[REPORT] CRYOPOD IS OP

Soraquindor

I want to report cryopod it's literally stupid that you can get giganotosaurs and golems into enemy bases without any danger.The biggest problem is that you can get a giganotosaur,golems,etc inside caves and raid them easily this is so stupid,caves are useless now x6 damage and now they can get big dinos into the game ?

The caves are the worst place to build right now for the cryopod

I want to ask for a nerf to cryopod that you cant place big dinosaurs into caves or that you cant get things like golems,giganotosaurs... into the cryopod.

Please fix it.

Try the velona vs Gigas and Golems. Their turret attack is armour piercing and its really OP. Shreds Golems and makes gigas rage quite fast. 

I agree that you should be able to drop big stuff in caves, but the PVP stuff always goes 2 ways. If you're complaining about it but your enemeies aren't then theres a good chance they put in countermeasures for it.

Cryopods solve more and worse problems than ease of base raiding.  They really shouldn't inhibit putting golems and gigas into them.  And I believe there are already restrictions on where you can spawn creatures since the patch notes include at least one instance of it being fixed.  That tells me that they kind of intended for gigas and golems to go into extinction caves?

Try sniping the carriers, if they're getting into your base.  Then you get a free giga!

To me the biggest OP factor of them is the fact you can insert dino's into them and transfer servers without incurring the 12 hour timer. So this allows plp to server hop raiding with no consequences. I would like to see a solid outline of what these are allowed to do and not do. I don't feel like it's cool that you can fly a tame into a base and drop soakers just cause you can.  I think it would be fair to limit these from being useable within a 100 foundation range like the turret limit.  

33 minutes ago, BBP said:

To me the biggest OP factor of them is the fact you can insert dino's into them and transfer servers without incurring the 12 hour timer. So this allows plp to server hop raiding with no consequences. I would like to see a solid outline of what these are allowed to do and not do. I don't feel like it's cool that you can fly a tame into a base and drop soakers just cause you can.  I think it would be fair to limit these from being useable within a 100 foundation range like the turret limit.  

Yeah, I was just talking to a fiend about this. I don't understand why they would even put this into the game. I guess they ran out of "good" ideas for the game, and started to just throw whatever on the drawing board into the list. I would rather them just make the cryopod interact directly with the cryofridge, so that you can only summon a dino through the cryofride, instead of being able to summon dinos just about everywhere. That would help with the tame limit, and stop the OP of the item.

8 hours ago, AVADOX said:

Yeah, I was just talking to a fiend about this. I don't understand why they would even put this into the game. I guess they ran out of "good" ideas for the game, and started to just throw whatever on the drawing board into the list. I would rather them just make the cryopod interact directly with the cryofridge, so that you can only summon a dino through the cryofride, instead of being able to summon dinos just about everywhere. That would help with the tame limit, and stop the OP of the item.

And this is terrible for everyone else.  There are a lot more uses to Cryopods than pvp.

Literally all they have to do is make it so that you can't deploy a dino within X number of foundations of an enemy structure for pvp realms.  They could probably also have a check for the 12 hour transfer timer; that seems like a bug or an oversight.

If the pods were put into the game to help with tame overcrowding on servers why would you give them the ability to transfer servers? I truly think they should bind the pods to the server they were built or found on then. No reason to give the pods the ability to transfer servers because in the current state pvp'ers have nothing to risk and come and go with dino's. 

*another complaint*

I think that turrets are OP because they protect your base and stop people being able to just raid you.

I think Dinos are OP because you can walk or fly long distance without food or water dropping.

I think Walls are OP because they stop me moving forward.

I think Food is OP because you can carry it anywhere and eat it.

I think Water is too available in the ocean part of island map and needs nerfing so u can only drink every 32 minutes.

Please Nerf the ground as it is too op because it means my enemies can walk on it.

Most complaints these days seem stupid. This IMO is another one. The Cryopods are ace and do a great job of making the game new and fun. PvP players will haveto learn new ways of defending, big deal. This game ha always shaken the PvP bag too keep it fresh and this is another example.

Nerfing the Meks was sad because they changed the Meta too but now they dont seem as useful for PvP even tho one main purpose was for pvp. I can live with that.

But Cryopods are great just as they are.

9 hours ago, Leebum said:

*another complaint*

I think that turrets are OP because they protect your base and stop people being able to just raid you.

I think Dinos are OP because you can walk or fly long distance without food or water dropping.

I think Walls are OP because they stop me moving forward.

I think Food is OP because you can carry it anywhere and eat it.

I think Water is too available in the ocean part of island map and needs nerfing so u can only drink every 32 minutes.

