Tek more available they said.

MERCDARKBLADE

So let me get this straight, you’re required to play all the other maps before moving into extinction to have access to tek? That is way beyond having Tek available, and having to move into server with a maxed out character, that’s kind of ridiculous and poor DLC design. I pretty much am having the remainder of my work being handed down to me without a true challenge. What’s the point of this new DLC then you can’t enjoy it if you already have a proper character that can survive most things and for what just engrams that you gain from fighting bosses previously? Then what’s the point of the Titans then? You can tame a flashy raid winning monster, then what lose it and you just simply wasted your time for nothing to gain. I love extinction, the only thing that bothers me is the Tek being said “Being more available” doesn’t seem to be available at all for new players coming to extinction.

I may be wrong, but supposedly you can get TEK blueprints from Orbital Supply Drops which can be used without fighting bosses. Additionally, they might be able to have higher quality but I’m not sure about that.

You do have a point though, it could use work. Maybe have Titans unlock various tekgrams, with the Aberration and Scorched (when they release) ones remaining exclusive to their map and rare OSD rewards so youre still encouraged to do all maps but you don’t need to.

2 hours ago, MERCDARKBLADE said:

So let me get this straight, you’re required to play all the other maps before moving into extinction to have access to tek? That is way beyond having Tek available, and having to move into server with a maxed out character, that’s kind of ridiculous and poor DLC design. I pretty much am having the remainder of my work being handed down to me without a true challenge. What’s the point of this new DLC then you can’t enjoy it if you already have a proper character that can survive most things and for what just engrams that you gain from fighting bosses previously? Then what’s the point of the Titans then? You can tame a flashy raid winning monster, then what lose it and you just simply wasted your time for nothing to gain. I love extinction, the only thing that bothers me is the Tek being said “Being more available” doesn’t seem to be available at all for new players coming to extinction.

They definitely streamlined the accesss to tek and element with how easily engrams and element drops on this map, they just need to fix the bugged replicator drop.  One orbital drop can give you stacks of hundreds of element or element shards, compare that to the island where to get a mere hundred element you have to kill an alpha boss, which you can’t do without taming a Rex army.  You can drop into extinction tame up a moderately strong giga from near the snow dome and gather enough supplies to build a replicator within a few hours.

9 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

They definitely streamlined the accesss to tek and element with how easily engrams and element drops on this map, they just need to fix the bugged replicator drop.  One orbital drop can give you stacks of hundreds of element or element shards, compare that to the island where to get a mere hundred element you have to kill an alpha boss, which you can’t do without taming a Rex army.  You can drop into extinction tame up a moderately strong giga from near the snow dome and gather enough supplies to build a replicator within a few hours.

And how do I gain the normal tek engrams that I have get from the bosses in previous maps?

1 hour ago, MERCDARKBLADE said:

And how do I gain the normal tek engrams that I have get from the bosses in previous maps?

You would have to transfer in for them, but there are multiple tek tier items such as meks, cryopods, tek freezer, and tek grenades which are all available through normal engrams on extinction.  So what they said is true...

Obi-Wan.gif

3 minutes ago, Fes said:
6 hours ago, MERCDARKBLADE said:

Defeating the titans now gives you tekgrams , you can get the complete armor, the rifle, the sword and the Tek generator if you defeat all the smaller ones (King titan doesn't give any engramms to my knowledge)

How did you learn of this?

Archived