[REPORT] CRYOPOD IS OP

Soraquindor

On 11/18/2018 at 12:29 AM, Sup3riorArs3nal said:

That would probably be the easiest way to balance them, but Wildcard has too many other mechanics to break before they get to fixing that one. 

On 11/18/2018 at 12:15 AM, Soraquindor said:

It's literally stupid as you see to build in a cave if they can raid you so fking easy

On 11/18/2018 at 12:14 AM, Aylana314159 said:

So, no surprise WC didn't set checks for the cryopod release to include enemy structures, etc.

y'all realise that as soon as the dino comes out the cryopod they take 10x damage yea?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, VortexReapz said:

y'all realise that as soon as the dino comes out the cryopod they take 10x damage yea?

Wrong. First dino thrown comes out already saddled, completely awake, and 100% for attack and damage resistance. Trust me, I learned this the hard way. Was soaking a FOB with a bronto and a theri for defending it from attack. The enemy whipped a tek rex outta nowhere from behind the FOB. I lol'd. We will wreck this tired, nerfed rex. NOPE. It was neither and wrecked our world. 

Additionally, before that even happened, I had caught the enemy trying to golem soak my rex pen turrets. I whistled neutral and opened the door. Somewhere near 30 300+ tek rexes, four gigas, and a crew of allos, trikes, stegos, etc all bum rushed the golem. The enemy had no time to get it back onto their quetz and was forced to run away in effort to save the quetz and other flyers. My dinos made the golem evaporate. LOL. Except that's not what happened. That would've happened a month ago. Last weekend, some raider simply pulled out a tek ball and sucked up a giant rock, put it in his pocket, and safely ran away with it only to come back 10 minutes later and repeat. It's absurd OP and needs to be fixed. At the very least, you shouldn't be able to cryopod a dino that is currently under attack.

And yes, my base on a center server is wiped. And I'm salty. The raiders even admitted in chat that the cryopods were ridiculously OP. Patch this pokemon crap outta my favorite game.

5 hours ago, Saupe said:

For one, there are collision and size checks when using a cryopod.

I live entirely in 3 caves, none of which they will be able to pop out anything bigger than a trike (learn to build, i think someone mentioned the hatchframes).

Secondly, cave defences focus on choke points, they can pop a stego, drain one set of turrets, blow through and then have to repeat for every crawl space and choke point.

As mentioned above, its all about time same as before cryopods. If it takes an hour to get in, thats an hours warning, activity is a different issue as all offline defences eventually will be lost.

Thirdly, you can use cryopods to counter. They pop a stego out, you throw a theri at them, its your cave, be prepared to defend, beartraps are cheap as poop, plant y everywhere whilst they try and rocket run, spam fences everywhere and make sure you have good defensive positions. Nothing has really changed.

Also, its a risk taking cryopods into other peoples caves (thanks for the giga line Katheeri).

Ok... So you can use other peoples cryopods? are they yours when you use them?

5 hours ago, Churchlady said:

Wrong. First dino thrown comes out already saddled, completely awake, and 100% for attack and damage resistance. Trust me, I learned this the hard way. Was soaking a FOB with a bronto and a theri for defending it from attack. The enemy whipped a tek rex outta nowhere from behind the FOB. I lol'd. We will wreck this tired, nerfed rex. NOPE. It was neither and wrecked our world. 

Additionally, before that even happened, I had caught the enemy trying to golem soak my rex pen turrets. I whistled neutral and opened the door. Somewhere near 30 300+ tek rexes, four gigas, and a crew of allos, trikes, stegos, etc all bum rushed the golem. The enemy had no time to get it back onto their quetz and was forced to run away in effort to save the quetz and other flyers. My dinos made the golem evaporate. LOL. Except that's not what happened. That would've happened a month ago. Last weekend, some raider simply pulled out a tek ball and sucked up a giant rock, put it in his pocket, and safely ran away with it only to come back 10 minutes later and repeat. It's absurd OP and needs to be fixed. At the very least, you shouldn't be able to cryopod a dino that is currently under attack.