Please Nerf the ground as it is too op because it means my enemies can walk on it.

Most complaints these days seem stupid. This IMO is another one. The Cryopods are ace and do a great job of making the game new and fun. PvP players will haveto learn new ways of defending, big deal. This game ha always shaken the PvP bag too keep it fresh and this is another example.

Nerfing the Meks was sad because they changed the Meta too but now they dont seem as useful for PvP even tho one main purpose was for pvp. I can live with that.

But Cryopods are great just as they are.

Completely true

What everyone of you fail to realize or even take into consideration is the 12 hour timer. Why even have the timer if cryopods don't have the same timer? What risk does an attacker take by transferring servers to raid now? To me they take none they can come and go as they please with no consequences.  Where as if I didn't buy extination I still have a timer if I want to raid it seems like a pay to win to me. To me it makes it the most sense to remove the timer and have an even playing field for everyone not reward for plp willing to buy extinction. 

3 hours ago, BBP said:

What everyone of you fail to realize or even take into consideration is the 12 hour timer. Why even have the timer if cryopods don't have the same timer? What risk does an attacker take by transferring servers to raid now? To me they take none they can come and go as they please with no consequences.  Where as if I didn't buy extination I still have a timer if I want to raid it seems like a pay to win to me. To me it makes it the most sense to remove the timer and have an even playing field for everyone not reward for plp willing to buy extinction. 

The reason the timer doesn't exist for cyropods would be for technical reasons. When you take it to a server and then throw it and spawn the dino that dino is a classed as a different entity. They would have to link the two somehow which actually could be done with probably not that much effort if they really cared about balance.

The cryopods have finally freed up most servers for tames and breed, I cant believe that anyone would complain about them at all really yeah sure they can be used as a quick dino grenade on pvp but I am sure given time that will be addressed. But its dam nice to be able too tame and breed again where most servers were maxed out. 

4 minutes ago, Trojanweed said:

They need to be removed and re-done.  The idea is good but balance is way off.  

Ps4 major dupe bug with cryos, saddles are being duped by the thousands.   Every tribe is doing it.  

Just remove them from the game before extinction is dead.   

Nope.avi not going to happen.

I agree the cryos need to be re-designed. The whole original concept of them was to reduce server lag by not having hundreds of dinos sitting around the base. The problem is since these things don't produce eggs while in the fridge it doesn't really fix that problem.

It should be changed so that the fridge has a separate egg inventory. For every cryro dino you place in there it will produce so many eggs per hour based on the type of dino. You could say its magic but so is the whole tek thing so it fits in fine. This would actually have the desired effect of reducing lag on the servers.

Also there needs to be a link between the cyro item and the dino when used so that dinos uploaded to servers and unfrozen still have the correct 12 hour upload timer.

17 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

I agree the cryos need to be re-designed. The whole original concept of them was to reduce server lag by not having hundreds of dinos sitting around the base. The problem is since these things don't produce eggs while in the fridge it doesn't really fix that problem.

It should be changed so that the fridge has a separate egg inventory. For every cryro dino you place in there it will produce so many eggs per hour based on the type of dino. You could say its magic but so is the whole tek thing so it fits in fine. This would actually have the desired effect of reducing lag on the servers.

Also there needs to be a link between the cyro item and the dino when used so that dinos uploaded to servers and unfrozen still have the correct 12 hour upload timer.

This doesn't require a redesign of the cryopod.  Your ideas can be implemented without touching the cryopods at all.  The first one relates to the cryofridge, not the cryopod.  They would just have to work on something to add to the cryofridge.  Maybe no eggs at all, but a cryofridge produces something like "protein residue" that is used as a substitute for the advanced kibble ( or something like that).

Your second idea once again doesn't relate to cryopods at all.  It's a bug/exploit fix involving uploads.  Just make it so that dinos cannot be uploaded to servers if they are in cryopods.  Or, alternatively, just have the upload timer properly attach to the dino, and have the server check the timer.  This is a bug fix really, not a change to cryopod functionality.

On 11/22/2018 at 11:24 PM, Trojanweed said:

They need to be removed and re-done.  The idea is good but balance is way off.  

Ps4 major dupe bug with cryos, saddles are being duped by the thousands.   Every tribe is doing it.  

Just remove them from the game before extinction is dead.   

Your comment relates to a bug fix, not a change to cryopod functionality.  Fix the bug, the issue is gone.  Removing cryopods would adversely affect things like server stability and performance, server caps, etc.  Or they would have to roll the PS4 servers back to when Extinction started, and I don't think anyone wants that.

Archived