not to mention balance.

The meta of a game should always be varied and dynamic. A game that basically says to its players if you tame Dino A it will beat all the other dinos is rather dull but I digress maybe I don't know anything. Who knows, the developers certainly don't.

3 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

I fail to see how allowing players to have a 500k hitpoint tamed creature can ever be fair and balanced. Titanosaurs were well and truly strong enough.

The game didn't need more big OP stuff that makes many other dinos worthless to use and further narrows the possible strategies one might employ in a fight. If I was a developer for instance the Giga would have been on par with the Rex and the Spino. Stronger in some ways weaker in others not out right better in all regards. Adding stuff that is clearly better then other stuff removes variety from the game as players will only use those creatures/tactics at the expense of others. It's bad game design not to mention balance.

The meta of a game should always be varied and dynamic. A game that basically says to its players if you tame Dino A it will beat all the other dinos is rather dull but I digress maybe I don't know anything. Who knows, the developers certainly don't.

not all dinos should be balanced for pvp tho. some should excel more in pve etc. and a giga is good but it also takes way longer to raise then a rex so their a balances that manifest in other aspects of the game i.e the giga is stronger that the rex but you can easily have alot more rexs. At the moment titans arent really balanced at the moment but that doesnt mean they cant be.

i dont know if it is realistic to expect ark to have a more cyclic meta where each dino has a weakness and strength against another especially compared to its more linear food chain style one which makes more sense realistically. but for dinos that dont match up in fights they always have a strength somewhere else. for example you dont tame a galli to fight a rex you tame it to run away (or kibble). same with an ovis is tamed for its mutton not its mobility or damage output.

• 2 weeks later...

You can observe how absurd Titans are on conquest streams. Most of tribes that were not built in a cave got already wiped.

Doesn't matter if you have 1 tower limit or 3 tower limits if it is tek or heavies - destroyed in SECONDS. You managed to kill Titan? Prepare for another one in few hours. Can you farm another 300 turrets with ammo in few hours? You better could.

Pvp was fun until now. Tactics doesn't apply now. Place a transmitter, upload your Titan and where's the fun? Picking up ammo from hundreds of turrets I guess? Just a bunch of people watching his friend soloing a base on a Titan. No dino can counter a titan, especially when it has cover (and it always has). You can craft few meks, tek rifles and try to kill it. but what's the point when your enemy can bring another in a matter of few hours?

Why is Titanosaur not able to be transferred? It can't fly, jump - it blocks on a piece of a rock unable to move! You have to farm cannonballs to tame it while you get extinction Titans for free. you don't have extinction server - you're nothing.

Titans are OK, but give them a cooldown for taming of at least a week or a way to counter them! Everyone is sitting in a cave waiting for them to be nerfed! One hour of lifetime after downloading (which doesn't work btw) is enough to wipe 2 alpha bases. I was strongly hoping for a nerf when todays patch came out, but nah...

And a flying Titan on Abberation is just absurd.

Aye I guess my tribe can call themselves real survivors, as we're still playing, adapting and waiting for enemy to drop titans on our face.

@WildcardVanilla Everyone who was meant to buy extinction dlc already bought it. It is time to stop.

2 hours ago, NoReason said:

You can observe how absurd Titans are on conquest streams. Most of tribes that were not built in a cave got already wiped.

Doesn't matter if you have 1 tower limit or 3 tower limits if it is tek or heavies - destroyed in SECONDS. You managed to kill Titan? Prepare for another one in few hours. Can you farm another 300 turrets with ammo in few hours? You better could.

Pvp was fun until now. Tactics doesn't apply now. Place a transmitter, upload your Titan and where's the fun? Picking up ammo from hundreds of turrets I guess? Just a bunch of people watching his friend soloing a base on a Titan. No dino can counter a titan, especially when it has cover (and it always has). You can craft few meks, tek rifles and try to kill it. but what's the point when your enemy can bring another in a matter of few hours?

Why is Titanosaur not able to be transferred? It can't fly, jump - it blocks on a piece of a rock unable to move! You have to farm cannonballs to tame it while you get extinction Titans for free. you don't have extinction server - you're nothing.

Titans are OK, but give them a cooldown for taming of at least a week or a way to counter them! Everyone is sitting in a cave waiting for them to be nerfed! One hour of lifetime after downloading (which doesn't work btw) is enough to wipe 2 alpha bases. I was strongly hoping for a nerf when todays patch came out, but nah...

And a flying Titan on Abberation is just absurd.

Aye I guess my tribe can call themselves real survivors, as we're still playing, adapting and waiting for enemy to drop titans on our face.

@WildcardVanilla Everyone who was meant to buy extinction dlc already bought it. It is time to stop.

Lol yeah my tribe was living out of like 7 based hidden around the extinction server we played on. Someone used ESP to find all the bases (only suspect because out of 7 bases that were undiscovered 5 were found and wiped within a 2 hour time period not to mention that out of the 7 bases 2 had no tribe members or tames at them which were coincidentally the only 2 to survive)

• 2 months later...

Titans are the gayest fu ...ckk..iingg  thing, we've been playing for 2 months, 50 heavies, 40 autos, 25 plant turrets, 15 velonosaurs, flame arrows, rpgs, could not deal with a titan that marched in on us at 25% health to begin with. The health bar is very laughable, they might as well call it "invulnerable" My entire screen was red from dead things that died in 1 shot. I can literally scroll for 2 pages and see my tribe log all sumarizing to 2 seconds. Wild card developers are a bunch of fu ...ck...ing.. dumbasses that want to steal peoples money. The titans haven't been tested in the least. The so called "nerf" didn't do a DAMN thing. "Nerfing" is exactly what it needs. Otherwise, peace the fu...ck out ARK, i've played for 3 years and been raided many times and keep "learning from my mistakes" but the truth is, I work full time and I still play a sh ...it.. ton and there's no point in playing pvp. It isn't even PVP anymore, its player vs broken mechanics (gang raping) and there is NO way to defend against. fu..ck you wild card you suck, i would visa dispute if i could, the game was tough enough before extinction. They just want everyone to buy their new Atlas....

Archived