And yes, my base on a center server is wiped. And I'm salty. The raiders even admitted in chat that the cryopods were ridiculously OP. Patch this pokemon crap outta my favorite game.

I mean, just be glad they didn't toss down a Giga and eat all the neutral dinos. That's what I would have done. 

The Pokeballs are a bit silly. I personally don't think you should be able to suck up the dinos mid-fight (Or even in flight). One of my favorite tactics is to suck up fliers mid flight (Wyverns/Griffos) when being chased, then Wingsuit away from the enemy (Since the Wingsuit is faster then any other flyers). The cryoballs are a good idea, and I like what they did to the PvP meta, and the game in general, but it does need some tweaking. Hopefully we'll see some common-sense adjustments in the future, once the devs fix more pressing things like Drake/Wyv eggs being invisible, Drakes/Wyvs all hatching at level 1 and the Tek Drake saddle being deleted from the game. 

2 hours ago, TINYMAN said:

Ok... So you can use other peoples cryopods? are they yours when you use them?

Yes and yes. If you have the cryopod, the dino is yours, 100%. If I kill someone, or break into their base, and find pokeballs and dinos, I can use them as if they were mine. I won't get the imprint, of course, but still. 

On 11/17/2018 at 7:45 PM, BertNoobians said:

i reported this balance issue on day 1, this needs to be nerfed.
just run with high speed past turrets and unfreeze your tank/meatrun dino behind defenses. makes no sense.

cryopod was meant to solve pve tamecap, not to make pvp stupid easy.

So now the devs made something EXTREMELY useful for us pve players and you want a nerf? Pve has had to endure nerfs bc of PvP for over 2 years now. Sit back and take it. Now you understand what we have had to deal with

2 hours ago, BigRed1227 said:

So now the devs made something EXTREMELY useful for us pve players and you want a nerf? Pve has had to endure nerfs bc of PvP for over 2 years now. Sit back and take it. Now you understand what we have had to deal with

dude, the changes i want will not effect pve, i play pve myself as well.
right now cryopods help grievers to much.
actually in pve you can also get grieved by pokeballs.

simply make them not work near nmy structures.

On 11/18/2018 at 8:44 AM, yekrucifixion187 said:

As a PvE player myself, you don't speak for me.

I use the cryo greatly. I want to continue my Yuty line in the future but currently have other projects. Boom, cryo'd. 

I have some Basil's to sell but market is currently down. Boom, cryo'd. Added bonus, I can sell them to players without water transmitters on other servers now without having to find a drop or borrow someone else's transmitter. 

We all know Ark happens so I'm currently raising 20 more boss Theri's. I'll cryo them and if I lose some of my current team, I'll have their replacements ready to go without hurting tribe or server cap.

That's just tip of the iceberg.

So many uses. These things are great.

I may have forgot to mention I'm on an unofficial so for me cryos are more of a moving tool than anything. I don't really have many uses for them and I'm the main player on my server, I didn't intend to speak for you directly, but you assumed I did and it clearly bugged you, so let's clear the air. For Official PvE players, yes you have uses. For me, they're just taking up room.

4 hours ago, PooBrainPony said:

I may have forgot to mention I'm on an unofficial so for me cryos are more of a moving tool than anything. I don't really have many uses for them and I'm the main player on my server, I didn't intend to speak for you directly, but you assumed I did and it clearly bugged you, so let's clear the air. For Official PvE players, yes you have uses. For me, they're just taking up room.

As a fellow unofficial PvEr I have to say that I am constantly using these things. This for me is one of the biggest improvements to QoL in a while. Already most of my breeding stock on my Ragnarok map is already stored away into the cryofridges freeing up a ton of room around my base, which is great because I was beginning to run out of dino storage space. I just need to finish storing up any stragglers. These are great for taming trips aswell, just tame up and pod up and take back to base and pop them out. I am loving them lol

Caves were never meant to be god mode for bases. Before Cryopods it was all too easy to build a mass of turrets in one of those caves where no dinos can enter making it very hard to raid for really little effort. This is a good change, there is no room for PVE safe spaces on PVP servers. Everywhere must be a free fire zone.

To nerf the Cryopods to not deploy near enemy foundations would negate their trade usefulness for PvE.

Since I play PvE and trade dinos with people I'm not Allied with, and usually not on my servers - that would put us back to the same issues as before.

So I'm not agreeing with this idea.

If my tamed dino is being attacked by a wild dino? Then I'd like to be able to cryo pod it and flee if needed. I can respawn - they cannot.

As for PvP - if you are actively engaged in a battle of Tamed against Tamed or tamed against enemy firearms/turrets? Nerfing the ability to cryo your dino while it's in battle like that, seems like a reasonable mechanic - because: You brought it there to either kill or be killed.

This change would have to be on PVP servers only because if pods are nerfed accross the board (like WC usually does) PVE players wont be able to throw their pod dinos to use them since enemy pillars are mostly everywhere worth mentioning.

Pods will be abused like everything else in PVP, its how people get the upper hand. You must learn to counter it using the tools available.

SO I read through this whole post.  There are pros and cons.  As stated above.  If they nerf them to not be able to be used near enemy structures...... bye bye pve use cause of the pillar situation.   They should be able to enact SOMETHING that is PVP server specific (since they are different than PVE servers) and do something like that.  But if they nerf it across the board?  They will be completely useless.

There are times when I go out to tame something.  I take my fastest flyer with a dino in my pocket.  I get there then swap tames out.  Won't be able to do that anymore if they nerf it.  What needs to happen is something that is PVP specific.  Not a wide nerf.

As a PVE player I cannot suggest what should happen.  I suggest the PVP community come up with something that they think would work.   And WC needs to implement it for just PVP servers.

On 11/20/2018 at 6:25 AM, BertNoobians said:

dude, the changes i want will not effect pve, i play pve myself as well.
right now cryopods help grievers to much.
actually in pve you can also get grieved by pokeballs.

simply make them not work near nmy structures.

Anything that changes in PvP will affect PvE. Look at Wild Plant Z for instance. Because people in PvP server have been using them to "soak up damage" from turrets, it has been nerfed that it too affect PvE. If you set it in a sense that cryopod don't work near structure, it will be nigh impossible to even deploy it anywhere without risk of getting killed while trying to deploy in a spot, or permanently stuck in a pod because everywhere is pillared and not your ally.

1 hour ago, Vaculity said:

Anything that changes in PvP will affect PvE. Look at Wild Plant Z for instance. Because people in PvP server have been using them to "soak up damage" from turrets, it has been nerfed that it too affect PvE. If you set it in a sense that cryopod don't work near structure, it will be nigh impossible to even deploy it anywhere without risk of getting killed while trying to deploy in a spot, or permanently stuck in a pod because everywhere is pillared and not your ally.

i want to use it that way in pve as well, but the function is far to powerful in pvp. of course the grievers will like this option all to much.

Whoooah, so many posts on this. I play PvE official and changing it so that CryoPods cant be dropped near enemy/non-tribe structures would work fine for cryopods with a dino in. If they implemented this, it would not affect traders as long as you could drop empty Cryopods. 

Bare with me and read on.

You come to my base wanting a Dino. You drop your 'empty' pod and Ill cryo it for you and drop it for you to take away (or alternatively as I am sure the mats are easy) I will just cryo a dino and give it to you. Hell you could even cryo my unclaimed dino. It just means that the person who wants the dino has to go and get it from the trader not the trader bring it to the receiver. Could be a pain for cross server trading but even still, the receiver can go and collect from the other server.

This way, people cant drop Gigas on peoples bases but people can still go collect a trade dino from someone else.

Im probabaly missing something obvious as it has been a long day but the above idea works at first glance... dont you agree?

Cryopods definitely don't need a nerf. If anything, they need to introduce a setting for server owners that lets them mess with how long a dino is asleep after cryosickness.

PvP is based around finding creative counters and solutions to other player's creative methods of attack. You've already gotten plenty of suggestions on how to tackle people with cryopods, so you either adjust and adapt to new player tactics like you are meant to in PvP, or you stop PvPing. The pods don't need a nerf because you can't think of a workaround.

On 11/19/2018 at 7:08 AM, Saupe said:

For one, there are collision and size checks when using a cryopod.

I live entirely in 3 caves, none of which they will be able to pop out anything bigger than a trike (learn to build, i think someone mentioned the hatchframes).

Secondly, cave defences focus on choke points, they can pop a stego, drain one set of turrets, blow through and then have to repeat for every crawl space and choke point.

As mentioned above, its all about time same as before cryopods. If it takes an hour to get in, thats an hours warning, activity is a different issue as all offline defences eventually will be lost.

Thirdly, you can use cryopods to counter. They pop a stego out, you throw a theri at them, its your cave, be prepared to defend, beartraps are cheap as poop, plant y everywhere whilst they try and rocket run, spam fences everywhere and make sure you have good defensive positions. Nothing has really changed.

Also, its a risk taking cryopods into other peoples caves (thanks for the giga line Katheeri).

I need pods filled with Golems to tank turrets on server 92 Green ob  is littered with turrets and need destroyed Also bring meks drops are blocked with vaults

For the cryopod, say i transfer with a golem in the cryopod and use it to tank bullets for 30 minutes, then put it back in the pod. Do I avoid the 12 hour upload/download timer I'd usually have if I bring a tame onto a different server? Or would I have to stash my pod in a hidden box somewhere for the 12 hours?

4 hours ago, Anarki said:

Whoooah, so many posts on this. I play PvE official and changing it so that CryoPods cant be dropped near enemy/non-tribe structures would work fine for cryopods with a dino in. If they implemented this, it would not affect traders as long as you could drop empty Cryopods. 

Bare with me and read on.

You come to my base wanting a Dino. You drop your 'empty' pod and Ill cryo it for you and drop it for you to take away (or alternatively as I am sure the mats are easy) I will just cryo a dino and give it to you. Hell you could even cryo my unclaimed dino. It just means that the person who wants the dino has to go and get it from the trader not the trader bring it to the receiver. Could be a pain for cross server trading but even still, the receiver can go and collect from the other server.

This way, people cant drop Gigas on peoples bases but people can still go collect a trade dino from someone else.

Im probabaly missing something obvious as it has been a long day but the above idea works at first glance... dont you agree?

The issue isn't just about trading, its more about trying to deploy for a quick getaway in PvE. As I stated: anything changed for PvP will affect PvE, and it will make the deployment near impossible if you are surrounded by pillars from other non-allies tribe, which is the case for most maps, not just extinction.

I thought Crypods were implemented to help ease tame cap. I dont think it was designed to allow for an easy assault on a base or for simple trading - these are just secondary roles. 

I cant see WC making huge changes to this system and given time, people will use them as they were designed for which is I believe to allow storage of dinos, freeing physical space at the base and allowing the ease of tame caps.

On 11/19/2018 at 9:08 AM, Churchlady said:

Agreed 100%

Cryopods were made to address PVE overcrowded server issues. They were not needed and should not been introduced to PVP. Another reason why PvE and PvP need separate balancing.

Wc more and more encourages greifing by the day, they are the prefered audience, just look at all the changes made, Why do we not have more (reliable) defense options than turrets? Why are there just more variants of turrets again and again? We need OTHER options, not just turrets.. (and as far as I'm concerned, a Velosaur is just ANOTHER turret)

Archived